X

Garyy

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know why X wasn't affected by the restrictions on multi-vehicle rides, or, if it was, how did they put the new measures in place so fast vs. The Chessington rides?

Also can anyone confirm whether or not the block breaks have been reactivated since the smiler incident?

I'm unsure it totally depends on what the changes are going to be: in the past in the event of a shut down was an automatic evac on x, I dunno if this has since changed however other multi block rides have been able to be restarted. This could be why x is unafected but just speculation

Cynical side of me says it's because the ride is in the dark, GP can't see the other car, so no need to make a big deal over it, unlike the other rides which are clearly visible from off ride as multi-car rides.

But that's jus the cynical side of me, I doubt that's the reason lol.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any old videos of the ride when it first opened? According to Wikipedia there was a maze section before the ride that I was hoping to see but YouTube has turned up no results.

It wasn't a maze section really - it was just a longer queue line very similar to the current queue line.  I walked through it once or twice but it wasn't anything special; it had a spinning tunnel but that was about it.  However, back when Fright Nights first started, the queue line extensions was turned into a maze (Freakshow 3D), and since then that space has been used for other mazes too (Hellgate, Passing, Cabin in the Woods).

On a different note, X's music was very quiet today.  Hope it gets sorted soon!

• 2 weeks later...

As of lately, when I have been held on the final brake run before unloading, I have noticed a load of smoke around the floor towards the centre, could just be a smoke machine but it might have some relevance to the ride itself as the brakes of the block before that seem to be really sharp and quite squeaky at times, and seem as if they will need to be replaced soon as it makes that area considerably rougher then the rest of the ride, but this is merlin were talking about so unless it becomes properly dangerous nothing will be done...

As of lately, when I have been held on the final brake run before unloading, I have noticed a load of smoke around the floor towards the centre, could just be a smoke machine but it might have some relevance to the ride itself as the brakes of the block before that seem to be really sharp and quite squeaky at times, and seem as if they will need to be replaced soon as it makes that area considerably rougher then the rest of the ride, but this is merlin were talking about so unless it becomes properly dangerous nothing will be done...

They are sharp because they were replaced over closed season.

• 2 weeks later...