Recommend me..

Mark9

Playing along with the game, if you're an American there's a mix if you want to do the quality that Europe has to offer, the uniqueness of some attractions and then some weird European things. I'll try and avoid most hypers given to an American, they'll probably just be seen as 'smaller than our stuff'..

Quality Attractions

Taron, Phantasialand

Taiga, Linnanmaki

Untamed, Walibi Holland

Helix, Liseberg

Nemesis, Alton Towers

Lech Coaster, Legendia

Black Mamba, Phantasialand

Balder, Liseberg

Fluch von Novogrod, Hansa Park

Troy, Toverland

Don't think any of these need any explanation.

More Unique Attractions

Pulsar, Walibi Belgium. One opening in America this year (Covid-pending), but the original and damn good.

Lost Gravity, Walibi Holland. There's another one in Germany, but again, the original and damn good.

Vliegende Hollander (aka Flying Dutchman), Efteling. The perfect coaster to capture Efteling's charm, and everyone needs to experience Efteling's charm.

Van Helsing's Factory, Movie Park Germany. Not the best, but really damn good fun and - for an American - shows that size doesn't matter.

Karnan, Hansa Park. If you know, you know. If you don't, don't look into it.

Arthur, Europa Park. Not totally unique, but not in America, and like with Dutchman at Efteling, it captures Europa Park's charm, which should be experienced.

Juvelen, Djurs Sommerland. Again, not unique, but from what I hear, damn good fun and something different.

Weird European Attractions

K2, Karls-Erlebnis Dorf Elstal. This is just a really fun ride with a weird and wacky dark ride section which shows some of the weird surprises European parks can throw up.

Tranan, Skara Sommarland. World's only S&S Free Fly. Haven't done it, heard it's a bit naff, but looks quirky, and one to add to the list.

Rodelbaan, De Waarbeek. World's oldest steel coaster. If you're an American roller coaster person doing a trip with no limitations, you should chuck it in for the bragging rights if nothing else.

Here's the must dos in my opinion:

Wildfire

Untamed

Zadra

I think the Americans will wanna see how our RMC's compare to theirs. Zadra and Wildfire probably put up a fight with Steel Vengeance too (probably not as good though..)

Taron

Taiga

ISpeed

Maverick is considered a top tier ride over there so people will probably have interest in the other blitz coasters

Black Mamba

Nemesis

Oziris

Well themed inverts with good interaction with the terrain/tunnels. I think these inverts are really something different from the ones in the US (bar Montu)

Smiler

Karnan

Fluch Von Novgorod

Proof that Gerstlauer are actually good (well, just don't ask Six Flags that..)

Expedition Geforce

Shambhala

Helix

Piraten

Lech Coaster

Balder

Colossus (Heide Park)

Just good rides

All of the coasters at Europa Park/EP in general

Not the best coaster collection or the best coasters, but the theming and atmosphere is something that has to be experienced. Especially Arthur, that thing slaps.

If Baco got better restraints maybe it would be on here, or if Red Force didn't have a shaky a*** launch, whats with Portaventura and rough intamins? 

Also didn't want to put Stealth or Wickerman on here as both are kinda nothing too special when compared to their american counterparts. 

Here goes:

1/ Taron (obviously)- for it’s layout and impressive scenery

2/ Black Mamba- remarkable surroundings and superb layout 

3/ Helix- immense terrain and layout 

4/ Balder- Ejector machine 

5/ Baron 1898- quality immersive attraction 

6/ De Vlieglande Hollander (Flying Dutchman)- Quality experience that is a water ride, coaster and dark ride all in one!

7/ Wodan Timburcoaster- ralentless machine with a great theme

8/  Euromir- one of the most unique coasters around 

9/ Shambhala- forceful yet elegant 

10/ Oziris- underrated invert with a quirky theme 

11/ Pegasus Express (Asterix)- also underrated, fun ride 

12/ Untamed*- This really packs a punch!

13/ Goliath*- Impressive it is 

14/ Lech*- Vekoma have come a long way since SLCs

15/ Zadra*- RMC goodness

16/ Nemesis- there had to be a UK one in there somewhere and this is probably the best example 

17/ Smiler- not for everyone, but I overhear a lot that American park fans like the look of it 

18/ Taiga*- Another quality looking Intamin 

19/ Fenix- quality wing rider with excellent landscaping 
20/ Troy- Anothet quality woodie

* = not experienced yet so going by reputation. 

On 4/8/2020 at 9:37 AM, Mark9 said:

I'm an American visiting Europe for the first time. Recommend me twenty rollercoasters in Europe that I absolutely have to ride. Money and time are no object.

Go.

Seeing as I'm yet to venture out of Europe really myself (apart from crossing the border between tectonic plates in Iceland 😝) this topic is perfect for me as it's essentially listing my top 20 most loved coasters I've been on and my favourite parks 😃

I think I'll group it into parks as hopefully that might make trip planning slightly easier as you know which parks are absolutely must-dos! 

