2019 Season

Marc

7 minutes ago, Portvls said:

What if Rumba has been left as returning in 2019 for a reason? What if they’re retheming it to a jungle set up? What if they’re actually doing something that is needed in the park? Hmm ?

Based on James' update above, there's been no work to Rumba aside from the boats being taken away to presumably have the gates installed. 

It would be highly unlikely that they're retheming Rumba to any sort of quality if no theming work has begun a month before the park opens.

23 minutes ago, Portvls said:

What if Rumba has been left as returning in 2019 for a reason? What if they’re retheming it to a jungle set up? What if they’re actually doing something that is needed in the park? Hmm ?

Every. Single. Year. ?

There is no Rumba re-theme, can we please stop speculating about a re-theme, it's not happening. 

11 hours ago, Lewis. said:

IAC is staying alongside an RMC themed to Dec downing a bottle of Jack Daniels and going drink driving through the jungle/Pinewood Studios, though Merlin only gave the park a budget of £50 so they've just got an old wacky worm and put some nice fencing from B&Q around the area hoping nobody will notice. You heard it here first! #worldsfirsthybridwackyworm

Thats still the second most exciting thing they've added in the last decade.

52961886_10156852682745867_5662066896829

A set of events for 2019. Along with GameFX is...

-Jungle Escape. An upcharge escape room, presumably taking place in I'm a Celebrity. From May.

-BounceZilla. An inflatable, potential fun Total Wipeout-esque, course. Over summer.

-Fright Nights. 

Jungle Escape and Bouncezilla sound like they have potential. Why Thorpe didn't just announce all this in one go boggles the mind (I guess they planned to drag it out, but the bad response made them change their mind..)

However, let's note that this is the first year since 1997 where no new (free) attraction has been introduced at the resort.

Like I said previously.... E X P E R I E N C E S

Only positive thing is I do sort of like the infinity/Thorpe Park logo tie in for synergy.

The whole "vibe" of 2019 seems a lot more happy/brighter - which is the polar opposite of 2018. Which is precisely the problem with Thorpe - short sightedness. Try this - nope, that didn't work... let's try this instead.... let's be all about thrills - no wait we're family orientated now we've got some family rides - actually we are a year round Walking Dead theme park... forget that we are all about experiences now and events... Where is the long term plan? Will 2020 see something entirely different? Probably.

2 minutes ago, StevenVig said:

Jungle Escape, as I predicted, is literally IAC, without the IAC branding.

Not surprised, ?at ? all

What clues does one decode in IAC? ?

At the bottom it says additional costs apply, so it seems more like a different, upcharge experience (like an escape room) than just IAC rebranded...

48 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

However, let's note that this is the first year since 1997 where no new (free) attraction has been introduced at the resort.

Hopefully the last year too, just in case £33 entry minimum isn't enough for guests this year.

So the only 'new' stuff for 2019 is the following:

• A temporary upcharge giant HB Leisure stall.

• Vulcan Peak: Escape Edition.

• Not-unique-to-a-theme-park gaming tent.

• The return of an event which last year made Dead End Terror Zone look terrific in comparison.

What a year to look forward to. Then again, I suppose this is all better than nothing...

I'm not understanding the hate for these events, apart from the fact that they're only events and not bigger announcements. The events themselves are all non-IP bits of fun to do at the park. The BounceZilla one sounds especially good since those courses usually cost £15 upwards for a ticket and are a lot of effort to travel to for something only 30 mins long or so, I can see it being incredibly popular during the summer.

1 minute ago, EpicSmatty said:

I'm not understanding the hate for these events, apart from the fact that they're only events and not bigger announcements. The events themselves are all non-IP bits of fun to do at the park. The BounceZilla one sounds especially good since those courses usually cost £15 upwards for a ticket and are a lot of effort to travel to for something only 30 mins long or so, I can see it being incredibly popular during the summer.

Don’t give them ideas! 

Can’t see where it’ll fit... unless Loggers site is flattened by then?

Even the marketing is dull - a poster. 

57 minutes ago, Marhelorpe said:

A temporary upcharge giant HB Leisure stall.

BounceZilla isn't listed as an upcharge event.

31 minutes ago, Ivsetti said:

I suppose you've got a professional-standard gaming event ready to go in your back yard then? 

Gaming events/expos are common all around the country. The sort of stuff you'll find there is what Thorpe will have.

And that's the thing with these new events - they're all stuff that you'll find elsewhere. Not a bad thing by any means, but it just seems like the wrong time to introduce them..

Thing is as well, these are things that are pretty plentiful in loads of places now... Can't fall over without finding an Escape Room company (there's about 5/6 in city centre alone up in Leeds), there's numerous trampoline/activity places opening, and gaming stuff is starting to come in due to esports...

But if you're interested in these things would you do them at a theme park? It's a similar question to having a Dungeons attraction at Towers (though at least at Thorpe the hours are slightly better), why would you take 45 minutes out of your day to partake in something like this after paying whatever the entry fee is?

Would people rather this, or the park replacing Slammer with, well anything? These additions scream of a park under the thumb of a company giving them little money to spend, and the worrying thing is it's only going to get worse apparently since the focus is on building Legolands everywhere in the world... Towers has an attraction foisted upon them, Thorpe have no money to spend on anything worthwhile and Chessie are getting another retheme of an attraction which was mothballed...

Here's the thing, these events would be fine IF (and I cannot stress the IF enough here) the rest of the park wasn't in dire straits and in desperate need of picking up, getting a dusting down (or a repaint) and generally sorting out... But the parks aren't given enough money to do this because of KPIs or ROIs are directly noticeable from such things, even though having a park that looks the part is one of the most important factors in terms of guest satisfaction... If it looks like a cheap death-trap, then likelihood is guests will come away with that viewpoint...

2 hours ago, Coaster said:

So they've brought back the fast track kiosk near Inferno?  Or was that brought back ages ago and I just didn't notice?

It was the one where depth charge is which was removed for last season - was used as booth to collect Ride Access passes towards the end of the season.