Room on the Broom - A Magical Journey

21 minutes ago, pluk said:

I've not done Room on The Broom due to a self imposed Merlin ban so I might be wrong to suggest it, but why isn't it like Hex with an automated door or curtain between the scenes? An obvious way to batch people through isn't it?

Space would be one major limiting factor I'd guess. The attraction is still effectively a narrow corridor with the occasional open space for the scenes. Fitting in doors would be awkward (not impossible mind, but just awkward).

Equally, I don't think it would work or make it feel any better. With Hex it works because you have a payoff at the end. I personally think walking through a corridor, being stopped at a door, watching a scene, and repeating 4 times before being greeted by a mirror maze wouldn't work and would feel very tiresome.

I guess the answer is from a creative standpoint, the positives would come with as many negatives, and at an extra cost and effort.

5 hours ago, JoshC. said:

Fitting in doors would be awkward (not impossible mind, but just awkward).

They  already have automated fire doors between scenes (or at least Hocus Pocus did and it would be part of regulations for this to as well) so it would actually be pretty simple to have gates or something along those lines. The reason is probably cost.

I think it would be awkward but would at least make the format work, ideally they should have ditched the stop and watch format altogether and just have a jolly good walkaround

• Mattgwise changed the title to Room on the Broom - A Magical Journey