Jump to content

2019 Season


Marc
 Share

Recommended Posts

Wish they did something like the six flags/cedar fair parks did where you can purchace a bottle for around $25? I think, and then use it all year at any of the chain parks, though it was a season pass add on, but still no reason to not make it a seperate thing, other than not making more money of course though :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, LK_ said:

Wish they did something like the six flags/cedar fair parks did where you can purchace a bottle for around $25? I think, and then use it all year at any of the chain parks, though it was a season pass add on, but still no reason to not make it a seperate thing, other than not making more money of course though :D

When Merlin first introduced the refill capsules for passholders, it worked similar to that. I feel like at first it was £10 for a whole season, before slowly rising to £16.

 

They eventually changed it so it was £1.50 for the bottle and then 75p(?) per refill, an idea which wasn't too well received.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ivsetti said:

It seems opening day had loads of school trips for some reason? Couldn't they wait till next week or something. 

Either way, it's *apparently* gone less swimmingly than passholders day last week:

image.png.65c61a955801d22f9b0ca3d537f2d675.png

Thorpe back to being Thorpe I guess :(

Here's to hoping today will be the exception this season (others are saying that it was a fairly quiet day today though).

Video of Colossus stuck: https://youtu.be/QuEMuRVRlnQ?t=443

image.png.c8bba3f8932b9ab8d62b76382754d36c.png

Very odd, I used to plan a rewards trip to Thorpe in the last week of March, but we were the only ones there! Guess everyone has finally cottoned on to the fact that summer trips are a stupid idea! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Marhelorpe said:

Never before have I ever witnessed something more ironic than this...

 

20190330_101137.thumb.jpg.9900cd02b341f013d4042adf413eb39a.jpg

 

Funny how so many can join a cattle pen queue this long to get a RAP but can't wait 5 minutes for Flying Fish...

 

:blink:

Unfortunately until Merlin get tough on just who is eligible for RAP this is how it’s always going to be. 

 

I assume they are too worried about getting Daily Mail stories such as “Merlin said I wasn’t disabled enough anymore” 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thorpe deserve some credit for a lot of the small things they've done over the closed seasons.

 

New restriction boards for basically all rides, signs around the park directing people, continued good quality landscaping around the park. Then the small touches of paintwork are good.

 

Sadly this is largely lost and overshadowed by the big things, like the state of Colossus, Inferno, Swarm, the quality of audio, the dome's stripped back emptiness, etc. And these are the things that truly matter and should be focused on.

 

Hopefully the small touches are a sign of things to come. But when they're easy things to get right, and the big problems have been problems either for years or a long time coming, I remain cautious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

Thorpe deserve some credit for a lot of the small things they've done over the closed seasons.

 

New restriction boards for basically all rides, signs around the park directing people, continued good quality landscaping around the park. Then the small touches of paintwork are good.

 

Sadly this is largely lost and overshadowed by the big things, like the state of Colossus, Inferno, Swarm, the quality of audio, the dome's stripped back emptiness, etc. And these are the things that truly matter and should be focused on.

  

 Hopefully the small touches are a sign of things to come. But when they're easy things to get right, and the big problems have been problems either for years or a long time coming, I remain cautious.

Colossus yes I agree with, however Inferno + Swarm and the dome I completely disagree with! I see no problem with Inferno apart from the chewing gum which is hardly a big issue if you think about it. Swarm I see no issue at all with great operations. The new dome looks modern, clean and in the 21st century! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Colossus and Swarm I think both looked awful today, Swarm's Station looked worse in person.. Ughh..

The dome wasn't as bad in person but I do feel the dome now has lost some of the charm the Alantis-ish theming and style gave to it,

like maybe it'll grow on me, but I'm not a fan of the current dome as of my first visit.

 

As others have said the new signs that give directions must be really useful for anyone who doesn't know the park (why did it take them so long to add these?) so kudos to the park for finally adding them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, JoshuaA said:

Colossus and Swarm I think both looked awful today, Swarm's Station looked worse in person.. Ughh..

The dome wasn't as bad in person but I do feel the dome now has lost some of the charm the Alantis-ish theming and style gave to it,

like maybe it'll grow on me, but I'm not a fan of the current dome as of my first visit.

 

As others have said the new signs that give directions must be really useful for anyone who doesn't know the park (why did it take them so long to add these?) so kudos to the park for finally adding them.

I thought the opposite and that it didn't look as bad in person compared to the photos. The dome especially didn't really bother me.

 

You should have said you were on park, we could have said hi!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BBoyJD10 said:

Colossus yes I agree with, however Inferno + Swarm and the dome I completely disagree with! I see no problem with Inferno apart from the chewing gum which is hardly a big issue if you think about it. Swarm I see no issue at all with great operations. The new dome looks modern, clean and in the 21st century! 

Nah, Swarm's station looks DREADFUL. Not even just the beams, but everything else is peeling away, chipped, broken, and dire. Inferno's gum station, faded colours and supports aren't much better.

 

The dome is seems to split people 50/50. But to me currently it's just bare. Signage is nice enough, but it's such a mashup of themes and styles right now, that it just feels awkward. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JoshC. said:

Nah, Swarm's station looks DREADFUL. Not even just the beams, but everything else is peeling away, chipped, broken, and dire. 

The current wood panelling yes is beyond dreadful, that I can't deny. Even the material around windows and walls is coming away (one creating a lovely... Bottle holder). I just thought the supports  which everyone was going on about didn't look quite as bad as they did in pictures. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

People (usually just ride area managers or in-house scenic people if you're lucky) who do these zero-budget revamps don't often realise you cant actually just paint over a surface that's already been painted and expect it to last.

That whole Rumba revamp was drab, drab, drab. But it's not really their fault, it's more that Merlin will just never pay for a proper job for something like that sadly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...