Jump to content

2023 - New Rollercoaster and Amazon Rainforest Themed Land


Recommended Posts

  • 5 months later...

I genuinely can't understand who thought this ride was a good idea.

It doesn't appeal to standard Chessington goers (too tall a height restriction despite not really being a very "thrilling" ride).

It takes away from their neighbour park's claim of "Only UK Wing rider coaster".

It will likely have an extremely bad throughput.

It's a B&M so will have an extremely expensive initial cost.

It's a B&M Wing Rider so will probably be quite slow through the elements as well.

The layout is already shown to be far too short.

 

The only positive (and even then, slightly) thing that can be said is the likely IP, whilst extremely outdated, at least fits Chessington and isn't completely random (I think everyone at this point knows it's going to be Jumanji).

Me, personally, I would have have put a Vekoma Suspended Family Coaster or something that can accommodate a much wider range of people (height restriction-wise) whilst filling the need for Chessington to have something slightly more thrilling than their standard line-up.

 

This must be one of the few rides in the world where there is a unanimous hate towards it because it just doesn't fit. If I were Merlin I'd go back to the drawing board for this one because it will be such a waste of space and money if they plough through with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Glitch said:

I wonder if we will start to see the trend being seen in the US, of upsells to preview. Inadvertently ruining the opening day excitement/ hype.

 

Thorpe did a preview night for Inferno back in 2003 though. AP required if I recall. 

 

I went, was good. Unfortunately any preview nights these days would be full of desperate vlog geeks vying for attention and nowhere near as fun or nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Benin said:

 

Thorpe did a preview night for Inferno back in 2003 though. AP required if I recall. 

 

They even did a preview for Saw, albeit in the afternoon. Passholders only, £20 a ticket. Was a Friday afternoon, like 2-5pm, so was naturally quiet. 

 

Depends the route Chessington go down. They could go down the Thorpe route of having the 'Press Night', filled with vloggers and the like. Or go for just a passholder preview day where the new area happens to be open (which would be a nightmarish day indeed).

 

 

6 hours ago, 2542464 said:

It doesn't appeal to standard Chessington goers (too tall a height restriction despite not really being a very "thrilling" ride).

 

I don't think at this stage there's been absolute confirmation of it being a 1.4m height restriction. I believe it was said to Chessington Buzz during the in person consultation, but that was subject to change?

 

The fact that:

1. It's referred to as a family roller coaster in all plans

2. Merlin are looking at opening several B&Ms across their 3 planned Legoland China parks

makes me think that there must be some plan in the works for this to have a lower height restriction. 

 

I could be wildly off the mark, but it's the thing which makes the least sense to me for now.

 

 

6 hours ago, 2542464 said:

It's a B&M so will have an extremely expensive initial cost.

It's a B&M Wing Rider so will probably be quite slow through the elements as well.

 

B&Ms are expensive, yes. But Merlin can afford it, so I don't see it as a potential issue, especially since this is a whole area. I'm certainly not seeing it as a "They're spending money on a B&M when they could get something cheaper and spend the money better elsewhere", in the sense that they're still investing a heck of a lot else in this investment. Yes, it would be nice to see some more money re-invested in other parts of the park too, but equally, they're not doing a bad job there imo.

 

I also don't think that a B&M is that much more expensive thana Vekoma these days, for example.

 

If (and obviously this is a big if) this is a wing rider with a lower height restriction, then it's probably a good ride choice for Chessington, in that it's not that intense and is something suitable for the whole family. Obviously there's questions about the layout, throughput, etc, but I don't think a wing rider is inheritely bad.

 

6 hours ago, 2542464 said:

The only positive (and even then, slightly) thing that can be said is the likely IP, whilst extremely outdated, at least fits Chessington and isn't completely random (I think everyone at this point knows it's going to be Jumanji).

I wouldn't call Jumanji extremely outdated. I wouldn't even call it outdated.

 

In the current phase of the franchise, the last film was released in 2019, there's active plans and pitches for another sequel. It is a franchise with one of the biggest stars in the world (The Rock) involved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Ooh baby, I love your way, every day yeah, yeah

Ooh, baby, I love your way, everyday

 

Shadows grow so long before my eyes

And they're moving across the page

Suddenly the day turns into night

Far away, from the city

But don't, oh no, hesitate

'Cause your pond just won't wait (Hey yeah, yeah)

 

Ooh baby, I love your way, everyday

I wanna tell you I love your pond, everyday yeah, yeah

I wanna be with you night and day

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2022 at 11:13 PM, 2542464 said:

I genuinely can't understand who thought this ride was a good idea.

