X

Garyy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, ThorpeAddict said:

Never even knew X had a queue like that! Anyone know when that was removed and why? 

Parts of the original queueline were repurposed for Fright Nights (Freakshow 3D, which later became Hellgate, and now Cabin in the Woods).  The spinning tunnel you see in the video is the same one that is now the "static" tunnel in CITW. :)

43 minutes ago, ThorpeAddict said:

I thought that while watching it, theres no way that would fit in the current queue line. Just knew nothing about it :lol:

Maybe, there's no way out they could fit it even :lol:

in seriousness, it's interesting to see what was then a highly influential ride at the park, which is now basically Liquid-The Ride.

Fire saftey and number of staff needed to evac the building meant the ride could originally queue indoors, other time the staff levels were cut back to the point D started to be run with bag room, onload and operator. X used to have lift operators, offload (now back in use), photo unit ect which meant more people were able to support clearing the ride/ building

I think you have your answer with your last point - it has a lot more to do with building regs than anything else.

A properly designed modern building can safety hold a lot more people than a 30 year old one which is made of wood partitioning with few fire doors and many obstructions, some caused by the internal fire doors themselves! 

X is safe as it is, but to safely hold more people an amount of work would need to be done which is not economicly viable. 

1 hour ago, planenut said:

I was discussing with other members today, that I first attended Thorpe Park when X No Way Out opened, with my children - my goodness, that was twenty years ago, and my kids are older than I am now.

Ahhh 1996 - the year I left school :wacko: I remember winning 4 free tickets to the park that year and no bugger wanted to go with me!  I never got to ride X:\NWO until a few years later and only went on the damn thing once - how I didn't vomit was a miracle :bad: My sister was sat in front of me so it would have gone all over her :lol:

47 minutes ago, Han30 said:

Ahhh 1996 - the year I left school :wacko: I remember winning 4 free tickets to the park that year and no bugger wanted to go with me!  I never got to ride X:\NWO until a few years later and only went on the damn thing once - how I didn't vomit was a miracle :bad: My sister was sat in front of me so it would have gone all over her :lol:

Wow, the things we reveal.