Ride Accidents

pluk

3 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

That's shocking, how on earth can an entire train derail? Surely even if one wheel assembly failed the train should still be partially attached?

In theory but when that assembly breaks, can the others take up the slack?  I think its more likely the broken assembly was done when it hit the ground.

2 minutes ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Supports definetly didn't collapse because its still standing 

You cannot see the top of the ride in the photos, one reporter said it stopped at the top of the lift hill before falling, but you know how reliable witnesses can be, however the cars do look to have dropped vertically because if they'd have been running at speed, the cars would likely have been spread out over a bigger footprint.

Wow.

Praying there's not, but it's hard to imagine there's not facilitates in that.

Got to presume that it is an assembly failure of some sort; if the track had broken leaving a gap surely there'd be photos readily available. It would be a pretty obvious gap in the tracks which would not be able to be concealed by the park like most of the train is, and someone would have photographed it by now. 

Also, it seems the ride would have been in motion because it has fallen away from the track itself. The train appears to have held together on the ground so I wouldn't expect there to be a wider debris spread.

452949-tsunami-roller-coaster-crashes-at

MDs-Motherwell-Tsunami-rollercoaster-cra

ad_211058347-e1466955640299.jpg?w=620&h=

PAY--Motherwell-rollercoaster-main-rescu

Wasn't the park just clinging on as it was? If so I doubt it'll ever open its doors again.

15 minutes ago, pluk said:

Praying there's not, but it's hard to imagine there's not facilitates in that.

Actually, every pic I've seen so far suggests the train has managed to hit the floor upsidedown or sideways, which would probably be more survivable and less likely to involve limb loss. Also I've not seen any blood or mention of that sort of injury from witnesses. 

The biggest concern would be any little kid on those bikes underneath being crushed.

6 minutes ago, pluk said:

Actually, every pic I've seen so far suggests the train has managed to hit the floor upsidedown or sideways, which would probably be more survivable and less likely to involve limb loss. Also I've not seen any blood or mention of that sort of injury from witnesses. 

The biggest concern would be any little kid on those bikes underneath being crushed.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe it was confirmed not long after it happened nobody was on the bikes. Not sure if there's any truth but apparently a boy has lost a hand.

Shocked & sadden to see ANY theme park incident, my thoughts are with the family of those involved in this crash.

It brings up some serious questions about the maintenance of that ride, and how it was able to de-rail like that!

In good ole Daily Mail fashion, our favourite rollercoaster crash victims was available to leave a comment, I won't link it as that'll just fuel the fire.

I fear what this, with the Smiler crash will do to peoples opinions of Theme Parks 

Sorry about the poor quality screen shot but could someone tell me if:

That section of rail is a transfer track, or

That's a very sharp corner and and the angle is hiding the other part of the track, or

There is supposed to be track attached after that section and the aforementioned track is elsewhere, perhaps under or behind the cars?

Screenshot_2016-06-26-23-55-18.jpeg

8 hours ago, Ian-S said:

Sorry about the poor quality screen shot but could someone tell me if:

That section of rail is a transfer track, or

That's a very sharp corner and and the angle is hiding the other part of the track, or

There is supposed to be track attached after that section and the aforementioned track is elsewhere, perhaps under or behind the cars?

Screenshot_2016-06-26-23-55-18.jpeg

I believe this is where it detailed, according to eyewitnesses. 

Screenshot_2016-06-27-08-05-25.png

8 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

I just knew this was going to happen at some point...

To be fair though, things like this shouldn't happen. Every ride should be 100% safe with no problems and all safety precautions thought out. It is sometimes out of their [the parks] control though.