X

Garyy

Posted this on 2013 changes as well, sorry for double post...

I know the change of the name has been given... but we now have conformation that 'X' won't be opening for the start of the season, which leads to basically confirming that something is being changed.

Comments from a status of Thorpe on facebook...

Martin Cooper Looking at a few live streams from today, X doesn't look like it will be open tomorrow. Please prove me wrong Thorpe, as I'd love to see what has changed with the ride!

THORPE PARK Official Hi Martin, we are working hard to get X ready for opening later in Spring - watch this space as we will bring you all the news of the changes soon

I know the change of the name has been given... but we now have conformation that 'X' won't be opening for the start of the season, which leads to basically confirming that something is being changed.

Martin Cooper Looking at a few live streams from today, X doesn't look like it will be open tomorrow. Please prove me wrong Thorpe, as I'd love to see what has changed with the ride!

THORPE PARK Official Hi Martin, we are working hard to get X ready for opening later in Spring - watch this space as we will bring you all the news of the changes soon

Merlin theme parks just can't stick to deadlines...

Merlin theme parks just can't stick to deadlines...

But, would you rather the park opened something half finished?

But why would Thorpe, a park aimed at extreme thrills decide to change one of their coasters to be more inclusive of a family market?

Is it because they've realised the family market is more profitable now?!

Was thinking the same thing.

But why would Thorpe, a park aimed at extreme thrills decide to change one of their coasters to be more inclusive of a family market?

Is it because they've realised the family market is more profitable now?!

well X was never an extreme thrill... and they've realised it doesn't stop families from coming to thorpe park and then complaining about there being no rides, so I think they've had to have a bit of a rethink, even though I reckon they will still go for their current target audience; just trying to subtly widen it again.

Martin Cooper [/size]Looking at a few live streams from today, X doesn't look like it will be open tomorrow. Please prove me wrong Thorpe, as I'd love to see what has changed with the ride![/size]

THORPE PARK Official [/size]Hi Martin, we are working hard to get X ready for opening later in Spring - watch this space as we will bring you all the news of the changes soon [/size]

Do you guys think X will be ready for 17th April? I really wanna ride it!

I think X will be changed quite a lot now we have heard this update, for all we know, they might even be puttin a different theme inside! Thorpe need to update their facebook page though because it is still called X no way out :mellow:

Do you guys think X will be ready for 17th April? I really wanna ride it!

I think X will be changed quite a lot now we have heard this update, for all we know, they might even be puttin a different theme inside! Thorpe need to update their facebook page though because it is still called X no way out :mellow:

Well the way it was put that 'watch this space as we will bring you all the news of the changes soon' It just makes you think it's alot more than just a general refurb/tlc, possibly reiterating the theme... this has got to be something worth while they can advertise, like the swarm backwards! and well as easter is the end of this month and they said later in spring; that leaves up to may really, so if anything can see it being opened may bank holiday weekend beginning of may sometime, or possibly before at the end of april... who knows!

It just makes you think it's alot more than just a general refurb/tlc, possibly reiterating the theme... this has got to be something worth while they can advertise, like the swarm backwards!

Don't get too excited. I think it is much more likely that something they are waiting for hasn't turned up, not that they are still working on it.

The entrance is looking smart with just the X above it - just a shame Storm Surge obstructs its view as you come down the ramp towards it.

Looks a bit bland to me, it used to have an X on top and the logo 'x no way out' underneath, but now it just has X followed by X which makes the front display area for the rides name look really bare...

If I were them I would get rid of storm surge and have X on the front followed by 'the ride which takes no prisioners' of whatever their new slogan is!

I actually witnessed a brief case of no way out back in 2009. I was queing inside when a cheeky lad decided to queue jump. A guy about 3 places ahead of us didn't like this, squared upto him, and the queue jumper was set upon by several guys. Eventually, it escalated and the fight somehow moved back through the queue, before the queue jumper was cornered by these guys, near a fire exit. Somehow my mate who was queing nearby managed to pull it apart and pin the original guy (who didn't like the jumper) up against the wall - single-handed. :) The fire exit door then flung open, and security from outside removed the queue jumper. Job done. Unfortunately the guy who squared upto the queue jumper remained in the queue and got his ride, much to the disappointment of many who believe he should've been thrown out for his actions.

The security guard who attended was the guy with a turban - anyone remember him? He doesn't work there anymore. I don't know his name but he didn't take anything lying down, as on the way out of the ride my mate and I spoke to him about the fight, and his response was "Nobody comes into my park and ****s about!"

Rumours are rumours, but here's one anyway: http://www.themeparktourist.com/news/20130310/12725/rumour-x-roller-coaster-receive-ministry-sound-re-theme-thorpe-park

A source at Thorpe Park has stated that X's trains will run in a forwards direction for the 2013 season, with the ride having previously been billed as "the world's only backwards roller coaster in the dark". If the rumour proves accurate, it will also receive a new Ministry of Sound theme, adding lights and music to tie in with the Ministry of Sound Club Nights that will be hosted at the park throughout the season.

Thorpe Park is yet to confirm the Ministry of Sound makeover for X, but is likely to make an announcement in the next few weeks.

Intrigued to see how this pans out!

I'd have thought if it were to be sponsored by MoS, they'd make some mention to it on the park map? Would make sense as it is something good to shout about really.

Could still happen, and it would work out well I think, but I'd be a bit surprised they're not pushing on the map. :P

Forward seats I think is a given with the announced height reduction. No sponsorship mention on the printed map or permanent signage in the done = its not happening.

I never saw this mos 'rumour' from any reputable source (unlike the seat spinning on x and swarm).

Quote from Thorpe's Facebook:

"Are you ready to ride on a wave of light and sound as you experience the evolution of X:\ No Way Out?

X has been renamed and is heading in a new direction in 2013 as it challenges adrenaline seekers to face a rollercoaster experience like no other at THORPE PARK. Thrill your senses with a race through light and sound that will plunge you into a mix of intense colour and music.

Redesigned and reprogrammed around light and sound, the X trains will now speed forwards into tunnels of changing coloured light. And with a new coaster experience, new fans can enjoy the ride when, for the first time, thrill seekers in the making will be able to face the challenge of X."