X

Garyy

• 2 weeks later...

Now that Ministry are taking up a more permenant residents at Thorpe Park, I really could see MOS sponsoring X and renovating it, into the type of attraction that would resemble the music, I.e. nightclub. Obviously a lot of money would have to go in it, but a deal like Ministry of sound could drasticaly improve the ride.

If you could imagine, Ministry of sound could advertise its latest albums, via the music and queueline and maybe rollercoaster screens! Yes it would be a soul less commercial attraction, but would be far better,

so what do you think? Ministry of sound; presents X:/

Would be a good idea, but would really only be worth it if X:\No Way Out was actually removed. This puts horrible images of a club being built on X:\No Way Out's spot when it finally gets removed (quite soon, I believe), but here's hoping Thorpe do a bit more to the ride's memory than simply slap a sex pit for chavs right next to Colossus.

For X, unfortunately, the end is slowly but surely drawing ever closer. By bet would be it leaving by 2016/17, perhaps even sooner.

The thing is, I'd love a 'Club X' sorta feel - flashing lights, rave music and so forth. The coaster itself is not that good in honesty, but it's what they do with it. Having it in the dark was the first novelty, but a better novelty is to have this whole club night / techno / rave feel to it. Not being too fast or too intense means it's the perfect ride to have a laugh on with a group of people, so make the most of it and have that feel to it.

However, having a short lifespan left, are Thorpe going to think it is worthwhile spending money on all this, which won't come cheap to do it properly, and putting the effort into doing it? Probably not, which is the shame. However, a few more flashing lights - would could be used for plenty of things, not just X - wouldn't go a miss, and should be pretty basic to do.

That would be news to me.. Maybe it was to do with the Easter event and they were prepping for that? Speaking of the arena, isn't that due a small refurb according to the MTDP?

In a few years, wouldn't be surprised if Slammer, X and Surge make way; opens up the space quite nicely for a major coaster or something. And it's quite possible that Ranger County won't even last a few years, might not even make it to 2013/4...

Isn't the arena being demolished as we speak? If not then it was in a shocking state a few weeks ago...

No, far the opposite of that it's having work done on it ahead of the summer events... ;)

The Situation with X is just disappointing to be honest been a fan of this ride and slowly watching it fall apart is not a good thing, Personally I think they should re-theme the ride... Thorpe's indoor attraction line-up is shocking to say the least and there's no rides to take cover from the weather conditions removing X will leave the indoor attractions list even smaller and that's simply not good enough!

• 2 weeks later...

I am really not up on where Thorpe is at with X, because I thought they were experimenting with having lights on last season for a bit to reduce the number of people vomiting? It may have been a case where they had just had a few people already throwing up so they thought they'd turn them on just to try and sort it out. I have never worked at a theme park but I'd assume the low point of the job is managing vomit clean ups.

This makes me even more intrigued what the worst part is! :blink:

But seriously, I was just thinking that while X No Way Out may not be all it used to be, seen as it is really the only all indoor attraction they have right now, it would probably be in the park's best interest to keep it until they at least have another sizable/main attraction to offer which is indoors and not exposed to the elements.

I liked the manakin... :(

By the way can I ask. Is it possible for the lap bars to fail whilst the ride is in motion?

Only a friend of mine that was on it claimed that the lap bar came apart from him whilst going up the lifthill so he had to hold on to the sides or something like that.

I don't know whether this can happen of whether he was just making it up/over exaggerating, though to be honest I would not be surprised. Poor X :/

It was probably just looser than what he was used to on a ride. If you pushed it up, they'd probably go a fair distance before hitting the next ratchet.

The bars are pretty obsolete anyway, I don't see why he'd have to hold on to anything while the train ascends, its really not THAT steep.

Yeah the lap bars can fail while the ride is in motion, like when we have a Running close down on there we didn't have to check the lap bars - I don't work there this year but thats what we done last season...

Isn't that just the case of being able to send with lapbars open rather than them failing?

X lapbars are never tight anyway, always loose and flimsy on me.

One thing that is confusing me is what identity (if any) are they really trying to give X right now. Are they giving the rave ride concept a go or sticking with an evil super computer research facility?

I dont even think they know what theme its supposed to have. So much keeps getting chucked at it and all the things which go down hill dont get removed, so now its just one big mess that is gonna cost a bit to sort it out and lets face it with all these cuts, I aint gonna happen.