Croc Drop

7 minutes ago, Matt Creek said:

Chessington announcing the return of Terror Tomb? It’ll be just like the Michael Bay transformer movies, only ten times more underwhelming!

In all fairness I can’t see this happening, especially with two other new attractions and it’s (partial) re-working for this year. 

@Matt Creek do you think that Forbidden Tomb will only return in name but be the exact same as Tomb Blaster? 

1 hour ago, Theme Park Fanatic said:

@Matt Creek do you think that Forbidden Tomb will only return in name but be the exact same as Tomb Blaster? 

I think everything will be exactly the same as it was in 2021, except for general maintenance and appropriate safety/covid measures whatever the cases are.

I just don’t know why the park would spend even more money on it given the changes done this year, the new 2021 attractions and the ‘square’ fundings the park would receive from Merlin per season. 

I’m not sure what sources suggest a Terror/Forbidden Tomb retheme/restoration, but I just can’t see it! Could be proven wrong though.

I'm pretty surprised chessington is getting anything other than the drop tower at all for 2021 considering what's happened this year. Blue Barnacle, Croc Drop and now a Tomb Blaster revamp all coming at once!

Gonna be a ridiculously busy off season for them, I'm expecting at least one of these to not be ready for opening day and that's understandable.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves; nothing has been announced regarding a Tomb Blaster re-style into Forbidden Tomb for 2021 by the park.

If it does happen, it will probably be as cheaply done as this year's, ahem, "upgrade", and not really be an improvement. I imagine they'd probably just turn off the targets and remove the guns, rather than actually remove the targets (see the start of the ride...).

I used to like it when enthusiasts who worked in the industry kept quiet about (any potential) future plans, and didn't leak stuff, rather then tell people on the internet so their e-penises can match the size of their egos. 

4 hours ago, JoshC. said:

I used to like it when enthusiasts who worked in the industry kept quiet about (any potential) future plans, and didn't leak stuff, rather then tell people on the internet so their e-penises can match the size of their egos. 

Yeah, it's unprofessional and sucks the fun out of the real reveal. Especially they just  big up something so minor to get a reaction, we all know Forbidden Tomb is not really "returning".

11 hours ago, SteveJ said:

Yeah, it's unprofessional and sucks the fun out of the real reveal. Especially they just  big up something so minor to get a reaction, we all know Forbidden Tomb is not really "returning".

@SteveJ your optimism regarding the return of Forbidden Tomb,may enlarge once you have read this. This is the email I was sent by Theme Park Giraffe regarding the return of Forbidden Tomb. I’ve heard the the ‘Forbidden Tomb’ name may be returning through Nick Hutson on a future episode on the podcast. I am unsure on the manufacturer of the Blue Barnacle but I do know it will be the same size as it’s using it’s original planning application as Black Buccaneer. As for the rest of the projects for 2021, who knows? I will give you a shoutout in the description of my next video!

@SteveJ I hope this post finds you well??

Kind regards Theme Park Fanatic

I would love for Chessington to remove Nick Hutson's awful voice and script (I would say get some real voice talent in with a better script, but really it doesnt need any 'narration' at all)

Relight it properly, like an adventure through an Egyptian tomb, not this tacky scare maze look grabbing your attention (I mean it's better than the 2016 UV, how can you get this ride wrong so many times!)

Put back the 2002 Tomb Blaster theme which was much more memorable, at least on the outside and finale.

But above all, maybe stop rehashing the memory of a great ride to excuse the current mess? It's long time for something new!

7 hours ago, SteveJ said:

I would love for Chessington to remove Nick Hutson's awful voice and script (I would say get some real voice talent in with a better script, but really it doesnt need any 'narration' at all)

Relight it properly, like an adventure through an Egyptian tomb, not this tacky scare maze look grabbing your attention (I mean it's better than the 2016 UV, how can you get this ride wrong so many times!)

Put back the 2002 Tomb Blaster theme which was much more memorable, at least on the outside and finale.

