X

Garyy

• 3 weeks later...

For those who are avoiding my review of the new thing, I had some musings about X, which I'll share here too...

I can't help but wonder what Thorpe could have done with X if they had the budget TWD had.  Or even half the budget.  They really could have created an attraction where you rode "on a wave of light (and sound)", went through tunnels of light, etc.  I imagine that having the trains 'chase' lit up track, with lasers and smoke effects around, along with an extended original soundtrack would have been more than possible, along with some fun lighting effects in the entrance and exit walkways.  I reckon I'd have loved that, as would a large majority of people.

I know it's not as easy to market, and Thorpe's research shows there isn't the demand for a family coaster with a disco rave theme.  But with the money spent, they really could have created something truly original and fun, and turned X into the pyramid-shaped gem of Thorpe Park.

Honestly I think XNWO's refurb into X was just fine.

Some extra budget and special effects could of been nice I guess, but in the long-term would they be maintained or functional down the line? 

I honestly think a couple of colorful lights and some loud music was enough- the theme was loose, but it worked.

As I said in WD thread, X with the budget of what WD had, it could have been a great original IP with some pretty epic lighting and sound thought the attraction. It's a shame the park has to be so invested in WD. Before WD, it was a pretty busy ride and had a queue all the time. With 500k, so many awesome things would have been done in the ride area too. Shame. 

The eXpo:/2018 event was good, enjoyed the talk from Memories of Thorpe Park and the old ride train, signage and information were nice to see!

40408863945_39c0363017_b.jpg

40591075914_8e480ba165_b.jpg

40591077094_0595ae3e58_b.jpg

40591077984_956dbef84a_b.jpg

40408843355_d087841580_b.jpg

40408844165_efe8bb3c36_b.jpg

40591075484_e9d050c0a8_b.jpg

It's nice when a park puts in the effort to say farewell to a popular past attraction - not that I'm looking at any other parks in particular.

Yes, both talks were fantastic and really insightful.  It's fantastic to see the park trying these sorts of things, and I really hope they do something similar in the future.

The fact it was a lot busier than they ever anticipated (and there was a long queue all the way round the marquee to get in!) clearly shows there's demand for this.

• 2 weeks later...

Regretibly never made the talk, but from what I’ve heard and seen looks like it sounded like it was a massive success.

Have just watched a video of Phill’s talk and found it excellent. Very informative, polished and featuring some astounding facts. It’s amazing how much of a major project this was for the original owners, from groundwork down to promotional image. 

I never knew the entrance was originally intended to be located at the back and the fact there was very briefly a retail shop as well. 

Fingers crossed we can see more events in the future from both parties.

Unless it’s already been posted, here’s a video of Phill’s amazing talk on the history of Project X.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This song for whatever reason has been stuck in my head for a while now, the only problem is I only know a certain part of it, which a few people seem to recognise but cannot remember who sings it or what the song is called.

It goes like

'Do do do do, do do do, do do do do do

do do do do, do do do, do do do do do

do do do do, do do do, do do do do do

do do do do, do do do do, do do do do do, do do do, do do do, do do do do do

I know it'll be hard to try and guess it from that, so if need be I can record an audio clip as it'll sound familiar to some.

I used to hear it from what I can remember in both the queue line and when on the ride itself (back when it was just club based music playing during the ride while going forwards)

Any help here is going to be greatly appreciated!