2019 Season

Marc

30 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

They've deleted it now... unlike Thorpe to make social media bloopers innit?

Also, where is the Fright Nights 2020 thread for wild and pointless speculation, this place has gone to the dogs! :D

You can't even be bothered to post in the fright nights spoilers thread and you already want a 2020 thread.

• 2 weeks later...

So obviously Rameses Revenge is going from Chessington, and my girlfriend and I were wondering what the chances are of it being refurbished and installed at Thorpe instead.. Not something we'd like to happen personally, and it probably won't, but I get the feeling it isn't impossible. What do you lot think?

As much as Rameses has been faithful over the years to Chessington, it's really struggling now and in the last few weeks has suffered quite a bit of downtime, so it's definitely time for it to go. Like others have said, I'm pretty sure if they could keep it running, they would have kept it at CWoAR rather than transferring it to TP.

Thorpe's is also 10 mins between refills but I'm fairly sure the staff explain that when you purchase the cup. To really sue over something like that is crazy...

It is the same as unlimited data when they put a limit on it. Wrong. Unlimited means without limits. Short time or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

42 minutes ago, Ivsetti said:

It's October half term and it's Fright Nights. And there's barely anyone in the park. Seems after last year shambles many people aren't returning this year and we can safely say if this trend continues this week whatever Merlin tell us visitor numbers at the park genuinely are dwindling. Which is a shame considering this year is much better than last year.

This week isn't half term for most schools around the south (most schools up north are on half term). They've copied the Towers way of doing things by being open for two full weeks. 

Towers do this because they get an influx of people from all over the country visiting, especially during Sacrefest.

This is the first time Thorpe have done it this way (in the past, they were only open for the half term for schools down south, and then the days up to Halloween if that wasn't included in half term). 

Whether Thorpe have done this based on demand and actual research or just seen that Towers do and have copied is unclear. But given how quiet it looked yesterday and today, so far the risk doesn't seem to have paid off. Maybe a later opening would have been a better option for this week..

48 minutes ago, Ivsetti said:

It's October half term and it's Fright Nights. And there's barely anyone in the park. Seems after last year shambles many people aren't returning this year and we can safely say if this trend continues this week whatever Merlin tell us visitor numbers at the park genuinely are dwindling. Which is a shame considering this year is much better than last year.

Also its a strange 2 week thing for half term this year @Mattgwise may be able to explain. But I would assume next week to pick up the crowd levels we are usually used too.

It is half term for many London Boroughs this week, but most of the surrounding London counties such as Surrey have their half term over next week. 

So for Thorpe it is pretty much half term this week and next. Its unusual for this to happen TBF. 

I would expect Thorpe to be busier next week though seeing as many more locals will likely visit then seeing as the park is in an area with most schools off then. 

2 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

I note Samurai and Quantum have been down for a couple of days now, with Vortex seemingly a bit under the weather too.

It seems that Rush is also limping home too. Was operating on 1 arm with a 60 min queue on Friday evening - and was the only "decent" attraction open thanks to the wind closing everything else.

A poor end to an other-wise pretty decent season.

Same as Yesterday, Vortex, Quantum, Samurai, All closed, Rush still one arm. 

Honestly yesterday was apaulling, it was the busiest ive visited, and while obviously its half term, the free passholder entry probably didn't help, however the crews on most of the coasters were trying their best to send trains out, notably on stealth, which was flying through the queue the best they could 

also side note, love the fright night launch music on stealth!