Park 1- Phantasialand

Taron- my (joint) favourite coaster of all time. Sunset and nightfall are designed for this coaster, not the other way around. The whole atmosphere of Klugheim, the length, intensity, launches and airtime of the coaster are just phenomenal. If I could build my perfect coaster, then I would probably build taron.

Colorado Adventure- Ok now this is awesome. It's not the biggest or the fastest coaster you've been on but its a great family-thrill coaster. It's really long, actually really thrilling and features moments where you dive into tunnels and its completely pitch black and you can't see a thing. Pretty awesome and well designed If you ask me.

Park 2- Linnanmaki

Taiga- Takes joint first spot in my top coasters along with taron, coincidentally 2 intamin launched coasters! This coaster has a really nice atmosphere in a lovely city park, the launches really pack a punch and its got plenty of awesome hang time and airtime moments. Really quite incredible.

Park 3- Energylandia

Zadra- The best RMC I've personally done to date. This coaster really towers over the park and is definitely a beast, awesome hang time and airtime moments, just typical RMC goodness, but one of the better ones we have in Europe (personal opinion).

Park 4- Kolmarden Wildlife Park

Wildfire- My first RMC and it still sticks in my head. Located in a beautiful wildlife park near Stockholm which overlooks the sea. Really quite a beautiful and picturesque coaster, and it rides really well too :)

Park 5- Walibi Holland

Untamed- Another RMC, again, I've been converted haha! This ones really awesome too, the ejector airtime is insane, almost too much! Got an awesome inline twist at the end of the coaster too. I recommend sitting towards the back of the train on this one :)

Lost Gravity- Mack Big Dipper coaster. Really great hang time and airtime throughout the first drop really packs a punch as well! This one is better than it looks on paper and has a funky theme too :)

Xpress platform 13- I absolutely loved this coaster. It's a pretty old Vekoma so it's not the smoothest of coasters but it honestly really packs a punch, and the theming is absolutely awesome too.

Park 6- Hansa Park

Der Schwur des Kärnan- Won't go into detail on this one and I recommend not doing any research before riding this, but this coaster is mental. Located in a beautiful park by the seaside as well.

Park 7- Legendia

Lech coaster- Really good new gen vekoma coaster. Comfortable, smooth, awesome first drop, great inversions and awesome airtime throughout. Packs a punch, has beautiful theming and beautiful setting next to a lake in a beautiful city park.

Park 8- Liseberg

Helix- I wasn't as impressed with this one as everyone makes out. It's a good, solid mack launched coaster and deserves a mention as lots of people really enjoy this one and class it as one of their top coasters. It just makes it into my top 10, it's got good airtime a long layout and awesome landscaping. 

Balder- Awesome intamin woodie. Plenty of airtime and so so smooth! Definitely worth a ride, and maybe an extra re-ride!

Park 9 - Efteling

Joris en de draak- Awesome pair of GCI racing coasters. Really fast paced and intense pair of coasters and really fun with the racing aspect not knowing who is going to win each race. In a beautiful setting in Efteling around a lake and awesome theming with a big dragon in the centre which breathes fire!

Baron 1898- This coaster really captures the charm of Efteling. The theming is immaculate and whilst the ride itself is pretty short, this b&m mini-dive coaster packs a punch. The overall experience of this one is fantastic :)

Park 10- Europa Park

Silver Star- This probably doesn't compare to some of the b&m hypers in the states but for me I find it really enjoyable. Really good floater airtime and just a really fun coaster. Worth a try :)

Euromir- This coaster has an awesome theme, and an awesome soundtrack. The way it's built around these huge towers with reflective glass is pretty cool too, and with the random spinning effect, if you end up going backwards on the second half of the layout it makes for a really intense and forceful ride!

Park 11- Toverland

Maximus blitz bahn- Not sure whether this really classes as a coaster or not as it's included on coaster-count but not on rcdb! This has great theming and it's a really fun toboggan-style coaster. Just good fun all round and in another stunning park.

Park 12- Parc Asterix

OzIris- I'm not a big fan of B&M inverts but this is one which really sticks in my brain. It's got a good, long layout, moments of varying intensity where it really picks up speed and some whippy inversions. Good operations too on a 3 train service on busy days and a good theme.

Pegase Express- I love this coaster. A gerst family coaster which is really well themed and landscaped and just great fun all around. 

Park 13- Djurs Sommarland

Juvelen- This coaster doesn't look like much on paper but it's actually pretty thrilling! Really awesome launches and hugs the terrain in a way which actually makes it pretty intense. On paper it looks like a family coaster but in reality I would definitely say it's a thrill coaster- really exceeded my expectations. Located in another beautiful park and awesome theming!