Park Theming & Effects

richy2001

Yeah, I've noticed that, and there's a camera on there which doesn't even work, it's been facing in one direction for months now.

What's your opinion? And what would you re-theme if you could?

Sorry, I disagree. I can list a load of other little picky jobs they need to sort out first, jobs which we, the regular visitors, haven't been sorted out in years!

I totally agree - theming is soooo importantHave they re-themed Samurai yet?

No! :ninja: And it won't be.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Samurai's colours are fine at the moment, and has anyone noticed the new floor for Detonator?OFF TOPIC: Anyone know why the topic "Quick Questions" is locked, couldn't post this in quick questions as it is locked :ninja:

I noticed that as well. I was reading the last few posts but couldn't find anything that might have got it locked....Also, in terms of theming and paintwork, I think Thorpe Park are doing a good job on most of the rides. Many of us saw on the opening day that many little bits and pieces had been improved. You have to bear in mind that there are a lot of things to do at Thorpe Park, and they can't possibly deal with them all. But yes, as mentioned earlier, I do agree that it is a bit silly that the entrance sign still says Tussauds. I would have thought that this was quite an important thing to change.

Everything looks makeshift and temporary.

I completely know what you mean. Also, while we are talking about the entrance, what does anyone think about the security processes now? I think its good that they started doing it at the beginning of last year, but they should check everyone, not just do a random selection.

I completely know what you mean. Also, while we are talking about the entrance, what does anyone think about the security processes now? I think its good that they started doing it at the beginning of last year, but they should check everyone, not just do a random selection.

Do you understand how much time that would take to process every single guest?EDIT:- The idea is good on paper, but in practise it just doesnt work out

Do you understand how much time that would take to process every single guest?EDIT:- The idea is good on paper, but in practise it just doesnt work out

Obviously have more security stations. If they can manage it at airports, why can't they do it at TP?Plus a couple of minutes out of your day isn't much to ask for.

Yeah the entrance really annoys me. The car park is hideous- its the worst layout aswell. Theres no paths or foliage or anything. The entrance sign needs changing and theres nothing about the entrance that screams WOW about the place. The cattle pen is disgusting and there is no where to sit if your waiting for your tickets. Everything looks makeshift and temporary. I know theres better things to spend money on but the area needs some major sprucing up its feels like theyve just forgotten about the entrance into the place. Its hardly a great first impression when the entrance looks like such a dump.

Yes I agree. I think that instead of having a new ride next time they should spend money on re-theming, car park, re-painting and the entrance and anything else which will improve the look of the park.

• 1 month later...

They need to repaint most of the theming and repave most of the areas imo, and sort out whatever Saw's extrrior landscape is, not really sure if it's left as a building site or wether it's half themed to one..?

Thanks I thought it was just me that felt that way about Saw lolSaw has fantastic theming, its an amazing ride but the landscape REALLY bugs me, how the concrete at the bottom of the supports stands out like a sore thumb, all of the bricks everywhere, it just looks like they left the landscape the same as it was when the track was being built lol. I understand that the "building site themed landscape" is the theme however it just bugs me because it looks messy and bare, hopefully TP will put some plants in soon! Also they should clean the Colossus lift hill, that black oil bugs me! I might clean it myself one day lolOh and Nemesis Infernos track when entering the cave is very dirty! Looks like white power from the smoke effects Apart from that though I personally think TP is the best theme park in the UK and I love it to bits! much better than AT IMO!

Thanks I thought it was just me that felt that way about Saw lolSaw has fantastic theming, its an amazing ride but the landscape REALLY bugs me, how the concrete at the bottom of the supports stands out like a sore thumb, all of the bricks everywhere, it just looks like they left the landscape the same as it was when the track was being built lol. I understand that the "building site themed landscape" is the theme however it just bugs me because it looks messy and bare, hopefully TP will put some plants in soon! Also they should clean the Colossus lift hill, that black oil bugs me! I might clean it myself one day lolOh and Nemesis Infernos track when entering the cave is very dirty! Looks like white power from the smoke effects Apart from that though I personally think TP is the best theme park in the UK and I love it to bits! much better than AT IMO!

I'm sure TP are still hiring cleaners :blink:

Even if they are employing cleaners, I doubt these cleaners are going to be climbing up 100ft supports to get oil off them :blink: It could probably be done with a cherry picker and jet washer though.I would like to see Flying Fish themed into Amity Cove properly, with it actually going round bits of buildings that the Tidal Wave has destroyed and derelict junk everywhere like the Tidal Wave queue. If not they should at least theme it into Neptunes Kingdom and not with a crazy surfer dude.

Even if they are employing cleaners, I doubt these cleaners are going to be climbing up 100ft supports to get oil off them :blink: It could probably be done with a cherry picker and jet washer though.I would like to see Flying Fish themed into Amity Cove properly, with it actually going round bits of buildings that the Tidal Wave has destroyed and derelict junk everywhere like the Tidal Wave queue. If not they should at least theme it into Neptunes Kingdom and not with a crazy surfer dude.

I agree about themeing to Tidal Wave but I like the Awesome surfer dude! :P

Saw has fantastic theming, its an amazing ride but the landscape REALLY bugs me, how the concrete at the bottom of the supports stands out like a sore thumb, all of the bricks everywhere, it just looks like they left the landscape the same as it was when the track was being built lol. I understand that the "building site themed landscape" is the theme however it just bugs me because it looks messy and bare, hopefully TP will put some plants in soon! Also they should clean the Colossus lift hill, that black oil bugs me! I might clean it myself one day lolOh and Nemesis Infernos track when entering the cave is very dirty! Looks like white power from the smoke effects Apart from that though I personally think TP is the best theme park in the UK and I love it to bits! much better than AT IMO!

I know what you mean about Saw's bricks everywhere, the landscaping isn't the best around the drop and the queueline. Then again, they were pushed in getting it ready, if I remember, the last bit of paving was only going down about 2 weeks prior to full-season opening.

None of Inferno's effects are working, hmmm. I don't see what is wrong with Saw's landscaping. The area has intention of looking 'messy and bare' as it were. Neatly arranged plants etc would look silly against a dodgy, 'derelict' looking warehouse. I suppose we are all entitled to our opinion though.

I dont understand why they planted such small vegetation around the queue!? At the moment its obvious it was only finished weeks ago, there is no sign of any sort of establishment or age, which is important to the theme. The least they could have done with the rest of the landscaping is some bark trimmings on the floor, as opposed to the mud :/Those footers are mighty ugly too. This whole 'building theme' has nothing to do with SAW either.