2021 Season

3 minutes ago, LK_ said:

I still wonder how people can get RAP passes so easily, I have an issue with my left leg from a previous surgery where it goes completely numb after standing for about 20 minutes, so I always have to sit down in the main queue lines where possible. I've been to my doctors about it and apprantly that isn't a good enough reason?

I have heard people at the park suggest to others faking a letter saying they'd done so themeselves. So whilst many are genuine reasons there are a load that really are just fake. There's also a large number of people who would be completely fine queueing up but just take advantage of the fact they can get it.

The other big issue is the number of staff who don't sign the cards and people end up continuously being able to join new queues ride after ride. 

I think a lot of the issue has stemmed from the ease of getting one (simple doctor's note) and the lack of staff writing down a time or checking max numbers.

Hence it's known as "Free Fastrack".

What confuses me is at other parks without the timeslot system don't have these issues? The only park I've found the system poorly implemented was Walibi, mostly as whilst making access guests wait at the exit for the length of time is fair, not providing a safe area to wait in was poor. Have purchased qbots as a result as those best suit the needs.

Until Merlin put their foot down on it (and endure the negativity any change will cause) it will get worse.

Apologies if it's been talked about elsewhere... Shame to see TP trending on Twitter for mask rules.

All kicked off by a guest tweeting their daughter was "segregated" as she's exempt from wearing a mask. TP's rules state that mask exempt guests 'are required to sit in the row farthest to the back to reduce the risk of air transmission'.

image.png.5c03e4473c2ad5d5b8311e37a3318172.png

The fact the 'woke brigade' jumped on this as an opportunity to compare this to segregation of black individuals back in our unfortunate past is beyond comprehension. The sheer number of tweets slating TP for this is astonishing. TP seem to have replied with the rules and left it at that, sensible move IMO. 

Separate from the lunacy on Twitter and thinking about the rule itself. Doesn't it seem a bit overkill? The likely transmission rate between individuals on different rows of the coasters is minimal anyway, I'm not sure there was a need for this rule. I've not heard of it or seen it enforced at TP or any other parks. 

I think Thorpe are just erring on the side of caution and trying to accommodate everyone.

the woman who tweeted out how her daughter had been treated has also previously tweeted that they are mask exempt by choice rather than need.

peak Karening IMHO.

16 hours ago, d.m.k said:

Apologies if it's been talked about elsewhere... Shame to see TP trending on Twitter for mask rules.

All kicked off by a guest tweeting their daughter was "segregated" as she's exempt from wearing a mask. TP's rules state that mask exempt guests 'are required to sit in the row farthest to the back to reduce the risk of air transmission'.

image.png.5c03e4473c2ad5d5b8311e37a3318172.png

The fact the 'woke brigade' jumped on this as an opportunity to compare this to segregation of black individuals back in our unfortunate past is beyond comprehension. The sheer number of tweets slating TP for this is astonishing. TP seem to have replied with the rules and left it at that, sensible move IMO. 

Separate from the lunacy on Twitter and thinking about the rule itself. Doesn't it seem a bit overkill? The likely transmission rate between individuals on different rows of the coasters is minimal anyway, I'm not sure there was a need for this rule. I've not heard of it or seen it enforced at TP or any other parks. 

I mean it isn't the woke brigade that jumped on this, it's just bots and trolls trying to cause division. The fact the original poster is an anti-vaccination, anti-lockdown, anti-mask conspiracy nut tells me all I need to know about the original tweet  and in this example, its best not to engage at all as it spreads the rubbish further. 

I thought the "woke brigade" were pro mask? It's incredibly hard to keep up as to what I should be "woke" about.

Towers have been doing this already. Think it caused a few issues with the RAP queues because it obviously had a problem in having to move non-mask wearers but not being able to move disabled guests.

Unfortunately people who pretend they are exempt from wearing masks are the exact reason we still have to. Utter scum and bringing in a comparison to racial segregation shows the level of contempt this person has for the actual struggles of those at the time.

• JoshC. pinned this topic

Popped to Thorpe briefly to check out ParkVibes.

