6 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

Aroma Prime, I'm fairly sure, are just a rebrand of Dale Air. Thorpe have used their scents before, particularly for horror mazes (Saw Alive and Cabin in the Woods spring to mind, no doubt others too..although I think a different company was used for Big Top? Anyway I digress...) and maybe for some rides as well (I'd hazard a guess at Ghost Train off the top of my head, but who knows)

The rebrand to Aroma Prime saw them go down a similar route to IMAScore in some ways, in that they're really trying to connect with fans and make themselves seem desirable in their own right. It's not different to what they offered years ago as Dale Air really, but they've just improved their marketing ten-fold and been more forward with parks.

What this is for is anyone's guess. If the park do something new for 2020, maybe they'll be involved.

I wouldn't get hopes up for 'area smells' though. The trouble is that every ride within an area has it's own distinction - there'd be no 'one smell fits all' idea. And artificial smells are such a subtle thing that you can't really give every ride in an area a smell which is similar as it'd all just blend into one. And having smells outside in pathways is much more costly than one might initially think. Doing that for every area (something which the park did consider a few years ago) is just too impractical.

Youre right yes, Dale Air got sold and is now Aroma Prime, theyre all the same products as far as I know.

2 hours ago, JoshC. said:

Aroma Prime, I'm fairly sure, are just a rebrand of Dale Air. Thorpe have used their scents before, particularly for horror mazes (Saw Alive and Cabin in the Woods spring to mind, no doubt others too..although I think a different company was used for Big Top?

Looks like Containment, Creek Freak, Platform 15, and Screamplexx Cinema at least from what is listed on their website (I imagine others existed too but have since been removed)

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.77a23dfa84c3b45d205f7e7bebe70c6d.png

8 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

New interactive blindfolded experience. 5 different Aroma Scents that you have to guess and you get a free pop badge if you correctly smell/identify them all. 

I know you're joking, but I've seen some escape rooms / self-driven story experiences have this exact concept! And it doesn't work, because people respond to and identify different smells in different ways. And a strong concentration of an artificial smell doesn't always smell how it should, especially if it's designed to be filling a room.

Aroma's announcement is clearly just them saying they're working with Thorpe on whatever is happening this year. It'd be no different to a vague announcement from IMASCORE or Scruffy Dog.

My guess is that, once again, it's a small experience which probably only has a short life span, so Thorpe aren't planning on marketing it majorly. But getting companies they're working with to mention it lets those who would dig around online know something is happening.

Arguably it's a lazy tactic. But not as lazy as their current social media competition of 'get enthusiasts to submit their videos to go on the park's website'.

On 1/21/2020 at 12:32 PM, MattyMoo said:

Why has Jack Sickstone not covered this?

He has however suggested in his new video, seemingly with no visible evidence from anywhere to back this up, that Living Nightmare won't be returning this year. How.... interesting.

Quite frankly that maze was always very very average, or even below average given how short it is.

Ive always said this, they should just scrap living nightmare and bring back Asylum/EX10 to the line up along side Creek Freak Massacre and you have one unbelievable fright nights event.

Ez pz, job done...

On 1/25/2020 at 4:33 PM, Mattgwise said:

It's obvious why no one's talking about it, it's likely a pile of 💩

Plus if you'd seen it you could have started off the conversation 😁

My expectations are incredibly low, and I'm shocked that the IP in question is risking it personally, if all is to be believed

Another short term investment for sure, and again shows a ping-ponging in direction - if there is any at all - for the park.  

Well, Jungle Escape has been removed from Thorpe Park's website in the attractions section. So hopefully they will gut it from that building and use it for what its original purpose was.

Put an extreme indoor horror maze in their (hopefully The Asylum or a renamed version like Freezer) to add to the line up with creek freak. Would be incredible to see that again!

7 hours ago, LukeP_8 said:

Well, Jungle Escape has been removed from Thorpe Park's website in the attractions section. So hopefully they will gut it from that building and use it for what its original purpose was.

Put an extreme indoor horror maze in their (hopefully The Asylum or a renamed version like Freezer) to add to the line up with creek freak. Would be incredible to see that again!

It was originally not a horror maze.....🤪

Interesting development.

Jungle Escape was at one point in time meant to be returning this year, and I'm fairly certain that was still the plan quite recently. Obviously things can change though.