It doesn't appeal to standard Chessington goers (too tall a height restriction despite not really being a very "thrilling" ride).

It takes away from their neighbour park's claim of "Only UK Wing rider coaster".

It will likely have an extremely bad throughput.

It's a B&M so will have an extremely expensive initial cost.

It's a B&M Wing Rider so will probably be quite slow through the elements as well.

The layout is already shown to be far too short.

 

The only positive (and even then, slightly) thing that can be said is the likely IP, whilst extremely outdated, at least fits Chessington and isn't completely random (I think everyone at this point knows it's going to be Jumanji).

Me, personally, I would have have put a Vekoma Suspended Family Coaster or something that can accommodate a much wider range of people (height restriction-wise) whilst filling the need for Chessington to have something slightly more thrilling than their standard line-up.

 

This must be one of the few rides in the world where there is a unanimous hate towards it because it just doesn't fit. If I were Merlin I'd go back to the drawing board for this one because it will be such a waste of space and money if they plough through with it.

 

I don't believe its actually confirmed to be a B&M just yet? We are only going on the station layout and the track design that on the plans which does looks a little B&M like.  Personally I think this will be a Mack, as we know Merlin like multi ride manufacturer deals and with Thorpe potentially seeing a Mack in 2024, this makes more sense to me.  It would be the first B&M shuttle coaster and would need to be some kind of new family wing design to accommodate the smaller/shorter guest.  So I really don't think it makes sense for this to be a B&M.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You're right in that the ride choice doesn't make sense mind.

 

It would be a first for Mack as they don't have a wing coaster design at the moment (Lost Gravity doesn't count).

 

Mr9 is right as there's strong rumours about Legoland Deutschland getting something similar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/31/2022 at 4:10 PM, Benin said:

You're right in that the ride choice doesn't make sense mind.

 

It would be a first for Mack as they don't have a wing coaster design at the moment (Lost Gravity doesn't count).

 

Mr9 is right as there's strong rumours about Legoland Deutschland getting something similar.

They do have a new mini wing style coaster called the Big Dipper train.  Would definitely be more family friendly.

 

 

EB2DB20D-7CA3-45E3-8037-8DDB6371B8CA.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, javs said:

They do have a new mini wing style coaster called the Big Dipper train.  Would definitely be more family friendly.

 

The two BigDippers currently open have height restrictions of either 1.3m or 1.4m. The 1.4m, Lost Gravity, is in a country where their B&Ms have a height restriction of 1.32m. 

 

The BigDippers don't need loading either side and only go up to cars of length 4. They're more akin to Gerstlauer Eurofighter and Infinity coasters than wing rider coasters.

 

B&M Junior Invert designs have appeared in concept arts for the 3 Legolands set to open in China over the coming years, along with 2 of those parks getting wing rider coasters of a similar look. Legoland Deutschland is also getting one of these wing riders.

 

Obviously until we get absolute confirmation, we can't say anything for definite. But it very much seems like Merlin and B&M have worked together to create a new, family friendly, style ride.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

So this was confirmed as a B&M a few weeks back,  some super zoomed in photos. It's code number is WI-R (for context, Raptor was WI-A and The Swarm was WI-B). I know this project has a lot of people who think this is a mistake. For me, I dreamed of B&M track at Chessington ever since I first saw Nemesis in 2000.

1484475836_Screenshot2022-07-16at15_41_18.thumb.png.e6f5344c8f7b919eef6c4eec7a2d97b3.png

 

The thought of this super luxury rollercoaster opening at my childhood park makes me so happy, like Chessington is finally entering the big leagues after years of being in the shadow of its sister park next door.

 

As pure conjecture, with Legoland Deutschland rumoured to be getting a B&M wing-rider as well, it would be safe to assume that the model could be coming to several Legoland Parks across the globe. Sorry Windsor, not you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Mark9 said:

As pure conjecture, with Legoland Deutschland rumoured to be getting a B&M wing-rider as well, it would be safe to assume that the model could be coming to several Legoland Parks across the globe. Sorry Windsor, not you. 

 

The Chinese Legoland parks set to open in the next decade or so all have renderings/concept images which show what looks suspiciously like wing coasters, as well as B&M junior inverts. So they'll definitely end up there. Definitely not much of a leap to suggest they'll end up at more (and I wouldn't be surprised to see one end up at the new Legoland Belgium too).

 

Windsor is the least likely though, yeah. Planning permissions being awkward, little space and the fact that there's one 30mins away all adds up to no B&M Wingsor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...