Ride Accidents

pluk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 9:30 PM, Stuntman707 said:

A bit overblown as a headline. "More people will die on UK theme park rides"

All of the local 'live' sites are absolute shitrags of the highest order. They are the very definition of clickbait and sadly people fall for it and click away. Drives me insane.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Three injured, one critically, in ride incident at Fudstock in Barrow.

https://www.lancs.live/news/local-news/three-injured-one-critically-ride-21429453

Reports on Twitter are suggesting that the ride involved is a Waltzer; potentially a restraint failure by the sounds of one report although that is purely speculation at this stage. Hope everyone makes a full recovery.

• 6 months later...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10651331/Teen-dies-fall-Florida-amusement-park-ride.html

Absolutely awful news.

This is the world's tallest drop tower ride - it does feature seats that tilt you forward and I wonder if that had a part to play in this here. You have to wonder if the restraint was pulled down far enough. Be careful if looking on Twitter because the video is out there and currently not flagged as sensitive 😞

This is absolutely awful.

I unfortunately saw the video this morning before I had really realised this had happened and it's been haunting me ever since.

Really, really horrible thing to happen to the poor guy and everyone who witnessed it.

I don't want to watch it again to confirm but it does look like the gondola hit the brakes towards the bottom of the drop, and the poor lad simply slipped out underneath the restraint at huge speed.

It hasn't even been 18 months since the previous victim fell to their death from the Star Flyer in the same death trap park.

Makes me wonder how seriously safety has been taken at Icon Park...

^Yep, different parts are run by different companies.

I saw the video yesterday and it...yeah. Wish I hadn't seen it.

Regardless of what caused the incident, I don't even want to imagine what anyone involved is going through. From those who know the person, to those watching, to those on the ride. Whatever they're feeling, it won't be pleasant. 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
17 hours ago, Stuntman707 said:

Winter Wonderland slingshot ride smashes into post after bungee cord breaks. Just by luck nobody was injured.

https://news.sky.com/story/winter-wonderland-slingshot-ride-smashes-into-post-after-bungee-cord-breaks-12768521?dicbo=v2-8756b0315cdabd13d119a09cbea3299e 

I saw this.. I'm wondering does anyone know what the safety checks like at WW? Are they comparable to say Thorpe?