X

Garyy

The thing is, the GP seem to be behind the old X no way out! Despite you guys loving it, many comments on youtube, facebook and just from friends and conversations I have overheard, the GP seem to hate the new changes. Many people say its getting rid of the whole point of the ride, which it is! I think this ride is better for families but on this occasion I probably have to agree with the GP and say X no way out is ruined now...

The thing is, the GP seem to be behind the old X no way out ... many comments on youtube, facebook and just from friends and conversations I have overheard, the GP seem to hate the new changes. Many people say its getting rid of the whole point of the ride

I have not seen this wave of negativity from the GP. Pretty universal praise from people I know and things I've read. Did the GP ever think there was a 'point' to the ride, surely it was just enthusiast fantasy that there ever was one?

Not to say I think what they have done is perfect (they could have done a lot less to achieve a lot more), but I still think it is a much better ride now.

The problem with listening to the GP is everyone has their own views, so if you listen to people who like thrill rides, they will say this is boring.

Speak to people who want family rides and this may be too intense for them.

If anything it is as good as it is going to get, a big improvement on NWO, and I believe it will be here to stay for a good time yet.

A bonus is it adds variety to the park which can only be a good thing, plus the throughput when on 3+ trains is fairly good.

I had my first ride on X yesterday since the changes this year and despite my love for X:/NWO, I really like the new X. It was fun and it feels a lot more up-to-date now than still trying to flog that old 90's computer-going-mad theme (a bit outdated in 2013).

My only issues revolved around the queue line rather the actual ride itself.

Would it have really cost much more to have put the arrow shaped LED lighting on the ceiling along the whole corridor rather than just half of it and filling the rest with mirrors?

Secondly, one person in the baggage store is not sufficient. Yesterday was a fairly quiet day but we still had to wait 3 or 4 minutes to hand my bag over, the poor lad on his own looked so stressed and rushed trying to do onload and offload with just a 5-10 minute queue so what's it like in summer? Two trains were dispatched empty from the station while we were waiting to hand our bag over too.

On top of this, there was 6 people in the Depth Charge information kiosk doing nothing so if they can afford to pay 6 people to do that, then surely they can afford to pay someone to help with baggage claim?

well that's good then... hope it just ran out and they couldn't be bothered to sort it out straight away (this is so like merlin and does get annoying) instead of not bothering to run it on non peak days (like friday, even though it's fright nights!), as I'm back this friday again as well - not sure why the lazers weren't on though and now suddenly are!

I personally never got to ride the original X: No Way Out, despite many visits to the park, for some reason we just never got around to it. My sister, who got to ride the original X, thinks its a lot better than before, though never really specified why. I've been on it since the changes were made though and thought it was a lot of fun, the music and lights are very immersive and even just walking through the queueline is kind of exciting! The bit that really caught me off guard was how far you had to walk after you got off the ride before you made it to the outside of the pyramid! It felt like it was just one massive, never ending hallway haha :P

• 4 months later...

I went on X the first time last year, after not going Thorpe for a few years, and it instantly become my favourite ride, mostly as its having a rave on a roller coaster, two of my favourite things put together. The music was almost full blast my first time on it including the line. During Fright Nights it was too quitter obvious as Cabin In The Woods was next door. I need the song they play on it.

Is it just me or should there be a lot more lights and louder music on X? Bring back the flashy lift hill lights as they were a good build up to the actual coaster and rings with lights on like Rockin Roller Coaster. And X is now a "family" ride can we see the return on ride photo and new outdoor queue/ loading station area as its in dire of a refurb!