X

Garyy

I went on X last weekend and it is a much better improvement, turning up the music, moving the central lighting column and the different music made all the difference.

I really like the laser as you go up the lift hill, there are nice dark sections and bright sections, so they have done a great job over the closed seat on on X. This is as polished as the turd will get, but I don't think they need to change anything, keep it as it is.

There is no need to pull it down as they have plenty of space for other rides for the next few major investments. Plus this is an indoor ride which is great for rainy days and cold days.

Yes, forgot to mention I like the further improvements since AP day. The laser from behind on the lift hill is great and the side lights seem to be on a cycle that leaves them on less frequently and never static which is much better. They still seem pretty random and it would be good if they could be timed to the ride vehicles instead, but that is probably an unrealistically complex thing to do with what they are working with.

Lasers on lift hills can work really well, but the problem with the one on X is they've chosen to site it at the bottom of the lift. It gets partially blocked by the train/riders. While it's fun to put your arms up into the light, it messes up the light tunnel effect a bit.

I think if they could get it at the top of the lift shining back down then they'd end up with a much better effect. Efteling managed to do it perfectly with Vogel Rok.

Lasers on lift hills can work really well, but the problem with the one on X is they've chosen to site it at the bottom of the lift. It gets partially blocked by the train/riders. While it's fun to put your arms up into the light, it messes up the light tunnel effect a bit.

I think if they could get it at the top of the lift shining back down then they'd end up with a much better effect. Efteling managed to do it perfectly with Vogel Rok.

If it's shining directly at the riders I'm pretty sure the lazers could damage peoples eyes. I think it works well at the bottom, especially when it makes the square tunnel effect!

Consistency was one of the things I aimed for in the update so :good: . The sequence is now triggered by a train leaving the station.

I'm really happy with the response the ride is getting, from on here and on park. Kids do really like it too. For many of them it would have been their 1st time on a rollercoaster. Some of the faces I've seen in the exit queue line have been priceless.

I went on X for the first time after it's retheme on Saturday, and I must admit, despite thinking it'd be even more boring forwards I actually enjoyed it! The music and lights add so much to the ride and it's a great way to hype people up before they even get on it! And with what JTE25 said regarding the kids I couldn't agree more, the train I was on was full of young children and when the rise finished they were all so excited about their first coaster and one even said 'X is so EXtreme!' So this may also help thorpe transistion into a family park nicely, as kids too small to ride the big five will have something a bit more 'hardcore' than Fish to ride.

I went on X for the first time after it's retheme on Saturday, and I must admit, despite thinking it'd be even more boring forwards I actually enjoyed it! The music and lights add so much to the ride and it's a great way to hype people up before they even get on it! And with what JTE25 said regarding the kids I couldn't agree more, the train I was on was full of young children and when the rise finished they were all so excited about their first coaster and one even said 'X is so EXtreme!' So this may also help thorpe transistion into a family park nicely, as kids too small to ride the big five will have something a bit more 'hardcore' than Fish to ride.

I agree with Paige with the re theme more extreme then the flying fish but it is still a good coaster because of the lighting fog and music

I do find it quite ironic though. Now that X has become, I guess their icon family ride really, that they are playing music in there which I would not have around children. I don't know about you guys but Knife Party (or I guess back then it would have been Darude) would not have been on the playlist. Eiffel 65 and such were more the main features ^_^

Went on this ride today, I must admit the new baggage area is something I dont understand as since the ride always has queues the old one was ideal as people were already waiting there, the baggage room itself looks like an unlit cupboard with the collection point being a tiny hole in the wall. Besides that I loved what they've done to the ride, the new lighting layout is fantastic and the laser behind you on the lifthill creates a really good effect. One other point is that there is one track on their playlist that seemed to last about 10 minutes that was just a continuous beat, at first it was good but after a coupla minutes it was just irritating; luckily it changed when I got on!