Thorpe Park 2020

Marc

1 hour ago, Ivsetti said:

Given how the park is cutting back on opening hours for quieter days next year I'd also presume they're going to go back to only being on 1 train/ min train capacity for SAW/TWD:TR on most coasters during the quieter days.

I've also never understood the 10am openings given how most people tend to arrive at the park at 12. I'd rather see the park open at 12 and close later than open really early especially as most people don't live close enough to be able to wake up at a reasonable hour.

They could also use that extra 2 hours to actually clean the park.

What do all those at the shark do til 12 then?

On 12/22/2019 at 2:55 PM, Ivsetti said:

I've also never understood the 10am openings given how most people tend to arrive at the park at 12. I'd rather see the park open at 12 and close later than open really early especially as most people don't live close enough to be able to wake up at a reasonable hour.

Most people don't travel from that far frankly; I reckon at least 90% of people visiting live under a 2hr drive from the park. Leaving at 8am is hardly an unreasonable hour.

The trouble with closing later is a culture thing. British culture very much revolves around 'get in early, get out early' so people can do other things with their evenings. Convincing people to stay at a park later in the UK is difficult and, to date, the only thing that really works is Halloween / firework events. Outside of that, it's tricky to convince people to stay.

On 12/22/2019 at 2:55 PM, Ivsetti said:

They could also use that extra 2 hours to actually clean the park.

Is there a difference between cleaning the park before it's open as opposed to after its closed? Either way you're having to pay for staff to be there for the same amount of time.

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, Martin Doyle said:

NOT an RMC or B&M hyper 

Blimey, we'd be lucky! 

Looks like we're getting some sort of new technology/dark based attraction for this year. Another short term indoor attraction? Clearly with the season opening being a little over a month away, we will see Thorpe ramping up the marketing for this. Keen to see a Jack Silkstone over-analysis video of this image like Matt said 😂

Maybe this could actually be a highly themed immersive attraction if there is a strong IP involved. I'm hoping more Living Nightmare standards of theming than Angry Birds. Realistically it is going to be another couple years of short term investment, but hopefully all will be worth it soon. RMC 2022? Or who knows this could just be another flop of an attraction that we will be talking about being replaced in a years time! Really excited to see what 2020 brings at Thorpe now :D 

23 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Blimey, we'd be lucky! 

Looks like we're getting some sort of new technology/dark based attraction for this year. Another short term indoor attraction? Clearly with the season opening being a little over a month away, we will see Thorpe ramping up the marketing for this. Keen to see a Jack Silkstone over-analysis video of this image like Matt said 😂

Maybe this could actually be a highly themed immersive attraction if there is a strong IP involved. I'm hoping more Living Nightmare standards of theming than Angry Birds. Realistically it is going to be another couple years of short term investment, but hopefully all will be worth it soon. RMC 2022? Or who knows this could just be another flop of an attraction that we will be talking about being replaced in a years time! Really excited to see what 2020 brings at Thorpe now :D 

Who is this person and why does he have so many posts..... ;) 

It will either be some initial teaser that they'll drag out over the course of the season, then bring some rollercoaster foe next year. (Very unlikely)

Or just some insignificant addition that they built too much hype for.

Like it could even be just some celebration for a new decade for thorpe park or some bs like that...

It's possible they just copied and pasted the same text across all the same social media platforms and the capitalized letters mean nothing.

If the letters which are, or are not, in capital letters mean anything, I'm almost certain that we won't be able to figure out what they mean until after an announcement is made. Even then, I doubt they mean anything anyways.