Coupons/Tickets

bubbly

The point they are all making is the fact it went live at 9:5x. Servers are highly accurate in time keeping and don't just release it early. It would have been set up to release early either by accident or on purpose. Releasing it early is not fair. However I'm sure complaints would have happened even if it went live at 10.

The point they are all making is the fact it went live at 9:5x. Servers are highly accurate in time keeping and don't just release it early. It would have been set up to release early either by accident or on purpose. Releasing it early is not fair. However I'm sure complaints would have happened even if it went live at 10.

Would you be complaining if you got them? They can make whatever excuse they want and it would not make any difference to them.

I complained and got an automated message saying.Thank you for your email:

So as you’ve probably seen or heard, our limited 12p ticket webpage unfortunately loaded a few minutes earlier than the scheduled 10am which meant that whilst some people were successful, many were disappointed that they didn’t get a fair chance to apply for the limited offer.

Rest assured, we are taking this extremely seriously and over the course of the Bank Holiday, we’re reviewing all our processes to find out exactly what happened. Once we’ve reviewed all our findings, we promise to update you again shortly after.

We are sorry this happened and we will contact you again with what we will be doing.

Enjoy the rest of your Bank Holiday.

THORPE PARK Resort

Can we all please just take a minute and appreciate the time I got sent this email.obv8.jpg

You all moan that you didn't get the tickets however looking at how many hundreds of complaints are being made, do you really think you had a chance anyway?

Really had to rub it in didn't you! :/

Like I have previously said it should have been only 1 ticket at a time could be 12p.

Had this been a rule, and you had won a ticket, you would be moaning that you couldn't book more than one, and that Thorpe are ripping you off by giving a cheap ticket to one person but the rest of the party having to pay normal price.

Honestly this was looking like such a great promotion for the park, seemed to be shared all over the Internet, everyone from social media to news sites were advertising it - and then they managed to mess it up so bad. "Oopsy it was a technical error" is probably the best apology we'll ever get.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Midnight - 00:00. This is the first moment of the new day, when the clock restarts. Midnight on the 19th has already been. Not that Thorpe anyone uses is like that, but it is correct.

Another, less tedious, observation. There seems to be a lot less BOGOFs stuck to packaging this year? Usually you can't move around Sainsburys without seeing them, but I don't think I've come across one yet this year. 

• 2 months later...

VIP tickets; met a lady I'd seen at TP a few times, and occasionally ridden alongside. I knew that she was a mum and the last time I saw her, she got a text from her husband and "he would pick up the kids" which meant she could stay at TP for a further few hours. Now I found out she has a VIP pass, how nice I thought. Now I have found out how much they cost, Wow! Not for me, but I can see how it can work for someone in her position; travels in, rides what she wants, then belts home and picks up the kids.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2019 at 11:58 AM, Stuntman707 said:

You can get 50% off Merlin attractions on 02 Priority. (Search the app) And a chance to win tickets every Friday. 

https://www.merlinentertainments.biz/terms/02priority50/

It's 50% off the on-the-day price, so £27.50. I think there is VAT and an additional charge also. All I know is that when me and my partner tried to use this, it ended up being the exact same price as the advanced ticket price direct through Thorpe Park.