Theme Park Fan: The Musical

StevenVig

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who don't know the incredibly talented Nick Hutson has been working on developing his renowned track, Theme Park Fan, into a full blown musical!

The musical has been created with contributions from notable UK enthusiasts, including myself. John Wardley is also involved 😉

We are also raising money for the charity CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably), you can donate here if you wish. Finally, we have teamed up with AromaPrime Scents to create an original scent that compliments the show. 

It'll be premiering on Saturday 6th February 2021 on YouTube, so do check it out!

138867714_703023257059581_8649428409010498294_n.jpg

Have removed a couple of posts from here - Regardless on your opinions on Nick’s music - fair play to him for organising this - just looked and I saw he’s raised almost £600 to donate to a mental health charity and no one deserves to be berated for that - that’s significant amount especially during these times from such a niche market.

Whilst I get it may not be everyone’s cup of tea I think it’s great people when people l come together and do things like this which will ultimately benefit others more in need, especially in times like this!

Legendary composer Alan Menken donated 100 dollars to this according to the comments. I want this to be true. I think its a great thing to bring people together for a charity too help others. The pandemic has been hard on all of us, the effects of this may be seen for years and anything people can do to bring joy should be applauded, not derided. 

On 1/21/2021 at 8:56 AM, Marc said:

Have removed a couple of posts from here - Regardless on your opinions on Nick’s music - fair play to him for organising this - just looked and I saw he’s raised almost £600 to donate to a mental health charity and no one deserves to be berated for that 

I didnt see any of the posts after mine if they were more negative, but I personally wasn't berating anyone or the project, just poking fun at the phrase "notable UK enthusiasts including myself"

Me and my family seriously struggle with mental health and although I appreciate the fundraising cause, I somehow doubt supporting mental health was their reason for the same Twitter clique putting their face in something again, but I know I'm being cynical

I don't think anyone should be discouraged from doing it, and great that it has raised money eh!

Regardless of whether how reputable or successful ones work is, it’s great to see someone create an original project with much of the park community. And for a good cause with the charity thing too.

It’s a fact that the last year has (and unfortunately) continues to be a challenging and difficult time for almost everyone. People can’t meet up and catch-up with their family, friends etc. And it can be hard indeed for many. Until that hopeful time in the future arrives where we can enjoy life properly again.

Not everyone will be tolerant (let alone impressed) by people’s creations. And I say to this. If you don’t like something, don’t watch it!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 2:31 PM, Matt Creek said:

Not everyone will be tolerant (let alone impressed) by people’s creations. And I say to this. If you don’t like something, don’t watch it!

I'm not sure what you mean, nobody was complaining about the musical before they saw it or how successful Nick Hutson (or whoever else) is, dont think that has anything to do with it

Anyway I watched some of it, I was excited to see what strange creation it could be and enjoy it as a bit of lockdown fun. But to be honest it just felt like a drawn out in-joke /self promo for a small group of Twitter fans, I didn't find it very entertaining or anything to do with theme parks. Props to putting it together but whats the point if it's not for anyone.