Jobs at Thorpe Park

RyanBeatsMinty07

Just wondering, Like do you have any storys from past visit's from the staff..Like when I went with all my college buddys! we actually got the whole ride singing the ride operators name ..it was well good! Think his name was Tim or Summit, On Rush He was! Ledge! x

There was someone called Tim who worked on Rush in 08 but he didn't operate it AFAIK. Unless it was Ti? When did you go lol, I'm curious to know who it was!Water Cup challenge on Vortex is the best ;) And the screaming competitions between Vortex and Zodiac...I'll miss those days...Some guests are easier to get interacting than others, a bunch of grumpy old men won't be willing to sing "If you're happy and you know it" for example! But it's great when the guests want to join in, there's nothing worse than them all sitting there staring at you in the console like you're a loony :P Although making animal noises down the PA probably isn't most people's idea of interaction...I didn't do it that often, honestly! ;) Good luck with your application themeparkaddict, I'm sure you'll get through! :D

There was someone called Tim who worked on Rush in 08 but he didn't operate it AFAIK. Unless it was Ti? When did you go lol, I'm curious to know who it was!Water Cup challenge on Vortex is the best ;) And the screaming competitions between Vortex and Zodiac...I'll miss those days...Some guests are easier to get interacting than others, a bunch of grumpy old men won't be willing to sing "If you're happy and you know it" for example! But it's great when the guests want to join in, there's nothing worse than them all sitting there staring at you in the console like you're a loony :P Although making animal noises down the PA probably isn't most people's idea of interaction...I didn't do it that often, honestly! ;) Good luck with your application themeparkaddict, I'm sure you'll get through! :D

Hahaha,Do you work there then?I went with my college mates, (I'm about to leave:(:D) and we actually got a whole ride and queue line singing "Just like a Prayer" by Maddona, we currently learned this the day before in class haahaha! This was on rush in October! We then got members of the staff to ride with us, and we got a round of applause when we were leavign the ride by people! Amazing!I liek when people have fun and just lose all sense of dignity, Amense Times!

blah blah condensed quote...Good luck with your application themeparkaddict, I'm sure you'll get through! :huh:

Thanks Michaela! I'm guessing you worked at Thorpe but don't any more? How many people do they usually want from their assessment centre days? I mean do they usually pick quite a few, or just a few (I'm talking complete crap! Sorry!)? Were you in Rides then?It's odd 'cos I asked how many people work at TP on the day and they said 700 in peak season, 200 in closed season. Does that sound right? I mean 700 staff... am I being stupid, it just seems one hell of a lot.After my random waffling I shall now go outside and stick my head inside an upside down oven, just to confuse myself.

It's odd 'cos I asked how many people work at TP on the day and they said 700 in peak season, 200 in closed season. Does that sound right? I mean 700 staff... am I being stupid, it just seems one hell of a lot.

It is most properly true, however I expect that not all of them are on site at one time. You have those that work full time and those who work part time/weekends/peak periods only.

Michaela I cant help but wonder why you were talking about chickens or something like that to Marc through the Vortex PA.I dont expect you to remember, but it was in 08. Lol

I did? Ok then... :huh:

Thanks Michaela! I'm guessing you worked at Thorpe but don't any more? How many people do they usually want from their assessment centre days? I mean do they usually pick quite a few, or just a few (I'm talking complete crap! Sorry!)? Were you in Rides then?It's odd 'cos I asked how many people work at TP on the day and they said 700 in peak season, 200 in closed season. Does that sound right? I mean 700 staff... am I being stupid, it just seems one hell of a lot.

Yep, worked there in 07 and 08, miss it :( Well some of it :DWas in Rides, a very fun and interesting place to be, I can assure you! Not sure how many people they pick exactly, it depends on how many returning staff go back and how many of the people in the assessment centre were good or bad. If they were all useless then that's no help lol...but if they were all great then I don't see a reason for them all not to be accepted, I mean they're always looking for staff...