2019 Season

Marc

As a something extra to do for a half term or a weekend it'd be fair enough, a little extra diversion can only be a good thing. Zero interest to me, but whatever.

There's a problem though when nothing else has been promoted at all, nothing new, no events, nothing. They then link whatever this is to the 'season' in their first post, and make it cryptic as if it's some secret big announcement that can be misinterpreted as something worth while. 

Now all it's done is reinforce that there's nothing to return to Thorpe for this year unless you are interested in this relatively niche and childish thing, which is at odds with the thrill orientated offering at the park. Still a rudderless ship, isn't it?

15 hours ago, Ivsetti said:

It seems the Wes Phillips guy that HYPD were contacting regarding the Fortnite competition at TP is an associate director of Epic Games (creators/ distributors of Fortnite) so it seems to have the developers' company's stamp of approval hence I don't think any suing shall be taking place (sorry to ruin the joke).

But Epic Games ARE being sued for some of the dances appearing in their games no?

I've been told that merlin want to reopen loggers leap, as its their only log flum in this country, but with the current state of repair it would cost too much. So they are after an IP, to cover the costs. If its true, which I hope it is, that could be why the old town is looking a bit untidy, as it might depend on who the IP is, maybe we'll see a complete retheme of the area in the future.

Id like to see a replacement for slammer, the park is looking real untidy with the SBNO rides these days. 

More late nights, but no silly IP's, no one really cares, we just like night time rides.

I'd also like to seem them concentrate on the little things like getting all the effects working, and generally getting the park looking better, its starting to look a little tired in places, we do really need a Thorpe TLC Program.

But if the silly IP funds the late night and all you care about is the rides, does it matter?

Edit

Apologies for quoting a reaaaaaly old post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I mean, Thorpe's response would be funnier if the original comment wasn't true.

Prices do go up, the length of the queues has increased, meaning on busier days ride counts go down.

I'm all for banter from the parks, but when it's in the face of legitimate points, regardless of how they're presented, it loses all credibility.

23 minutes ago, Project LC said:

Thorpe posted something about infinite possibilities for 2019 which has resulted in this gem of comment.

Screenshot_20190221-094300__01.jpg

And if this was a park serious about turning guest satisfaction and the experience around they’d of replied with something like how they are working to improve across the park etc 

They still don’t get when it’s appropriate to go all jokey 

edit, later replies they do say how they’ve been working hard to ensure 2019 is great 

12 minutes ago, Mark9 said:

It's just completely inappropriate really. A lot of the replies love it though so I guess if you loved Thorpe, just don't visit anymore and visit parks that value your time and money. Thorpe sure as hell don't anymore.

A lot of the replies clearly, they believe TP is amazing, wonderful and beyond criticism. 

A strong safety culture is always important and should always be a company's priority (I suspect Merlin also has this). On the railways it is estimated that a fatality will cost the railways £1.94m and that is the figure we use for cost benefit analysis tasks. For the entertainment industry this figure will be much much higher. Merlin can not afford a fatality, they were only just able to withstand an injury. 

It makes economic sense to have safety first and any member of staff that doesn't put it first shouldn't be working for Merlin. Some staff won't be saftey conscious but they will be the small minority. To suggest the company doesn't value saftey just doesn't make sense.