I've seen very little about it anywhere, surprisingly. Is it supposed to be any good? How does it compare to their previous Fright Nights escape room effort?

20 hours ago, JoshC. said:

I'd hazard a guess that this hasn't been as popular as the park had liked, since it has now seen a £3 price reduction: https://www.thorpepark.com/events/jungle-escape

Pay on the day: £7

Book in advance: £6

Passholders: £5

It's odd isn't it - it's almost as if people come to a theme park, and expect to pay an entrance fee and everything is covered other than food and drink. Strange.

I did this last week. And yeah, it's meh.

There are two rooms you tackle, and they contain 2-3 puzzles. From what I can gather, the puzzles are simple or require silly logic to solve; no in-between. 

Almost half the experience time is faff with actors / pre show which doesn't really fit given its an escape room. I'm normally pretty positive to seeing actors in the attractions and think that, despite the obvious costs involved and the criticism Merlin come under for actor-led experiences, they normally do a decent job. This is not one of those experiences sadly.

The idea of pitting two teams against each other is good, but falls flat given how unpopular that attraction is at the mo. 

So yeah, a shame this. It had potential, it still has potential, but there's not enough puzzles or escaping for it to feel like a good escape room experience.

58 minutes ago, 08newmanb said:

According to officials, Jungle Escape will return for 2020! Isn't that great?!

Well it has to make back its investment

They should just tear it out. That building was perfect for horror mazes and served that purpose for 12 years. 

Either put Asylum/freezer back in there where it belonged, or put an awesome horror maze back in there.

On 9/29/2019 at 6:06 PM, Mattgwise said:

They also said this time last year I'm a Celeb was returning in 2019.

Where was this said? Not doubting you, just curious as there definitely was no plan for I'm a Celeb to return this year!

21 hours ago, EpicSmatty said:

Did the building have a function before being used as Fright Night mazes?

There used to be a small stage roughly where the query for Jungle Escape is called the Showcase. The space was probably used as a backstage and storage area for any shows before it was used as a maze (and probably throughout the rest of the year when the space was a maze!).

On a serious Jungle Escape note, I hope that they make suitable changes next year. It was hardly used this year, which feels particularly wasteful given there's two routes for competing teams. Either make it significantly cheaper (or free and just bookable) or make it much more involved and suitable for smaller groups. That way, it at least uses the space more effectively for the crowds it gets.

I still think that there's room for an escape room at theme parks / resorts if done correctly. But right now, Jungle Escape misses the mark.

2 hours ago, JoshC. said:

Where was this said? Not doubting you, just curious as there definitely was no plan for I'm a Celeb to return this year!

The sign said returning in 2019.

8 hours ago, Loggers Creek said:

Tbh at this point we could assume anything could be returning at the park next year.

Except Loggers clearly.

Hoping for freezer/asylum to return then.... 🤞🏻

14 hours ago, Loggers Creek said:

Tbh at this point we could assume anything could be returning at the park next year.

Except Loggers clearly.

And Slammer #RIP ❤️