Annual Ultimate Fast Track

Rach666

Question

12 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Ivsetti said:

Further question: Why on Earth would you spend £400 for Fastrack at Thorpe Park (because most rides don't need it IMO except Colossus, Saw and the flats during busy periods if you're bored of the coasters)

Indeed, it would be better value to buy a Blackpool Season Pass, Europa Park season pass and/or a Disney season pass if you've got £400 to dispose of. If people want to spend £400 to queue at Thorpes Fastrack booth on busy days instead, then that's their choice I guess.

On 2/22/2019 at 5:09 PM, Stuntman707 said:

Indeed, it would be better value to buy a Blackpool Season Pass, Europa Park season pass and/or a Disney season pass if you've got £400 to dispose of. If people want to spend £400 to queue at Thorpes Fastrack booth on busy days instead, then that's their choice I guess.

If you visit often enough and don’t want to queue £400 is a good price for ultimate fastrack all season to be fair!

16 hours ago, Marc said:

If you visit often enough and don’t want to queue £400 is a good price for ultimate fastrack all season to be fair!

Thank you Mark, I clearly agree. 

On 2/22/2019 at 1:56 PM, Ivsetti said:

Further question: Why on Earth would you spend £400 for Fastrack at Thorpe Park (because most rides don't need it IMO except Colossus, Saw and the flats during busy periods if you're bored of the coasters)

Because I get 30+ rides in a visit without sacrificing precious annual leave 

On 2/22/2019 at 5:09 PM, Stuntman707 said:

IMO? Simply put; Thorpe is better and around the corner.... but thanks for apparently being the only person to answer my initial question... :D 

1 hour ago, Rach666 said:

Thank you Mark, I clearly agree. 

Because I get 30+ rides in a visit without sacrificing precious annual leave 

IMO? Simply put; Thorpe is better and around the corner.... but thanks for apparently being the only person to answer my initial question... :D 

Thorpe better than Europa Park and Disney? 

Annoyed Okay GIF - Annoyed Okay Then GIFs

I personally think the idea of an Annual fastrack ticket is pretty ridiculous, but if people will buy it then Thorpe will sell it!

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Thorpe better than Europa Park and Disney? 

Annoyed Okay GIF - Annoyed Okay Then GIFs

I personally think the idea of an Annual fastrack ticket is pretty ridiculous, but if people will buy it then Thorpe will sell it!

Why yes, you're right, instead of spending £400 at Thorpe, that's just down the road;  I'll buy a pass so that I can go to Germany every weekend and queue up. That's actually pretty great value... ?

On 2/22/2019 at 1:12 PM, Rach666 said:

Hi Guys, 

Does anyone know how the annual UFT works? I assume you are provided with a separate pass to show at the FT booth to pick up the wrist band for the day? Hilarious and disturbing you still have to queue after spending £400.....

I believe you collect the pass and you just simply show the pass at each Fastrack ride. Given they've moved towards scanning Fastrack tickets, it would make the most sense.

One would hope that the Fastrack pass has your name / photo on it so you don't need to collect a wristband every time. Or at the absolute most you have to show it along with your Annual Pass..

It's probably best to message the park directly to confirm though. I imagine it's a very niche product so they're probably tweaking the rules to suit the few who go for it.

2 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

I believe you collect the pass and you just simply show the pass at each Fastrack ride. Given they've moved towards scanning Fastrack tickets, it would make the most sense.

One would hope that the Fastrack pass has your name / photo on it so you don't need to collect a wristband every time. Or at the absolute most you have to show it along with your Annual Pass..

It's probably best to message the park directly to confirm though. I imagine it's a very niche product so they're probably tweaking the rules to suit the few who go for it.

Thank you JoshC, appreciated. 

34 minutes ago, Rach666 said:

Why yes, you're right, instead of spending £400 at Thorpe, that's just down the road;  I'll buy a pass so that I can go to Germany every weekend and queue up. That's actually pretty great value... ?

I struggle with long queues but Europa is actually pretty manageable.

I wager Silver Star has a similar throughput to Inferno and Swarm combined.. The queues can get long but they usually move much faster and some have great theming too (Wodan is the only ride where I want to queue!)

I honestly don't know why someone would buy AUFT, I find Thorpe boring after half a day, going everyone weekend would bore me to death.

I guess each to their own, but at least at Europa its hard to get bored as there is a stupid amount of stuff to do and some areas are so lush you can sit down on a bench and feel utterly immersed.

I'd personally much rather spend £400 experiencing a new park with different rides, rather than skipping the queues on Thorpe's rides for a year.

...that said, this time last year I hadn't ventured outside the UK in terms of theme parks - but the idea of a year-long Fastrack ticket just seems wrong to me.

Wow! Some people on here are pretty dismissive of any-one who wants to spend the money on the pass.. Surely it's down to the OP to decide how their £400 is best spent and I note that at no point did the OP ask for opinions on the pass, just how it worked?

My understanding is that it works the same way as the DigiPass and VIP Annual Pass (and the once-collected Ultimate Fast-Track bands) - you rock up and have it checked.

For the record, I'm also doing the same - I live about 20 mins away from the park and am looking forward to being able to just get up on a weekend and hit the park for a few hours knowing that I don't have to even check how busy it is - I can just go, do what I need to and come home again - no wasted time, no disappointment because Swarm has a 2 hour queue and no planning needed for Fright Nights too...

Just pointing out that fastrack has no value on a quiet day and there are better value things to spend £400 on. Compared to the Adrenaline package for example, It only starts becoming better value if you plan to go on more than 5 coasters in a day on more than 8 busy days during the season. Add the Exhilarate and it's more than 10 rides a day on 5 busy days. Or it's more than 4 busy days with Unlimited but missing the Walking Dead the ride.

It's entirely your choice on how you spend your own money at the end of the day but hopefully it's a more informed and rounded decision. Feel free to ignore everyones opinions.

I'm glad Europa doesn't sell fastrack. Their queues move pretty quickly being able to fill the whole trains from the main queue.