X

Garyy

I went to Thorpe Park yesterday with a group of friends who had never been on x no way out so we went on X and they couldn't stop saying how good it was and we ended up going on it 10 times. I have been on X no way out and IMO X is a lot better, the only thing I wish that didn't change was the name because I think that X no way out was a good name for a ride like this and X IMO doesn't sound as good.

Which is quite right of them, I'm glad they've played it this way. Just let it be there, no fuss or shouting about it. They could have promoted is as the new big shiny turd and disappointed everyone when it turned out to be the old turd polished a little bit, but they didn't. And now people will discover it for themselves and be pleasantly surprised instead.

So many people on youtube are saying how X is completely ruined. I have not ridden it yet so I cannot make my judgement but I kind of agree with the people on youtube- although there were reasons for X to be upgraded, the original concept is ruined. The concept is that it is 'worlds first backwards coaster in the dark' and now this has been taken away. Even though the new X is better, I feel X has completely lost its concept.

I went to Thorpe Park yesterday with a group of friends who had never been on x no way out so we went on X and they couldn't stop saying how good it was and we ended up going on it 10 times. I have been on X no way out and IMO X is a lot better, the only thing I wish that didn't change was the name because I think that X no way out was a good name for a ride like this and X IMO doesn't sound as good.

X no way out is a rubbish name for the new X. Even though X is a bad name they can't call it 'X no way out' when it resembles nothing to do with it being no way out. I think the new name is better but thorpe should really adopt a new name for the pyramid.

I bet around half of the people who say it is "ruined" never even liked the original X:No way Out in the first place.

Just seems to be the way this country works. Always something to complain about.

It's an improvement and that's all that matters- I guess if it had not been improved people would still be complaining. It's just a shame it stops on the block breaks but I guess that has to happen :(

I just think that if they were going to rename a ride they would change it to something that tells you a bit more about the theme. X no way out told made it sound like something that you would be trapped in and that was the theme of the ride but the name X tells you nothing, how are people meant to know that the ride is meant to have a clubbing theme?

Tried it yesterday. You know what, going forwards was surprisingly fun!

For me, not worth more than a 20min queue still, but I was more impressed than I thought it would be. Just need the rest of the trains to arrive quickly, queue was 45-60mins most of the day!

I walked past the queue yesterday several times throughout the day and I never saw the outside queue not full, it's nice to see it's getting some attention from visitors :)

I went on Tuesday and throughout the day, the queue was at 40 minutes. Obviously it is hard to know if the waiting signs are accurate, though the outside queue was full everytime I passed.

I wanted a ride myself but the person I was with couldn't bear the thought of potentially waiting 40 minutes for "X: No Way Out", even when I explained it has been rethemed (changed).

X was open yesterday Morning on 2 trains and closed sometime in the afternoon I don't know if it was a technical fault or if they were installing the other trains? there was no activity around the back of the x building though and I didn't see it back open again.

X has now closed and has signs saying they are continuing the evolution of the experience so I guess it may be down a few more days whilst they add the final touches

The door by the Colossus queue line was opened yesterday, and it absolutely stank of wet paint, I don't know if this means anything else is afoot or not.

I spoke to a staff member outside of Nemesis Inferno and asked why X was closed and if it would open, he told me that they were adding portraits, whatever that means? I know what you mean about the paint, there was lots of wooden boards and crates around, so possibly a good sign.