Jobs at Thorpe Park

RyanBeatsMinty07

Driving into London in anyway is just plain suicidal in my opinion, as peak times. I did drive there for a few months before my relocation to Staines however be aware EVERYONE is trying to get in or around London. Thorpe is located around several of the busiest M25 / motorway interchanges on the entire M25 and it wasn't uncommon for it to take as long to travel by car as train. If you are travelling around from Kent consider the amount of time you will need to spend on the M25. You will probably need to leave stupidly early to arrive there for 9.

Well everytime I go in car it always takes me 1 hour on the M25, if I leave at 8:15, we arrive at Car park at 9:15, or if 9:30, 10:30 arrival. It quite a smooth run up to there.

And do many people work for full days, because I would be happy to do that and it would make my life a lot easier if I could stay for the entire day. (Hence actually making the 90 minute car journey there and back worthwhile).

Most Staff will work full days, and usually leave half hour to a few hours after the park shuts.

I wouldn't be able to work until next season, because I am only 15 now, and my birthday is in October. Do you think it's worth showing my interest now, and getting in with a chance nice and early?

You are able to start work whilst 15, however you will need to let HR know that you are 15 and are still in full time compulsory education. Once you let them know this, they will apply for something called a "Child Workers Permit" which allows children in full time education to work. Once this has been granted (if it's granted, which it usually is) you'll be able to work :)

Most Staff will work full days, and usually leave half hour to a few hours after the park shuts.You are able to start work whilst 15, however you will need to let HR know that you are 15 and are still in full time compulsory education. Once you let them know this, they will apply for something called a "Child Workers Permit" which allows children in full time education to work. Once this has been granted (if it's granted, which it usually is) you'll be able to work ;)

Thank you for the information! :)

I've worked out, that if I wait until I can drive, and then work at Thorpe Park, I will earn roughly £35 per day. (This includes travel costs). This sounds pretty good to me, and beats the incredible cost of public transport! Do you think it's worth going for a job there at £35 per day?

I was going to work there , it sounded like dream, but thinking bout it now I would only make about 35 quid a day whih next to nothing, despite how fun it is it not really pratical. Also instead of getting Saturday job at Chessington I getting saturday job closer to home which pays more and dosen't cost lots to travel to! Then will take a gap year after 6 form and go Uni, works out better. If you live right near a Theme park then it would be ideal, but if you live 1 hr + away like me it not really gonna happen to me.

I was going to work there , it sounded like dream, but thinking bout it now I would only make about 35 quid a day whih next to nothing, despite how fun it is it not really pratical. Also instead of getting Saturday job at Chessington I getting saturday job closer to home which pays more and dosen't cost lots to travel to! Then will take a gap year after 6 form and go Uni, works out better. If you live right near a Theme park then it would be ideal, but if you live 1 hr + away like me it not really gonna happen to me.

I understand all this, but I see it as a possibility for me, as I already have an evening part-time job that pays around £50 a week. So if I worked at Thorpe as a Saturday job as well, deducting tax and travel costs wouldn't be too bad. Also, you only live once, and I want to try and get as many different experiences as possible. Also, working at Chessington is still an option!

I understand all this, but I see it as a possibility for me, as I already have an evening part-time job that pays around £50 a week. So if I worked at Thorpe as a Saturday job as well, deducting tax and travel costs wouldn't be too bad. Also, you only live once, and I want to try and get as many different experiences as possible. Also, working at Chessington is still an option!

Yeah man go for it!

• 3 months later...

It is perfectly legal to employ under 16 year olds, if the employee has a valid Child Workers Permit issued from the council. Having said this, there are some departments in Thorpe Park that require employees to be 16 or over. (R&A, Medical etc).And as for the "not knowing they were 16", this is impossible, unless of course the employees concerned lied about their age at the recruitment stage. (Which is near enough impossible, as a valid document showing D.O.B is required at the assessment/interview stage of any Merlin attraction).

Yes, you can work at the age of 15. It's just a case of whether Thorpe will be looking to recruit people just for the summer or not. If I were you I'd just keep checking the recruitment website, and eventually the job for you should appear. www.thorpeparkjobs.comLike I mentioned before, you won't be able to work in Rides for example unless you're 16.

Yes, you can work at the age of 15. It's just a case of whether Thorpe will be looking to recruit people just for the summer or not. If I were you I'd just keep checking the recruitment website, and eventually the job for you should appear. www.thorpeparkjobs.comLike I mentioned before, you won't be able to work in Rides for example unless you're 16.

Thanks, its just that I have so long summer holidays and get bored really easily, so I thought I might as well try and get a summer job.

Dear Tim, Unfortunately, we are not currently allowed to employ 15 year olds at Thorpe Park, but when you are 16 you are more than welcome to apply at www.thorpeparkjobs.com Kind regards Richard DillyGuest Services Team LeaderTHORPE PARK, Staines Road, Chertsey, Surrey KT16 8PNTel: 01932 577356

Theres your answer everyone.

Why, it is against the law to work in an amusement park under the age of 16 regardless of what park it is and I know its on the surrey county council website cos A) I'm part of surrey and like to be updated on the county and B ) I also wanted a summer job and was wondering what hours I can do etc.

Why, it is against the law to work in an amusement park under the age of 16 regardless of what park it is and I know its on the surrey county council website cos A) I'm part of surrey and like to be updated on the county and :P I also wanted a summer job and was wondering what hours I can do etc.

In your previous post you did not mention an age limit, you just stated that it is against the law to work at an amusement park full stop. :P