Smaller meets

profburp

Question

Hey! So fairly new back to the forum, never been to one of the meets and a little nervous to meet a load of people for the first time!

I am not shy, just not something I have done before, I saw it is possible to organise a small meet up on a day with a few maybe going the same day, does this usually work and have people done it in the past? All new to me!

6 answers to this question

In terms of smaller meets, people usually organise outside of the forum with their friendship groups.

The best piece of advice is to just try and get yourself to a meet. I'm now leading on the trips but only first started coming two years ago. I too was nervous but once I arrived I felt like I knew everyone for a long time and was made to feel welcome. At the moment the trips have group sized that are smaller than they were a few years back so now is a good time to try it out.

@EpicSmatty and @JoshuaA both attended for the first time at Christmas. Could you both kindly let @profburp know how easy you settled in :)

Any questions PM me!

16 hours ago, JoshuaA said:

I think its all about just going out and doing it.

Its really good fun being with a bunch of fellow enthusiasts (they sure as hell isn't a shortage to talk about) and just not overthinking it.

You'll meet some awesome people, they don't bite.

Just don't turn up like 30 minutes late like I did ?

Haha I never am late! But yeah sounds good!

I was quite nervous before my first meet at Christmas as I'm usually a really shy person but within moments of arriving those nerves were gone, everyone is lovely and we've all get plenty in common to talk about! By the end of the day I couldn't wait for the next meetup! :D If you're considering coming to one of the meets then just jump right into it, you won't regret it! :) 

Oh wow guys thank you so much! Feel really welcomed already! Sounds like hey See great fun! Everyone seems a really nice too which is lovely! So how do we know when meets are coming up do they just get posted on the trips page or is there a calendar of them already set? Sorry for all the questions!