X

Garyy

Went today. Queue music was a bit louder but still only 2 trains. The attendant said he wasn't totally sure but thinks it will always only use two because of the 2 people per row rule. He said if they can't find a single person and it uses 3 a train could be sitting in the brakes for too long as sometimes it takes several mins to fill up. 

• 5 weeks later...

I think there's obviously something pretty major up here.

Seeing as it's not ready, there must be a part or component that's broken. And because it's broken means it cannot work. And because it cannot work, it cannot be used.

Somethings are too complicated these days. 

32 minutes ago, ThorpeAddict said:

Pretty sure X has 4 trains anyway? 

Surely it must be something to do with the ride system not being able to run 3 trains for some reason, they would surely have a 3rd train ready by now.

It does indeed, it ran 4 (or was it 5?) when it was X:/ No Way Out however since the stops were removed the maximum has been 3 - presumably due to it taking less time to go round the circuit.

2 trains can't be getting much more than 400pph which really isn't ideal.

10 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

It does indeed, it ran 4 (or was it 5?) when it was X:/ No Way Out however since the stops were removed the maximum has been 3 - presumably due to it taking less time to go round the circuit.

2 trains can't be getting much more than 400pph which really isn't ideal.

Yup think it ran 5 back in the day, and it has 4 now but only ever seen them use 3 at once. 

Lol it hardly even gets 400 on 3 trains, with the new procedures like checking the bars twice and 2 people per row the throughput really isn't great.

There are 4 trains on x as it is currently, but think only 3 have ever been used since trains have passed through brake runs. All season trains 1 and 4 have been in use on my visits. I know staff are not always 100% reliable but one host said he wasn't totally sure but thinks it will always only use two from now because of the 2 people per row rule. He said if they can't find a single person and it uses 3 trains one could be sitting in the brakes for too long as sometimes it takes several mins or longer to fill up if a single person cannot be found. But really who knows. Does anyone even know if train 2 and 3 are on site?

10 hours ago, Mattgwise said:

There are 4 trains on x as it is currently, but think only 3 have ever been used since trains have passed through brake runs. All season trains 1 and 4 have been in use on my visits. I know staff are not always 100% reliable but one host said he wasn't totally sure but thinks it will always only use two from now because of the 2 people per row rule. He said if they can't find a single person and it uses 3 trains one could be sitting in the brakes for too long as sometimes it takes several mins or longer to fill up if a single person cannot be found. But really who knows. Does anyone even know if train 2 and 3 are on site?

I have seen a third train sitting there, but unsure if they still have 4. I'd assume they would still have all 4 as they are fairly new trains anyway.

I thought it was to prevent any possibility of stacking outside the station; since The Smiler incident people have been nervy of sitting stationary on the tracks and do stupid things like getting out expecting the next train to come smashing into the back of them. Because destroying the throughput is better than putting up some signs or making announcements.

I may be wrong though and it's something else.

The stacking in the break run reasoning is, if true, a very poor excuse for reducing the throughput IMO as there are other less drastic measures that could be installed such as a sign - actually, I'm sure there is a new sign there saying "PLEASE REMAIN SEATED"?

X is one of two coasters at the park accessible to people under 1.4 which means it's popular with families, they should be aiming for the highest throughput possible rather than cutting back on capacity.

1 minute ago, Coaster Jamie said:

The stacking in the break run reasoning is, if true, a very poor excuse for reducing the throughput IMO as there are other less drastic measures that could be installed such as a sign - actually, I'm sure there is a new sign there saying "PLEASE REMAIN SEATED"?

X is one of two coasters at the park accessible to people under 1.4 which means it's popular with families, they should be aiming for the highest throughput possible rather than cutting back on capacity.

The problem is, theme park guests don't read signs.

They could solve all the issues very easily with a SRQ, at least in theory, though finding somewhere to put it could be problematic.  It would probably have to share the exit with the disabled queue or alternatively merge with the main queue at the entrance to the building, neither of which is ideal.  It could hardly be worse than the current situation though, with the ride seemingly running at around 1/2 of it's intended capacity.

11 hours ago, Coaster Jamie said:

Truly spoken by someone who's never worked at a park...

The only constant in life is that people are stupid and companies need to cover themselves... Which is why coffee cups have "CAUTION - HOT" plastered over them now...

The amount of stuff implemented by parks for "poor excuses" are usually for a good reason... Might look and sound stupid (Peeking only loading 6 pods because it'll rotate forever is a great example) but there is usually a valid reason behind it...

14 hours ago, Coaster Jamie said:

They don't tend to reduce throughput just for the fun of it, there's normally a logical and valid reason that rules are implemented.

• 2 weeks later...

The music in the pyramid is much better now (although it's not the same as it was in 2013) and it can be heard quite loud throughout the ride. I can tell it's all coming from one side of the building though, would make it perfect if they added the same volume speakers on all sides of the pyramid but I doubt that'll happen :P

• 3 weeks later...