2023 - World of Jumanji

27 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

From CWoA's twitter - how good does this look? Queue once open and throughput maybe not so much, but still 😁

12fb707b-920a-4691-86ed-fd7f098688aa.jpg

I'm very excited for this ride despite all the obvious problems it's going to have with capacity and (probably) reliability this year. It just feels like Chessington is making a statement with first this and then the water park expansion. 

19 hours ago, Mark9 said:

It just feels like Chessington is making a statement with first this and then the water park expansion. 

It sounds like this very much is a statement, and also just the beginning. 

I've noticed there's a job advert for engineers at Chessington, which very much reads like they're expanding the team: https://merlin.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/16836?c=merlin&lang=en-GB

With significant investment over the next 3 years, beginning with the opening of the World of Jumanji in Summer 2023, we're looking to expand our team of Engineers, working on maintaining and improving rides at Britain’s wildest adventure!

3 years would include the water park no doubt, as well as Jumanji. There's also rumours floating round of other medium-to-large investments coming next year. Obviously this could all be standard marketing spiel, but still interesting.

Also interesting to note them saying Jumanji opens in summer, rather than the advertised spring, so probably isn't worth reading into things toooooo much. 

6 hours ago, JoshC. said:

It sounds like this very much is a statement, and also just the beginning. 

I've noticed there's a job advert for engineers at Chessington, which very much reads like they're expanding the team: https://merlin.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/16836?c=merlin&lang=en-GB

3 years would include the water park no doubt, as well as Jumanji. There's also rumours floating round of other medium-to-large investments coming next year. Obviously this could all be standard marketing spiel, but still interesting.

Also interesting to note them saying Jumanji opens in summer, rather than the advertised spring, so probably isn't worth reading into things toooooo much. 

@JoshC. what are the rumours for next year about?

As if the throughput situation could be any worse, they continue to complicate things even more with a different row? Really?

Brave it backwards on Swarm was cool, but badly let down by the lack of any sort of common sense in the queuing system - hopefully they’ve thought it through this time.

Also interesting to see the arm cutouts on the building entrance - I thought Merlin would be a bit cautious about any suggestion that limbs might somehow bang against something on one of their rides…

The thing which confuses me the most is that, being a shuttle coaster, the direction of the rows is largely inconsequential. An even / near-even divide would at least make a bit more sense, giving the choice as to whether you go forwards or backwards first. But seemingly just one row? Just...huh?

I just don’t get this ride at all.

I really hope it’s amazing and that I’m wrong..  I just don’t understand the choice at all.

One train, a shuttle, and now a choice of seats apparently?

It all seems so wildly inappropriate to me given how busy Chessington gets, and how unbearable Fastrack sales make the day during summer.

Unpopular opinion but I'm a big fan of the backwards row facing the other way. Kids love a front row and this will essentially provide 2 very different front row experiences with it being a shuttle coaster

Think there was a drive at Chessington for more flats for throughput reasons, hence why they got Thorpes Rockin tug even though they've already got one. We all know Chessington can't cope on busy days.

With that logic though it really doesn't make a lot of sense they've gone for this coaster when there are loads of different family coasters which would've provided a much better throughput...

All for rowfacing the other way, but having one is just very odd.

The choice of mandrills for a winged coaster is still taking some getting used to. I get the idea, but I guess I still have the preconception that if a winged coaster has an animal theme, an animal with wings would make sense.

1.2m rides all round is good. The concept art looks good, and is something that feels realistically achievable.

I'm still concerned about the throughput and how this will cope in terms of popularity, especially at first, but we'll have to wait and see on that front.