JoshC. does a Blog

JoshC.

Hi everyone!

For the past few weeks I've been toying with setting up a theme park blog, and it's now finally in a ready-to-share state. So introducing...

Just Another Theme Park Blog

There's 3 posts on there already, with plenty to come in the future of course. It's going to have a bit of everything and anything theme park related, with a bit more of a focus on the theme park which has inspired everybody's favourite theme park forum, Thorpe Park Mania. Does mean there might be some cross posts / familiar topics in the future, so please forgive me.

Would love if you could have a read!

And any feedback (on anything: content, writing style, blog look, whatever) would be appreciated.

Thanks x

• JoshC. pinned this topic

What was kind of strange is I'm all about quite short, direct pieces of writing but I felt your blogs were on the lighter side. There's so much more I thought you could have said about the island like no other branding for example as it talked a lot about the bridge and the island like no other brand but I didn't really get the connection. 

Really liked the theming blog, I wonder if there could have been closer examples of when the theming works and where it doesn't. Just to further emphasise your point as Oz'iris theming could be a theming blog all by itself. Are there examples of Western themes that actually work?

2 minutes ago, Mark9 said:

Are there examples of Western themes that actually work?

DLP? Though again it's completely generic in the main thoroughfare until you hit Phantom Manor.

I think half the issue is with a lot of the more common themed areas you either that complete over the top ones or half arsed thrown into it at the last minute nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Benin said:

DLP? Though again it's completely generic in the main thoroughfare until you hit Phantom Manor.

I think half the issue is with a lot of the more common themed areas you either that complete over the top ones or half arsed thrown into it at the last minute nonsense.

It's not my place to answer the Western themed question I put out there. 😉

8 hours ago, Mark9 said:

What was kind of strange is I'm all about quite short, direct pieces of writing but I felt your blogs were on the lighter side. There's so much more I thought you could have said about the island like no other branding for example as it talked a lot about the bridge and the island like no other brand but I didn't really get the connection. 

Ahhh interesting! I made quite a conscious effort to keep things brief as I know that (in general) I have a tendency to waffle on lose focus. And looking back it does seem I still did that with the island blog!

The point I was trying to more get across is that the bridge and island concept are things I've always loved and have left a huge impact on me The Island Like No Other branding has been the only time that I've visited the park that they really doubled down on that island concept, and it was the perfect opportunity to recreate that huge impact, but in a more explicit way.

8 hours ago, Mark9 said:

Are there examples of Western themes that actually work?

Can only go off what I've heard for this, but it sounds like some of the American parks which have Western themed stuff seems to go down a bit better. How much of that is a culture thing or something is hard to say of course. But yeah, for me, it's still a 'for any I've experienced, no' answer

Very good start so far and with time I’ll sure it’ll only improve further.

Interesting write ups which are about the right length and cover a variety of subjects. I did like the one about theming and can see the understandings of the themes you like and dislike. I think also the park also depends on the theme too.