David Walliams World - New for 2020

JoshC.

• 2 months later...

This has now been confirmed to be 'The World of David Walliams': https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/whats-on/alton-towers-world-david-walliams-3434435.amp

I'd expect a full Press release from the park today.

Actually a pretty good choice for an IP in my opinion. Relevant and contemporary, whilst also having enough sticking power to be a classic. Seems to suggest a brand new ride plus rethemes are coming.

Of course, there's questions as to whether the park should be relying on another IP and such. However, if they HAD to go for one, I can't think of any better choice.

Also, it's nice this has been officially confirmed, after Walliams accidentally leaked it himself 18 months ago...

"Would you like me to cut you in with the Gangsta Granny Alton Towers ride?" David jokes, Simon responding: "Are you serious? Why do you think you got that?"

;)

Who remembers the last time time Thorpe Park had a new permanent addition that wasn't some second hand rides? It's getting a touch ridiculous now. DBGTROTD has evidently emptied their pockets and left them with their proverbial pants down.

To keep it on topic - good to see a dead area of the park having some investment at Towers.

Tell you what, as much as I sniff at the use of IP’s in theme parks, if this is executed well, I’ll welcome it. It would be perfect for families and will revitalise a dead corner of the park, which hopefully will mean the reopening of the theatre again if the plans show it.

Only thing that bothers me is if Alton weren’t so insistent on building The Alton “Black-walled” Dungeons for this year, that ride building and system would have been perfect for something like this, especially given the success and feedback of Gruffaloworks at Chessington.

• 2 months later...

I’d probably guess the theatre and old Nickelodeon buildings combined and possibly extended. Not as noticeable during construction. Wobble world as a gift shop and cafe again then retheme of driving school and potentially a flat where toadstool used to be unless that makes a miraculous return

59 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

Good for the younger audience I guess, but aren't they both small buildings? Not going to be a very long ride surely? 

Wait till you try it before judging, this project has been kept relatively secretive who knows what could be built.

Besides, the ghost trains at WW are short but you still pay £6 for them.....

23 minutes ago, Glitch said:

Wait till you try it before judging, this project has been kept relatively secretive who knows what could be built.

Besides, the ghost trains at WW are short but you still pay £6 for them.....

I certainly did not pay for them at WW. I stood with you whilst the rich lot went on! 🤑

Like I say anyway it will be good for the younger audience, not me whether short or not. 

• 1 month later...