If the rumours are true that Thorpe are using the Living Nightmare space for a season-round attraction then they're obviously down an indoor maze location and Jungle Escape makes the most sense as a space to use. So that'd be a positive.

However, if that all happens, it would once again highlight Thorpe's short-term outlook and terrible decision making. Jungle Escape was thought of as a way to continue to make use of the I'm a Celebrity space for years to come, making use of the solid sets they have there, but lasts less than year because they need the space to replace another indoor space they're using for probably an equally short-term investment...

1 minute ago, EpicSmatty said:

What was it originally out of curiosity?

The space was originally set up for shows. It had a small stage and an open area where seats could be placed. The maze space itself was more of a backstage / storage area originally.

Our friends at Memories at Thorpe Park show the type of shows that were put on there. 

Even where The Freezer first opened, the space was still used as a show throughout the 00s. The stage was removed for I'm a Celebrity, but the entrance door for it is roughly in the same place as the stage door! 

14 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

Even where The Freezer first opened, the space was still used as a show throughout the 00s. The stage was removed for I'm a Celebrity, but the entrance door for it is roughly in the same place as the stage door! 

That space at the front where you used to queue and walk into Asylum/studio 13 was used as a show. The rest was a storage space for a year or 2 then they put freezer in there. 

Thats interesting what you say about the Living Nightmare space, I havent heard any of those rumours myself but personally I think thats great if they do remove living nightmare. I think they could do far far better with their own maze design and put it in the Jungle Escape building.

Even better bring back the Freezer.

7 hours ago, LukeP_8 said:

Even better bring back the Freezer.

I loved Asylum though honestly bringing back Freezer/Asylum would honestly be kind of a questionable move IMO. Freezer/Asylum was a very simple maze, literally just mirrors, strobes, and some barbed wire. They could easily incorporate the core elements of the classic maze into a new attraction, look at Creek Freak and Big Top, these mazes took what Asylum did and then built on it. I would much prefer something like Studio 13 to return, simply because it was much more unique and complex than Freezer/Asylum.

5 hours ago, JoshuaA said:

I loved Asylum though honestly bringing back Freezer/Asylum would honestly be kind of a questionable move IMO. Freezer/Asylum was a very simple maze, literally just mirrors, strobes, and some barbed wire. They could easily incorporate the core elements of the classic maze into a new attraction, look at Creek Freak and Big Top, these mazes took what Asylum did and then built on it. I would much prefer something like Studio 13 to return, simply because it was much more unique and complex than Freezer/Asylum.

Simple but effective yes.
Big top was good yes, but lacked the intensity asylum offers. Studio 13 I wasnt much of a fan of personally. The asylum's siren/shreaking sound track added a sense of panic and chaos which the metal and clown music in the other mazes doesnt.

Thats just my honest opinion.
Creek freak is great which is why it should stay along side asylum/freezer. 
If we need 2 new mazes after the contract for do or die and living nightmare runs out, we could have asylum and ex10 back?

Imagine a line up of Creek freak, Asylum and experiment 10. That just gives me goosebumps that and makes me scared already... All heavily intense and different mazes. 

16 minutes ago, Ivsetti said:

Did Jungle Escape really seem like that much money was put in it? Most of it was reused from IAC and I'd presume most of the costs were from staff running it (if not enough tickets were being sold to turn a profit then it's clear why it's not returning).

Whilst most of it was reused props, there was new stuff too of course. But it's not just that, it's the costs of designing it all and the time spent on it which all add up. Plus it did use actors in it too.

16 minutes ago, Ivsetti said:

Also I believe most of the things in major "events"/ "new things" in 2019 were plans put in place under the old divisional director which is obviously different to the current DD whose plans for the park start properly in 2020 (hence changes that seem 'short sighted' when taken out of this context).

Not strictly true. 2019 events were designed in mind of steadying the ship if you will after the old director left. 2019 was never going to be a big budget year anyway, and we may have ended up with something similar even if there wasn't a change in upper management. But the ideas were never 'inherited'; they were there to do *something* whilst giving the option for paving the way for the future (having Jungle Escape return, testing the waters to see if there was demand for a GameFX type event yearly, etc etc).

11 minutes ago, Wicker Matt said:

Finally, something not to complain about. 

I hope it cuts the queues and the app works reliably. 

Well the positive is visitors in theory will no longer have to sit in the car park for the same length of time it takes to sit back and watch Empire strikes back!!

A good move from Thorpe.