Thorpe Park Withdrawal Symptoms

Duncanc

Anyone else getting withdrawal symptoms or is it just me? It isn't even so much the roller coasters and rides I miss as a whole; but the theme tune as you arrive and walk down the bridge, the iconic themed music to each ride, the scenery around the park, I don't know what it is but I visited a fair amount of times last season, 3 or 4 times over Halloween and loved it each and every time. I need an adrenaline fix asap. #2020.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/24/2019 at 9:52 PM, Duncanc said:

Anyone else getting withdrawal symptoms or is it just me? It isn't even so much the roller coasters and rides I miss as a whole; but the theme tune as you arrive and walk down the bridge, the iconic themed music to each ride, the scenery around the park, I don't know what it is but I visited a fair amount of times last season, 3 or 4 times over Halloween and loved it each and every time. I need an adrenaline fix asap. #2020.

It will be here sooner than you realise though it does seem strange been so close to Thorpe when its closed.

56 minutes ago, StevenVig said:

Just because I've looked in the topic doesn't mean I feel the same......

I was merely joking! Obviously! Worth pointing out though that whilst you think its a sad topic title, some others may not! It's a Thorpe forum, for people who like Thorpe so there will be people who have withdrawal symptoms! 

19 minutes ago, StevenVig said:

Grow up, it's a theme park, not a drug 🙄

I think the term 'grow up' should be looked up, as your initial comment to the whole of this conversation is the only aspect of 'grow up' that needs to be followed.

It's a forum for all age groups, and more so for those with a genuine interest in Thorpe Park as I pointed out already. 

Your comment was insulting to the person who posted in the first place IMO. 

In fairness I did use to miss Thorpe Park quite a bit during winter in previous years (I probably would miss is still had I not worked there over summer).

I think it comes down to the fact that lots of people on here have gone countless times so missing it over winter doesn’t have as much of an effect on them.

I do remember though back in around 2013 when I hadn’t been to a theme park for about 8 months, that was painful (for me at least) 😂

• 3 weeks later...

This is the year I've felt least enthused to go to Thorpe Park, and this year I've missed it the least. Nowadays what keeps me returning is the simple fact it's the biggest park near to me rather than anything else.

Visits to Thorpe since 2015:

2015: 2

2016: 5

2017: 4

2018: 3

2019: 1

The reasons are simple.

1. Thorpe are taking rides away and replacing them with nothing.

2. The only additions are temporary upcharge experiences or rethemes.

What I do miss though are Stealth, Inferno, the Swarm and Walking Dead, which I actually rather like despite the bizarre retheme choice. I look forward to Fright Nights next year also.

1 hour ago, Hethetheth said:

This is the year I've felt least enthused to go to Thorpe Park, and this year I've missed it the least. Nowadays what keeps me returning is the simple fact it's the biggest park near to me rather than anything else.

Visits to Thorpe since 2015:

2015: 2

2016: 5

2017: 4

2018: 3

2019: 1

The reasons are simple.

1. Thorpe are taking rides away and replacing them with nothing.

2. The only additions are temporary upcharge experiences or rethemes.

What I do miss though are Stealth, Inferno, the Swarm and Walking Dead, which I actually rather like despite the bizarre retheme choice. I look forward to Fright Nights next year also.

The same can be said with myself, Thorpe park is fairly close being about an hour 15 minutes away, whereas anywhere else is much further a field; fright nights was a lot better the year just gone, but still not amazing IMO, the walking dead is a great retheme, I feel it gets a lot of unnecessary hate