Thorpe Park 2020

Marc

21 hours ago, cw22 said:

Who remembers this image? I agree with this, Galactica was re-themed in 2016, and this image was released I believe in summer 2017, so thorpe potentially had something technological themed in the works at the time seeing what Merlin did with Galactica. That bridge does look like a hyper coaster, and they're still using that blue/tech theme this season. I'm probably over-speculating and over-hyping this all but I'm hoping theres definitely still something bigger in the works.

That image was used to signify 'the road to 2020', since 2020 was meant to be the next big investment. The picture is of the Meydan Bridge in Dubai, and was just generic 'futuristic' because it was looking at the future.

It had no significance for the rides they were considering, or the themes they were considering.

I agree that the Galactica retheme did well for Towers and it might have convinced Merlin to keep that sort of style in mind. With Black Mirror, they've got a solid idea with that tbf

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Since most of the rides/themes at Thorpe are apocalyptic and full of destruction, expect some hasty rethemes for 2021. I got this list straight from Park Pixie so she gonna get in BIG trouble.

Nemesis InFun - No?

The Walking Alive People: The Ride

Pleasant: The Ride

Swoopy Swoopy Fun Woosh

Darren Brown's Empty Rush Hour Train

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2020 at 8:46 PM, MattyMoo said:

Might be worth starting a 2021 thread soon I reckon 👀

How long before Black Mirror becomes new for 2021 I wonder?

Wonder if the IP will have any say in when the attraction can open. If already commissioned they may expect it to be opened when the park reopens.

54 minutes ago, MarkC said:

Wonder if the IP will have any say in when the attraction can open. If already commissioned they may expect it to be opened when the park reopens.

In fairness, I expect that any IP will be understanding of the situation and not expect an attraction to open if it's not safe to do so.

It may means some renegotiations are had when it comes to money and that, but that'd all depend on the fine wording of the contract.

1 hour ago, JoshC. said:

In fairness, I expect that any IP will be understanding of the situation and not expect an attraction to open if it's not safe to do so.

It may means some renegotiations are had when it comes to money and that, but that'd all depend on the fine wording of the contract.

Issue is the attraction wouldn't open as intended, if the attraction has any water / bubble based effects these won't be turned on.