2019 Season

Marc

I would assume this is what the Stealth tweet was referencing...

https://thelunacinema.com/thorpe-park

Outdoor cinema screening of Back to the Future and Bohemian Rhapsody during the May Bank Holiday.

Tickets start from £27.50, including 2 hours of ride time on Stealth, Dodgems, Detonator and Teacups, with the film's starting at 9pm, and the screen being set up by Stealth.

Interesting idea I guess, but no appeal to me personally

22 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

I would assume this is what the Stealth tweet was referencing...

https://thelunacinema.com/thorpe-park

Outdoor cinema screening of Back to the Future and Bohemian Rhapsody during the May Bank Holiday.

Tickets start from £27.50, including 2 hours of ride time on Stealth, Dodgems, Detonator and Teacups, with the film's starting at 9pm, and the screen being set up by Stealth.

Interesting idea I guess, but no appeal to me personally

Interesting so that’s a private hire of the park for the two nights and therefore the risk is moved away from Merlin if it was to be a failure. 

Actually very good to see other companies wanting to try something new with the park. 

55 minutes ago, pluk said:

While it's not for me at the mo, this is a very good idea! Hope it works out.

I wonder if it's hit by bad weather they could move it in to pirates? Yeah, pirates. It'll always be pirates.

Pirates ? 

These screening things usually go ahead even in heavy rain, they advise you to be prepared although they will upsell ponchos etc 

Like you it’s not for me but it will appeal to some. 

2 hours ago, Portvls said:

I actually thought it was a decent idea at first.. Not one I’d personally be that interested in, but it’s something different?

But £27 a ticket? And £35 if you want a seat provided for you? Come on...

Remember this is being done by a third party, not Thorpe Park. Upcharge on seating and even cushions is the norm at these outdoor cinema events

Luna Cinema tickets are normally £15 at other venues. That in some sense means it's a £12 charge for the 2 hours of rides, and more unique location.

Given that Thorpe are the ones pushing it, I imagine they contacted Luna Cinema to diversify their events further. Thorpe will probably make a percentage of the sales after a certain amount, hence why they'll push it. Really though, it should be the other way round - people who are interested in outdoor cinema could lap this up, given the location and the rides.

As I say, I like this idea, even if it's not my cup of tea. A very strong negative reaction on social media though - a tad surprising, but I can understand the point of 'why are you focusing on this' though.

Full version of the map now available:

On top of what we already knew, we have...

-Wilderness Bar & Kitchen replacing Sticky Sisters

-New name for the coffee hut outside Wilderness

-The disappearance of The Grill / any food place in Old Town

-Live actors not listed as part of TWD experience, but still for DBGT

I don't like how the events are highlighted; makes them look like major attractions. That makes it especially awkward come June, when GameFX is finished (unless they plan to release further maps, but then why bother highlighting Jungle Escape/BounceZilla so prominently?). Also find it very weird that Sunken Gardens is highlighted so largely; it's bigger then 10 rides!

Do like the little symbols representing each coaster; they're neat. 

But overall, not overly keen on this style. Better than some previous versions, and at least it can be used as a 'map', but feels very squished (why so much blank space around?!).