X

Garyy

X's fire exits may become PART of the dark ride building - like Bubbleworks' fire exits leading into Vampire's exit queue.

The plans show the rides will be two entstorage separate buildings, with their own fire exits and such. There is a small gap between the buildings though, which could be an issue during construction in my opinion.

It's not exclusive audio I made the mix and made it public to download. Do what you like with it http://www.mediafire.com/download/3nmu41806zdkqbb/THORPE+PARK+(X).aif  

No they don't own rights to a playlist or have copyright on my mix.

Oh I see. So you have the permission to upload all of those copyrighted songs onto YouTube.

Oh I see. So you have the permission to upload all of those copyrighted songs onto YouTube.

I haven't uploaded it to youtube. 

TP will most likely put up a temporary fence down the side of the building for the fire exits. If they haven't done anything with them yet I can't think of any other reason for it not to be open this weekend. If there doing anything inside why do it near opening. 

If it is down to fire exits, then either it's a very simple fix to have open during preview weekend, or X will be closed due to construction.

Latter sounds plausible, thorpe hate spending money on things and anything to save on staffing!!!!

X's fire exits may become PART of the dark ride building - like one of Bubbleworks' fire exits leading into Vampire's exit queue.

That's because the Vampire exit queue is the BubbleWorks evac route. The two rides are in the same show building, one on top of the other. But you wouldn't want to evacuate X in a hurry only to find it leads into another building!

'Omg but someone said X was signed off in January?!?!'

It isn't anything to do with the 2016 project, it just isn't ready to open yet. Hence why it wasn't open in February.

Surely it should be ready though four days before official opening?

I'm worried thorpe are going into the main season with 9 rides still undergoing work, not a good move.

I gather maintenance wasn't yet finished on the other three trains then?

What's a shame is how many rides hadn't actually had their full maintenance completed. Even though X, Colossus and loggers leap were open, they all clearly still had trains/cars being worked on resulting in lower capacity and small children not being able to ride (loggers leap).

On top of this, Slammer, Samurai, Rush, Quantum, Tidal Wave and Rumba Rapids are yet to finish maintenance with Saw likely to have a bit of extra work done now after it being down the whole weekend.

I can only say I hope it's all sorted by the main season as there's clearly 10 rides which haven't finished full maintenance yet.

Was a great preview day today though and the attractions which were open were all running superbly.

I gather maintenance wasn't yet finished on the other three trains then?

What's a shame is how many rides hadn't actually had their full maintenance completed. Even though X, Colossus and loggers leap were open, they all clearly still had trains/cars being worked on resulting in lower capacity and small children not being able to ride (loggers leap).

On top of this, Slammer, Samurai, Rush, Quantum, Tidal Wave and Rumba Rapids are yet to finish maintenance with Saw likely to have a bit of extra work done now after it being down the whole weekend.

I can only say I hope it's all sorted by the main season as there's clearly 10 rides which haven't finished full maintenance yet.

Was a great preview day today though and the attractions which were open were all running superbly.

X has 4 trains not 5 (I think x no way out had 5?) only ever runs 3 trains too, '4 makes no difference as it requires a train to allways stop.

I expect it will be back to 3 for main season.

Winter maintenance cant be half completed. Its either done or it isnt. Just because something is on low capacity doesn't mean that the other trains are not done. It could be down to staffing, or maybe that the ride needs to run in a certain mode for a bit to train staff. It sounds like X and Colossus could just be set to manual hence the lack of trains and slow dispatch.

Slammer is one very complex ride filled with problems, if you were expecting that to be completed in the short time it had then you must be very optimistic. Rush is clearly waiting on something could be something from S&S to do with the cables and the cedar point incidents. (Thats not fact thats just some speculation)

Samurai is getting old and something must have come up hence it wasn't operating. Tidal wave is waiting on a pump or something like that as the old one broke.

Quantum and Rumba I have no idea what is wrong with or could even being to say what could be up with them however they will be working on them. They are not exactly the most complex of rides and them being closed isn't going to ruin your day.

I do hope they get these up for the main season. Whilst I understand rides waiting parts can take time, I do expect most of those to be operational by then.

I would usually visit the park early on, but these days don't bother, as I still find it strange so many people expect rides to be down at Thorpe Park. I haven't replaced my AP for the last 3 years for this reason, and I am certainly not paying, and gambling on ride availability so early on.

However yes... X.. It looks very strange seeing it now with the Arena hillside and seating area gone!

Winter maintenance cant be half completed. Its either done or it isnt. Just because something is on low capacity doesn't mean that the other trains are not done. It could be down to staffing, or maybe that the ride needs to run in a certain mode for a bit to train staff. It sounds like X and Colossus could just be set to manual hence the lack of trains and slow dispatch.

I think I prefer you hating thorpe rather than becoming an apologist with no real idea of how things run.

Winter maintenance can easily be half complete. It's complete in that it has 2 trains running and the system has been signed off for guest use, it's not fully complete in that it doesn't have it's optimum amount of trains. Coasters don't run in manual with guests on in Merlin parks (nor do majority of their other rides either).