But above all, maybe stop rehashing the memory of a great ride to excuse the current mess? It's long time for something new!

@SteveJ are you excited about the possibility seeing the heavily themed Forbidden Tomb uncovered for the first time in almost 2 decades next year?

11 hours ago, RobF said:

I cant help but think this us a mistake for the park..... ok drop tower but a higher capacity one . 

Anyone remember when Thorpe wanted to add another Detonator???

Its miles better than Black Mirror though. Also Chessington don't really get much in terms of gate figures anyway. IMO I would much rather this than what replaced Ripsaw..

Hello fellow forum members!,I hope your belief  regarding the return of Forbidden Tomb thickens once you have read this. I was sent this email  by Theme Park Giraffe regarding the return of Forbidden Tomb. Keep in mind that Theme Park Giraffe herd about the return of Forbidden Tomb from the horses mouth. The email goes like this

Start of quote “I’ve heard the the ‘Forbidden Tomb’ name may be returning through Nick Hutson on a future episode on the podcast” end of quote.

Can you all please trust that Nick Hudson is telling the truth. Chessington is digging itself out of the deep pit that Tussaud’s lead it into. I have faith that when Chessington’s season starts in March Forbidden Tomb’s jewel thief Abdab may have returned or a least the richly themed Disneyesqe Forbidden Tomb will be uncovered!!

Chessie are digging itself out of the pit Tussauds lead it down by... Bringing back a ride Tussauds built.

Again, trying to appeal to some sense of nostalgia to a ride to gain some clout in enthusiast circles. A "pet project" that will essentially result in said person's involvement making it all about themselves as opposed to anything good. 

8 minutes ago, Theme Park Fanatic said:

@Ringo maybe Chessington want to surprise the public to lift their spirits after the Coronavirus Pandemic that has ruined the past year.

That’s not how Merlin work, the refurbishment would be promoted everywhere Merlin in order to sell Annual passes, hotel stays etc

Plus with this going to rival Disney theming there’s absolutely no way Merlin would keep quiet...

2021 - year of the classics! Forbidden Tomb, wicked Witches Haunt and best of all Toyland Tours is coming back. It was why they played Toyland tours audio in Towers Street Trading this year! It was a teaser! 

All jokes aside maybe just maybe the name 'forbidden Tomb' will be reused with its current new 2020 storyline. It would still work as a name. 

This has nothing to do with its old ride. It was only renamed Forbidden Tomb in its final year under its previous form so the name doesn't have much 'old' meaning. If it was a return to the old I'm sure it would use Terror Tomb in name. 

14 hours ago, Benin said:

Again, trying to appeal to some sense of nostalgia to a ride to gain some clout in enthusiast circles. A "pet project" that will essentially result in said person's involvement making it all about themselves as opposed to anything good. 

As someone who absolutely loved the original attraction, I couldnt agree more with this sentence. I would much prefer to see it removed and a great new ride just as good as Terror Tomb was, than yet another horrid nostalgia/fanboy rehash of a once good ride

On 11/30/2020 at 12:48 AM, Theme Park Fanatic said:

Hello fellow forum members!,I hope your belief  regarding the return of Forbidden Tomb thickens once you have read this. I was sent this email  by Theme Park Giraffe regarding the return of Forbidden Tomb. Keep in mind that Theme Park Giraffe herd about the return of Forbidden Tomb from the horses mouth. The email goes like this

Start of quote “I’ve heard the the ‘Forbidden Tomb’ name may be returning through Nick Hutson on a future episode on the podcast” end of quote.

Can you all please trust that Nick Hudson is telling the truth. Chessington is digging itself out of the deep pit that Tussaud’s lead it into. I have faith that when Chessington’s season starts in March Forbidden Tomb’s jewel thief Abdab may have returned or a least the richly themed Disneyesqe Forbidden Tomb will be uncovered!!

This fails to make my belief thick.

The "I heard from some guy who knows another guy whose dog walker is husband of someone who overheard someone from Merlin say that this was happening" school of rumours isn't exactly overwhelmingly belief thickening.