Will family rides return and be introduced?

ThemeParkSpencer

With everyone hoping for a new coaster, I would like to bring up something which many people haven't! I think it is possible that Thorpe Park are planning on adding new family rides as well as bringing back the Canada Creek Railway or Loggers Leap! I also think it's possible that they are preparing to demolish Logger's Leap. Thoughts?

EyDWshUWgAUu66g.png

Though it's not known why those trees have been cut down, it's unlikely to be for any immediate development.

Canada Creek Railway will not return. The route is used for Platform 15, which is ultimately more important for the park I'd say. And even if it wasn't, they would effectively have to rebuild the train route, and get new trains - it would be hugely expensive.

Loggers Leap would require a huge amount of money to repair to reopen too. To the point it would be cheaper to build an entirely new log flume from scratch.

As I say, the tree cutting is a bit of an unknown. But at this stage, there's been no work on the Loggers Leap site otherwise.

As for family rides, the park could probably do with some more rides with lower height restrictions. What and where are two big questions. But it also seems against the park's current direction, so would be unlikely.

10 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

Though it's not known why those trees have been cut down, it's unlikely to be for any immediate development.

Canada Creek Railway will not return. The route is used for Platform 15, which is ultimately more important for the park I'd say. And even if it wasn't, they would effectively have to rebuild the train route, and get new trains - it would be hugely expensive.

Loggers Leap would require a huge amount of money to repair to reopen too. To the point it would be cheaper to build an entirely new log flume from scratch.

As I say, the tree cutting is a bit of an unknown. But at this stage, there's been no work on the Loggers Leap site otherwise.

As for family rides, the park could probably do with some more rides with lower height restrictions. What and where are two big questions. But it also seems against the park's current direction, so would be unlikely.

Totally agree! Although with the family rides, they did add Angry Birds Land so I don't see it being too unlikely but I don't see the tree clearance being large enough for a thrill coaster! I guess we will have to wait and see although I recon they will demolish Loggers Leap!

1 hour ago, Martin Doyle said:

We will get Bouncezilla and Gamefx back if we are lucky

If Loggers came back, I'd be a dutchman's uncle. They are probably waiting for it to just collapse to save on the good old demolition costs knowing them.

I think because of Platform 15 they still have to do checks on the structure! They are most likely waiting for the first lift hill to collapse though! Once the majority of the ride has collapsed they will probably removed the second lift.

1 hour ago, ThemeParkSpencer said:

Totally agree! Although with the family rides, they did add Angry Birds Land so I don't see it being too unlikely but I don't see the tree clearance being large enough for a thrill coaster! I guess we will have to wait and see although I recon they will demolish Loggers Leap!

Its kind of messy with family rides. Thorpe from 2013-2015 decided to try the family route. Before ditching it in 2016, then adding hand me down family friendly flat rides in 2017, then finally drenching their most popular family ride in blood and zombies for no reason in 2018. It seems at the moment we're not getting anything more than a walkthrough or a bench. Honestly I think Merlin view Thorpe as a low profit asset, and hence right now they would rather invest in Legolands and throw Alton and Chessington the occasional bone. With Covid, I honestly think Thorpe getting anything will be a long shot. A new coaster- that might take a decade at this rate.

With the introduction of Creak Freak Massacre in the old station building - with the expenditure on a scare maze at Thorpe we haven't seen for quite some time - it's going to be some time before we see anything going on with Loggers I would imagine, especially with Creak Freak being unused last year. Appreciate they could start construction behind Creak Freak though potentially, and just re-route/postpone Platform 15 perhaps.