It's nice to see a new event with stuff happening all over the park. It's pretty simple stuff, but it shouldn't be understated the importance of spreading the event around the park (issues which Fright Nights has had in the past, for example).

But honestly, it's not for me. I wasn't a fan of any of the music overlays, from the entrance remix done by IMA Score, to all the rap / festival themed ones that have appeared on certain rides. Probably the best one is the rap that occurs round Rumba RAPids, and even then, I found it on the wrong side of cringey despite its catchiness.

My worry is some of the new announcements make the park feel a bit fairgroundy.

It's nice that there's entertainment around (dancers, singers, etc). It adds a bit of atmosphere and mixes the day up a bit.

It's fine that I don't like the event as it's not for me and it's not something that would interest me. I just hope that the people who it is targeted at do end visiting and enjoying it, otherwise it's a bit of a miss.

Some 2021 updates:

-Vortex and Samurai are back open.

-The picnic tent has shrunk in size, but still exists

-There's a piece of 'graffiti artwork' coming to the ugly wall opposite Ghost Train. Watch this space?

image.png

On 6/19/2021 at 7:46 PM, ChessingtonSam said:

Was gonna post about this but I really don't think it's worth giving a person like her the time of day.

In other news, The Swarm has a new soundtrack... and it's Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen... apparently?

If you listen a bit longer I may or may not be on hold ;)

13 hours ago, Benin said:

Maybe someone went to Walibi Holland and thought "well it's called the Dutch Thorpe Park anyway"?

Pity they haven’t also decided to add a modest RMC and bizarre yet interesting Mack coaster to their line up though. 

Thorpe’s recent decisions have been truly bizarre. Then again, I guess they have for some time now. 

It was on June 19th 2021, at Thorpe Park Resort, since I have completed my bucket list, with Stealth in Amity and The Swarm on Swarm Island, three times, guess what, I have a surprise for you in return...

Imagine Stealth represents Sugar Dimples, an American child actress in Hollywood, and The Swarm represents Emma Richard, a British student in a finishing school in London. Why? Because it's nationality that matters to me.
Have you seen a tv show called Madeline? Have you remembered it?
Sugar Dimples appears in "Madeline in Hollywood", "Madeline and the Haunted Castle", and "Madeline and the Tea Party".
Emma Richard only appears in a feature film, "My Fair Madeline".

Please feel free to comment, if you really like it. I'll be waiting...😁🧐

The Coaster Girls.png

On 6/25/2021 at 8:53 PM, Glitch said:

Have TPM considered asking for an easter egg on every new item or attraction placed in the park yet? Its a trend I don't mind for nostalgia or people who have worked on designing the project but really when are we going to stop placing Youtubers names across these things..... 

Island Access Thorpe Park Mania Hub coming soon.

On 6/28/2021 at 3:20 PM, Glitch said:

I wonder if this was planned before or after everyone complaining about the plain wall?

I'd expect after, given that it's happening a year after the wall was made plain, and the plain-ification of the wall seemed to be a quick fix.

Anyway, here's a wall update:

On 6/28/2021 at 2:56 PM, JoshC. said:

Nearby, an Easter Egg littered wrap around of some of the grabbing machines has occured:

I love how this "easter egg grabbing machine" alone sums up how self indulgent and out of touch Thorpe Park are with the public, fans, their own park's history and the theme park business

• 2 weeks later...

Latest video explaining restrictions:

-Rides will run at full capacity

-Face coverings remain recommended for indoor areas

-Black Mirror: Labyrinth and Derren Brown's Ghost Train will still require timed tickets

-No temperature checks, which has been the case for a couple of weeks

Not entirely clear if Ghost Train and Labyrinth are also going to be running full capacity (or higher capacity than before). I guess a wait and see...

On 7/18/2021 at 6:52 PM, JoshC. said:

Not entirely clear if Ghost Train and Labyrinth are also going to be running full capacity (or higher capacity than before). I guess a wait and see...

To follow up on this: As I understand it, Ghost Train is now running at full capacity, and Labyrinth is now batching groups of up to 8 people. Both are still using timed tickets, though.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic