Park Theming & Effects

richy2001

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless I'm mistaken, there was no increase. They simply changed the way they measured it - so when it hit 80MPH, as opposed to when it left the launch track. Not sure if I've got my facts wrong here though.

Yup, it was just the Marketing department changing where they measured 0-80 in!

It is also tasteless. In the queueline you have videos playing "Trashy Trev's Cheesey Chat Up Lines" and "Crazy Pete's Guide to Queueline Insanity".They are fun and light-hearted but so is everything if you look at it from a certain point of view. In my opinion Thorpe Park should go back to their old brand style introduced in 2008 before Saw came and overtook everything and now these bobbing-head chavs.:PThere was even a huge poster at the entrance showing a man with an earing and chains hanging from his trousers shouting into a microphone, among other odd characters. I can't really say I am a fan of this new image.

Bit annoyed that Thorpe removed the upside-down flashing sign in KFC. Now it feels bare/bland inside without that center piece...and its something that actually worked without fail and looked very good...Thorpes tag line should be "If it ain't broke, break it...".Its annoying that they keep wrecking Amity with crap everywhere or taking out good bits. On a lighter side...I liked the Cirque Du Freak music. I liked the little cirus theme tunes inbetween songs. Lost City seemed to have a different loop to the rest of the park though?And its nice to see that Colossus' station Queue doorway theming was remade. Even if it was with spray-can paint which makes it all shiny.

• 2 months later...

It was pretty cold, and making use of the daylight hours meant getting up at 4:30am, but the greasy canteen fried breakfasts kept us going...

Posted ImageBy the looks of it, it wasn't only the breakfasts keeping them going... -_- Tis interesting - thanks for that. But it is a pretty standard thing to do really. I still doubt this will affect how long OG has left though..

• 2 weeks later...

Posted ImageNice to see the sign fully fixed now!Pic stole from Rickys facebook..

This has really excited me actually!! Loved the flashing lights back in the day! I wonder. No bull, I mentioned about the sign when queuing with an engineer (and his daughters) last year. And the following season its springs to life... ;)Whatever. This is awesome ;) Great to see little bits and (big) bobs being done!

It's good that they've fixed this again, it does look great working as it should. Things like this will always be done if there is enough money and resources for it, which thankfully there seems to be. I do feel a bit embarrassed that we're commenting on a few lights that they've managed to get working- is that what the theme park industry has come to?Though it's very easy to single out our parks, Islands of Adventure before its recent parkwide rehab looked absolutely shocking, even Disney have their fair share of problems (broken Yeti anyone?).

This guy looks about 16, I bet this is the only reason its getting done.A 16 Year old on work experience who is doing the jobs that the real engineers cant/wont do. ;)

Hate to tell you but that is not really the case.Inferno also seems to have new lights in the tunnel and the mist is working much better, Stealth smokes also working.

This guy looks about 16, I bet this is the only reason its getting done.A 16 Year old on work experience who is doing the jobs that the real engineers cant/wont do. ;)

Or it's fantastic that finally things that have been off for over 6 years are finally coming back to life.

Amazing that you can tell the age of a person from the back of their head as well... Maybe you should go into the psychic business?

• 1 month later...