Park Theming & Effects

richy2001

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Tidal Wave blows up due to a faulty gas line :P Oh how fun that would have been...

The Tidal Wave gas cylinder has not worked for years, yet even though it won't ever work along the supply it originally did, it's still easy to fix."How?" I hear you say.Easy.Install a machine or some sort of device capable of blowing fire inside the gas cylinder, which runs off a brand new supply, and not the old one. It may involve closing Tidal Wave for about a week if they did it mid-season, but it'd be worth it.

The Tidal Wave gas cylinder has not worked for years, yet even though it won't ever work along the supply it originally did, it's still easy to fix."How?" I hear you say.Easy.Install a machine or some sort of device capable of blowing fire inside the gas cylinder, which runs off a brand new supply, and not the old one. It may involve closing Tidal Wave for about a week if they did it mid-season, but it'd be worth it.

exzactly.plus what happend to the flamethrowers on the top of asylum-they were there in 2007 and in 2008 the were gone,small extras like that could make the park even better

Mid Season is the Summer. I doubt Thorpe Park would close a ride like Tidal Wave in the middle of Summer. And you do also make it sounds so much easier than it is. After all it would involve re-routing of piping and things like that, so the whole job would take a hell of a lot longer than a week.

• 8 months later...
Yes! I had a feeling they were going to include the shark's head on the inside of the building. And wow! What great stuff they have installed! Really well done.:rolleyes:However, why? It was already a really well done restaurant, but what do you think lead them to spruce of KFC? Is it going to turn into an in-park outlet similar to what has happened at Chessington and Alton Towers?

For the first season in years, we can see Thorpe making a real effort with Park-wide appearance and theming. I really like the new signage around the Park, and it's great to see the attention to detail on some individual rides; Colossus has had some nice work done to it, Vortex looks fabulous, and the Amity Cove KFC is superb! The entrance plaza is also very smart. And full mist on Nemesis Inferno, including the queueline crater? Really nice effort; I don't think the Park has in general looked this good for years.

When I visited THORPE PARK on Friday I have to say I was very impressed with the improvements made within the park! :( Colossus - The fountins looked very nice!New image - The new signs etc... The park has needed this for a few years now and it makes the park feel a little more complete =)KFC - It looks fantasic lots of new little bits to look at which is always good!Nemesis Inferno - The mist was very strong! Most of the red ights were not working though.Fences - Some have been painted!THORPE PARK have made a bigger effect this closed season to make the park look even better and I love what they have done!I love the new logos etc... I prefer the old logo and image however it all looks fantasic! :) WELL DONE THORPEY!

I can't believe I'm not going to Thorpe Park for a little while now. I feel like I'm mising out on soooo much :D

I'm with you on that one. Have to wait till at least may till I'll be going :) Think I'll be getting withdrawal symptoms considering last season I was at Thorpe pretty much every other week !