Ride Accidents

pluk

• 2 weeks later...

Wow that seems like a lot of injuries - I hate that all of them could have been so easily preventable.

True, but that little round up covers about three months. If you think of how many millions of rides were taken around the world it really is a very tiny percentage. 

Australia - Three hurt teens hurt falling from a ferris wheel. Seems that they were messing about, opened the door which then caught on the wheel frame and tipped them out. Squarely their own fault if correct.

1445770036832.jpg

1445769617385.jpg

Australia (again) - No one hurt as empty carriage falls from operating Rok 'n' Roll. Owner optimistically calls it a 'minor malfunction' and reopens the ride!

USA - Two girls hurt after slipping zipper restraints and rolling loose around the cage. They look tiny, wouldn't be surprised if they were under the height restriction

USA - minor injuries to worker as wild mouse throws wheel and strands riders.

• 3 months later...

Fishy! I don't see how he ends up on his side that quickly unless he literally laid over people as the ride started. Doesn't seem to be much backing this up around the web and also says this as an update on TPR's video.

UPDATE! The report of the man standing could be erroneous as it may be a copy/paste typo from another ride accident. Reports at the moment are very sketchy and few and far between. Since this happened in China, a lot of the information has not been out yet. If you see any additional news or information about the accident, please post the links in the comments section. Thank you!

Watched it a few times now (feel bad but morbid curiosity plus I can't figure out if it is real) - it does look a bit odd the position he came out of the ride.  I've seen a load of fake accident vids that people put on youtube (purely to get views) and this just looks iffy.

If it is real then that is horrific :unsure:

One of the most disturbing things about that video is the way it is presented by TPR.

The thumbnail being a freeze of the moment he falls, the description with all the exclamation marks, the describing of the victim as a Darwin award nominee based on an entirely unverified comment. Just crass, turning the death of someone into sensationalist traffic stat fodder.

I would message them to tell them what I think, but they'd just ban me. Like they did last time, the fools.

On the incident itself, it appears to be a knock-off? 

One of the most disturbing things about that video is the way it is presented by TPR.

The thumbnail being a freeze of the moment he falls, the description with all the exclamation marks, the describing of the victim as a Darwin award nominee based on an entirely unverified comment. Just crass, turning the death of someone into sensationalist traffic stat fodder.

I would message them to tell them what I think, but they'd just ban me. Like they did last time, the fools.

On the incident itself, it appears to be a knock-off? 

I was banned from the Facebook page once as I was young and didn't understand their sarcasm towards a carnival cruise. lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Pinfari inverted coaster...

7 casualties already confirmed, the park is going to suffer majorly as it's already looking much more serious than Smiler ever was...

Fortunately M&Ds is seen as a funfair more than a full on park, so it might not have a serious impact like Smiler, but that should not detract from how incredibly massive this incident is for the industry...

8 minutes ago, ChessingtonSam said:

How the... has a ride derailed? 

Yes but listening to witness's is unreliable, some are saying the train broke in half, others the track broke, some are saying it slipped off because of the rain, you get the idea.