X

Garyy

I had never seen X on reduced capacity before this season, but this season it seems to be on reduced capacity than it is on full  :lol:

I think apart from Nemesis Inferno and Saw, all the rollercoasters have been operating reduced capacity more times than operating full capacity so far this season.

Every time I've visited the park this season Colossus, Stealth and The Swarm have all been operating 1 train only. I've only once visited the park when X has been operating 3 trains and all other times it's only been operating 2.

I hate to moan about these things as I know rides are so technically advanced however to have such a bad ride reliability and operations record throughout a season is truly awful. So many parks across the world are able to open their rides and operate full capacity to minimise queue times yet Thorpe Park always struggle to open all their rides let alone operate them on maximum capacity.

• 3 weeks later...

This could make sense and one way to use the X pyramid if they ever did get rid of he ride in the next year or 2 host ministry of sound nights in there and turn it into a proper rave pyramid just a little thing I've thought up DO NOT SHOOT ME DOWN. (Mods might get abit antsy)

I'll do it for them....

They'd have to be insane to leave x just for ministry of nights with nothing in there!! Was bad enough that the arena was hardly ever used but this would be a total waste of space!

This could make sense and one way to use the X pyramid if they ever did get rid of he ride in the next year or 2 host ministry of sound nights in there and turn it into a proper rave pyramid just a little thing I've thought up

So you think that removing a popular family coaster and leaving the pyramid sitting there SBNO for occasional use is a good idea?  They already have the Dome where they do special events.

There were rumours towards the end of last season that X would be closed down, and the space turned into an events arena. It would have held not only MOS, but plenty of other events (indeed, such a space would have been ideal for Island Beats). However, the idea didn't go through (obviously) and fingers crossed that it remains for a while yet.

I'm sure this was actually mentioned on the forums previously.

See from what I've heard they want to work more on X. They were waiting to see how it would pick up as a now family suitable coaster and the park have seen that it does well with kids and adults so are actually looking at pushing it more and improving upon it. On ride photo is still a possibility with rumours still circulating about it getting that from what I've heard. I don't think X is going anywhere.

Considering Thorpe have re-marked their selves and are going back into the direction of family, spent all that money in turning the trains to go forward, I can't logically seeing it going anytime soon.

This I think is the most important thing.  

Thorpe want to be a family park, but also want to still have some focus on the thrills.  So they need a proper coaster which families can do.  Okay, X really isn't the best example of a family / junior coaster, but it's still going to be the first 'proper' (non-powered) coaster many kids will do once they're tall enough.  So in that sense, X really has a place in the park at the moment.  Thorpe would be mad to get rid of something like without putting in a suitable replacement, even if it was for shows and events.

Thorpe would be mad to get rid of something like without putting in a suitable replacement, even if it was for shows and events.

Plus have you guys seen the state of the floor and walls inside the ride area... any time a TL comes out of there after an evac they are covered in mystery grey*... no amount of cleaning would ever make that place safe for prolonged exposure. I'm talking literal inches of it.

*Mystery grey- a mixture of 19 years of dust, vomit, grease and most other liquids you would expect at a theme park.