Rainforest Area

Chessington have submitted plans for a small log flume, taking place partially on Toadies site. Toadies will receive a slight rerouting and become shorter as a result. Both rides will receive a jungle sort of theme.

https://www.southparks.co.uk/2019/10/08/chessington-world-of-adventures-resort-plans-new-mini-log-flume-and-re-theme-of-toadies-crazy-cars/

The log flume appears to be the same one that was at Weymouth Sealife. There had previously been rumours it would go to Chessington and be placed where Creepy Caves was, though that was like 2-3 years ago.

Quite like the idea. A small log flume for young kids who can't do Tiger Rock is much needed in my opinion. However, it's another low capacity ride targeted for the younger side of the family market - not my first choice of attraction for Chessington.

Still, good to see investment, and hopefully the theming is quirky too.

The boats supposedly fit three but looking at videos they really only seem to fit one adult and child any bigger than a 5 year old. The ride time is also around 2:30. This is going to be seriously low capacity at around 300 per hour. What with fastrack and RAP I can see this having a very long queue time! It will make rattlesnake seem high capacity

However, like has been said, it is good to actually see something put in, even if it is second hand! 

6 minutes ago, StevenVig said:

That will never happen at Chessington, lets be realistic here

Is the drop tower not a real investment. Looks heavily themed to me and perfect for Chessington bar capacity issues.

Just because Chessington isn't getting an RMC anytime soon doesn't mean that they  arn't going for a REAL investment.

No one mentioned RMC, especially when a Mack Big Dipper would be a much more suitable choice for Chessie given a lack of space and everything else...

Or a Lech Coaster could be an option? Or maybe if they want another water ride get a Rapids or Supersplash? 

Plenty of options that would suit the park more than 2nd hand log flume (drop tower is a fair enough addition/replacement for Rameses)...

1 hour ago, Glitch said:

Is the drop tower not a real investment. Looks heavily themed to me and perfect for Chessington bar capacity issues.

Just because Chessington isn't getting an RMC anytime soon doesn't mean that they  arn't going for a REAL investment.

I stand corrected, but I still believe it will be a half arsed job, it's Merlin.

The park needs a large investment, and not a refurbishment of a current ride or a second hand ride from a Sea Life

6 hours ago, StevenVig said:

I stand corrected, but I still believe it will be a half arsed job, it's Merlin.

The park needs a large investment, and not a refurbishment of a current ride or a second hand ride from a Sea Life

Whilst, it would be great for them to have a real investment, I think it's fair to say that of all the Merlin parks, Chessington is looking the most complete package and fresh currently, even if that has just meant retheming rides and areas. I think that the addition of a new attraction together with the Sealife ride will be a great addition, just not quite sure how the drop tower crocodile theme will really fit with the current area as of yet.

8 hours ago, Glitch said:

It's been suggested the drop tower will be another second hand ride, if so, no, not really a proper investment. Bears a striking resemblence to Detonator. I guess we'll find out.

Who else think that the Miss Hippos Fungle Safari Jeeps will be relocated to Chessington and attached to the Toadies Crazy Cars track, in a deal that sees Ramasis Revenge relocated to Thorpe Park. For the 2020. I personally think this exchange will take place as if you remember back in 2005 a similar acorance with Eclipse (Peeking Hights) relocating from Thorpe Park and Samurai going to Thorpe Park. Please reply with your opinions on my theory.

4 hours ago, Theme Park Fanatic said:

Who else think that the Miss Hippos Fungle Safari Jeeps will be relocated to Chessington and attached to the Toadies Crazy Cars track, in a deal that sees Ramasis Revenge relocated to Thorpe Park. For the 2020. I personally think this exchange will take place as if you remember back in 2005 a similar acorance with Eclipse (Peeking Hights) relocating from Thorpe Park and Samurai going to Thorpe Park. Please reply with your opinions on my theory.

This was supposed to be top secret!

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have an update regarding the relocation of Weymouth Sea Life Centres mini log flume,and the rerouting and retheme of toadies crazy cars? I wouldn't be surprised if the new safari attraction means the relocation of Miss Hippos Fungle Safari Jeeps and some of the mentioned rides themeing elements!

Please watch this video to see what the Toadies Crazy Cars rethemed ride could in my opinion look like! 

https://www.google.co.uk/url?q=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DMXROcIJl1as&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjFgNa14O_lAhU1TRUIHfZzArAQtwIwAHoECAYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1R5-xVsNdNV8_mmbFdY2TG

If there's any updates regarding this 2020 project over the 2019\2020 closed season please post them here!

• JoshC. pinned this topic