Just found this on the job listing for ents performers

Our Entertainments Performers will have the opportunity to work across various attractions at Thorpe Park Resort which will include scripted characters, improvisation pieces, simple choreographed movement routines and in-ride surprise and delight performances!

in-ride surprise and delights? Nothing delightful about DBGT:ROTD and The Walking Dead, so could it be something else? 

12 hours ago, StevenVig said:

Just found this on the job listing for ents performers

in-ride surprise and delights? Nothing delightful about DBGT:ROTD and The Walking Dead, so could it be something else? 

It's a nice thought, but I reckon you're reading too much into it and it's just how they've decided to word it.

On 1/14/2020 at 11:53 AM, MattyMoo said:

Don't know about you guys but I love all my Deno clothes, bloody good lad he is. One of the huge success stories of 2019.

EDIT: Just been on boohooMan x Deno page and they don't have any stock left, bad times.... ahem

https://www.boohooman.com/mens/collections/boohooman-deno

Personally the Eddie Hall collection was a much better fit for me.

I mean I guess its not a surprise that a strongman can't fit on many rides, even a retired and slimmed down one lol.

Just the sort of publicity the park needs though. When is boohooman x Derren Brown coming out.

Confused what this is all about. The YouTube video is just advertising the existing installation at Thorpe which has been there for a while is it not? Its just a old content probably from when they installed it. I have spent many hours in the summer watching NOW TV adverts and the occasional movie trailer in Nemesis. 

These aren't new, just the company has made a new trailer to advertise their product they installed ages ago In the park? ? or am I missing something? 

6 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

Why has Jack Sickstone not covered this?

He has however suggested in his new video, seemingly with no visible evidence from anywhere to back this up, that Living Nightmare won't be returning this year. How.... interesting.

Whats the opposite of 'sick'? Is it 'unsick' or 'desick'?

11 hours ago, 08newmanb said:

Wait, did he just say, Living Nightmare is NOT returning this year? I have some thoughts of a Gravity Falls themed walkthrough attraction. "Gravity Falls: Mystery Shack"

He didn't say it wasn't. He just from nowhere speculates that it won't - and talks for a good few minutes about it. Like @Ivsetti said - it's obvious Mr. Sick has friends high up at Thorpe and it's just "free" advertising for them... so my guess is that he has been told something. 

1 hour ago, MattyMoo said:

He didn't say it wasn't. He just from nowhere speculates that it won't - and talks for a good few minutes about it. Like @Ivsetti said - it's obvious Mr. Sick has friends high up at Thorpe and it's just "free" advertising for them... so my guess is that he has been told something. 

I see him as personally just being brainwashed by MR Brown into predicting these things, although he does seem to have a good knack for it without any construction updates. But as he says its all speculation. 

The video in question...

tl;dr - Jack makes a claim that the license for The Walking Dead mazes may be up soon, leaving the Living Nightmare space empty, and it could be used for a new year-round attraction.

When it comes to smaller IPs, the standard contract length that Thorpe (and Merlin) tend to opt for is 3 years, with an option to extend to a fourth under the same conditions, before they have to renegotiate (for bigger IPs, they tend to go for longer contracts, usually at least 5 years).

This is certainly clear to see with many of Thorpe's smaller IPs:

Lionsgate: My Bloody Valentine 2013-2015 (not extended), Cabin in the Woods 2013-2016 (extended), Blair Witch 2013-2016

I'm a Celebrity: 2015-2018 (extended)

So the mazes for The Walking Dead could definitely be up now (assuming that they're separate to the ride, which I believe they are).

To anyone who follows Jack, it's clear he has good connections with Thorpe, and there's been more than one occasion in the past where his "but idk, I'm just speculating" comments are pretty bang on. So it's by no means out of the question that the park feed him intel, he can then throw it out there, and then the park can create a buzz for small things that will keep interested people, well...interested, for small investments and do zero work in the process.

So in other words, yeah, it's possible the Living Nightmare space may see changes this year.

Question is though: if they decide to remove Living Nightmare for a year-round attraction, how on earth are the park going to cope at Fright Nights with losing another permanent indoor space?

39 minutes ago, Glitch said:

Even then though, where will the tent go? We have Do Or Die's fairly small plot of land, Amity Beach (which was problematic when last used) and not many other viable options to plonk a tent or any temporary structure. I honestly think that Living Nightmare's location will continue to be used for a maze. It has been used for various mazes and has been a maze location since the beginning of the event, Hellgate, The Passing, Cabin, I would be surprised if it wasn't a maze location next year..

I put my money on them using IAC's building for a new maze soon, I honestly think that would be a very wise way to use the plot after Jungle Escape finishes.

I also hope they use Saw Alive's floating structure too, as right now that also is just sitting there.

Temporary tents and containers certainly are great for events like Tulleys where space is a non issue, but at Thorpe they don't have the space to do so, so they have to get creative with any buildings that already exist,

1 hour ago, Glitch said:

Surprised nobody's talking about what was put on their instagram earlier this week and then swiftly taken down.. Seemed to be a teaser for whats to come.

It's obvious why no one's talking about it, it's likely a pile of 💩

Plus if you'd seen it you could have started off the conversation 😁

Aroma Prime, I'm fairly sure, are just a rebrand of Dale Air. Thorpe have used their scents before, particularly for horror mazes (Saw Alive and Cabin in the Woods spring to mind, no doubt others too..although I think a different company was used for Big Top? Anyway I digress...) and maybe for some rides as well (I'd hazard a guess at Ghost Train off the top of my head, but who knows)

The rebrand to Aroma Prime saw them go down a similar route to IMAScore in some ways, in that they're really trying to connect with fans and make themselves seem desirable in their own right. It's not different to what they offered years ago as Dale Air really, but they've just improved their marketing ten-fold and been more forward with parks.

What this is for is anyone's guess. If the park do something new for 2020, maybe they'll be involved.

I wouldn't get hopes up for 'area smells' though. The trouble is that every ride within an area has it's own distinction - there'd be no 'one smell fits all' idea. And artificial smells are such a subtle thing that you can't really give every ride in an area a smell which is similar as it'd all just blend into one. And having smells outside in pathways is much more costly than one might initially think. Doing that for every area (something which the park did consider a few years ago) is just too impractical.