X

Garyy

Change the track on the inside to something like a Maurer S?hne spinning cars coaster like spinball whizzer at alton towers but they should keep the piramid and still keep it as a dark coaster. This would be great.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really like that idea (not only because Maurer S?hne are my faveourite manufacturers) but I think it would be really fun , add some strobe lights in the pyramid and maybe make a whole new Maurer S?hne coaster inside the pyramid and I think we could have one amazing dark ride.

I really like that idea (not only because Maurer S?hne are my faveourite manufacturers) but I think it would be really fun , add some strobe lights in the pyramid and maybe make a whole new Maurer S?hne coaster inside the pyramid and I think we could have one amazing dark ride.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

God, I love that idea that would be so cool to do.But what about the people with epilepsy ;) they be having some major fit

People with epilepsy are advised not to ride X anyway. Besides, my mother has epilepsy and she can still go to gigs with me and my dad, despite all the strobe lighting, and not have any problems.Anyway, regarding the retheme of X, this is what I heard from a rides manager earlier in the year:- 'Ghost train' ride- Family ride- Forwards- The ride will be 'ripped out' and the inside of the pyramid LOWERED a great deal, to increase the size of the ride- Closes in September- No longer 'pitch black', but still a dark rideObviously, things will have changed since then, in fact I've heard the rumours were scrapped altogether. That makes sense with Fishy coming back. I was told this months ago and was assured this was definitely the plan for X. Maybe one day we'll look back at what could have been...

X:/ is an awesome ride and I'll be gutted if this retheme goes Bubbleworks style. (Crap).On Monday it was dead! The part where the queue used to split was looking excellent, all the luminous stuff light up and weird sound effects. Joe pressed the thing on the wall and this zombie thing light up and he jumped out of his skin!! The actual ride was very good as well with the spinning light on, a strobe light we think and weird computer noises being played on the brake runs. Plus we had a train to ourself ;)

I really love X!, They should changed the track layout maybe have a loop? I heard that when vekoma was planning it they told Thorpe to have a inversion in it and it would of fitted but Thorpe said no!. So I think they should have a inversion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea and that would really be able to fit in the area, seeing as Slammer is right behind it. I also totally believe you, about Vekoma wanting Thorpe Park to have a loop in the coaster.

Yea and that would really be able to fit in the area, seeing as Slammer is right behind it. I also totally believe you, about Vekoma wanting Thorpe Park to have a loop in the coaster.It can fit in the building, Vekoma said that it could make it over the inversion but Thorpe didnt want that. I also no this becuase I'm apart of Southparks Forum and there was this person who works for Vekoma and he help design the layout for X

It can fit in the building, Vekoma said that it could make it over the inversion but Thorpe didnt want that. I also no this becuase I'm apart of Southparks Forum and there was this person who works for Vekoma and he help design the layout for X

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am also a member of SouthParks.org, and that doesn't make you special. Could you point me to a post on southparks, which backs up what you are saying.

I am also a member of SouthParks.org, and that doesn't make you special. Could you point me to a post on southparks, which backs up what you are saying. Out of all the rollercoasters we design, the Enigma is by far the cheapest. It's basically really really small. I'm sure most people who have seen XNWO with the lights on would agree with me that if it was outside without a pyramid, it would not look at all like an 'exciting' coaster at all.Most Enigma's are built in parks with very little money. (I'm comparing them to theme parks with coasters which cost around 12 million), which is why they are in pitch black darkness, simply because the track just goes around in circles and overlaps. This type of coaster is just for thrill. It's worth just over ?1.5 million, which may sound a lot but believe me in rollercoaster terms it is not.I would agree everyone on the team was proud of the final result of the ride. RMC were certainly gobsmacked that they had come up with such an idea. However, if it would had been Tussurds with all the coasters they have now, well you compare and figure out. Would Tussurds waste their money on this ride?I'm not saying the rides awful, I admire it for still being the first backwards coaster in pitch black darkness. I just think RMC ruined it by not looking into the future and doing what seemed right in the year 1996, and now they have left this burden on Tussurds. The first time I took a ride in that coaster, with full lights on and testing, I thoght it had been a complete waste of money. When I went on it again normally back in 2000, it was much better.I would guess RMC were happy by the outcome, but personally I think they chose the wrong type of coaster, speaking from experience. Look at all of our models here. But overall, RMC chose this type, although we recommended an indoor Vekoma Illusion, which would had been much better value for money and more of a thrill. If the pyramid was big enough, may also had been able to pick up enough speed to fit a loop in. Now compare that to what Tussurds would have done now... It's RMC who made the mistake here. The ride was good at one time, but now it's getting slated from what I have read. If they would have left the decision up to Vekoma, the ride would still be getting applauses up to this day, which is why Tussurds are toying with the idea of what to do with the ride.Well, now you've heard the truth and my opinion as one of the rides constructors. I hope the ride gets sorted out so it can be enjoyed by many again.Thats from Matthew who helped design it.

• 2 weeks later...

People with epilepsy are advised not to ride X anyway. Besides, my mother has epilepsy and she can still go to gigs with me and my dad, despite all the strobe lighting, and not have any problems.Anyway, regarding the retheme of X, this is what I heard from a rides manager earlier in the year:- 'Ghost train' ride- Family ride- Forwards- The ride will be 'ripped out' and the inside of the pyramid LOWERED a great deal, to increase the size of the ride- Closes in September- No longer 'pitch black', but still a dark rideObviously, things will have changed since then, in fact I've heard the rumours were scrapped altogether. That makes sense with Fishy coming back. I was told this months ago and was assured this was definitely the plan for X. Maybe one day we'll look back at what could have been...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They should have stuck to that idea as I fell the fact that theme parks have replaced all the Haunted houses with other rides. Although maybe if it were to become a Haunted House it could have the laser game like Duel or Tomb Blaster as they are really fun.

• 3 weeks later...