The Future Of Vampire

The information is coming from an inside source. I am new to this site and thought I would share some stuff I know. The proposal for the old entrance was put in last week. I will keep you updated when I know more

No it isn't.There is no work going on in the Vampire queue this closed season.

No it isn't.There is no work going on in the Vampire queue this closed season.

No offence Outfit but you're hardly the most reliable considering last closed season you told us Runaway Trains rocks had been refurbished and that the Black Buccaneer boat had been completely replaced with a new boat.

Outfit could have been right but at the last minute, they might've said no instead or might've delayed it. This change to Vampire might be a last-minute decision. If Chessie was lazy they could have not bothered at all and at least they are investing some funds into making the attraction more pleasing.

Does anyone remember the old rodeo horse and rider that used to sit in the centre of the ride? It has been re-themed and will now go somewhere in Transylvania. Painted black with a knight

Ahhhhh, there's the cheap section of the idea, this naturally makes it a much more likely thing to happen now that we know there's some form of recycling.....:P

No offence Outfit but you're hardly the most reliable considering last closed season you told us Runaway Trains rocks had been refurbished and that the Black Buccaneer boat had been completely replaced with a new boat.

Well you say that, but the Bucc boat is being partly refurbished this year!I'm very skeptical as to this person saying 'oh yeah this that the other is happening' when they joined for no reason and starting posting stuff everywhere. Especially when they say 'oh yeah my friend who works in the park blah blah blah'.

• 3 weeks later...

^ everyone is entitled to their opinion

Gosh, can you say anything on the internet anymore without somebody jumping at you saying "everybody has an opinion". Yes, I know everybody can have an opinion, including me. And I never said his opinion was "wrong" at all. My post was very light-hearted and positive, please re-read.Posted ImageWell, I don't think they would put him back in Tomb Blaster. He is probably completely knackered on the inside now, and would need replacement mechanisms inside. Also, there would have to be totally new computer programming to tell the animatronic what to move and when to move, and a new audio soundtrack would have to be arranged. I doubt Chessington can be bothered to do all that, which is a shame.Also, where would you put him in Tomb Blaster? He doesn't really fit now, unfortunately. I would like to see him back holding the lamp on that turn just after the train leaves the station (you know the place?). When he used to call out "Oi! No more tourists in this tomb! This tomb is shut! The jewel is mine!" blah blah blah. A little "warning" from him about the tomb would really set up the ride nicely.

But then he would look as bad as he does now. Animatronics (in fact, all effects) work best when they are placed in an environment in which they look most realistic/believable. This is usually in the darkness, so that you cannot see the mechanisms that work them. This environment also should include lighting, audio and sensory effects to help the atmosphere. I mean, you would not have Tomb Blaster outdoors would you? Because everything would look wrong and you would not be in an enclosed environment. So, by having Abdab outside in Vampire he looks a bit wrong. Also, if you had him sat in the station just static, staring into space, he would again look fake and wrong.The only other situation I can think of in which there are animatronics outside is in the Rattlesnake queueline. In my opinion, they are really fake and weird, but there are so many of them that I guess it isn't too bad. But, you can easily see the difference between animatronics in a dark ride that look great, and animatronics outside that might be a tad rickety/unconvincing. There just isn't much you can do other than what it was originally designed for. It is a shame Terror/Forbidden Tomb was ever rethemed in the first place.

The idea behind the placing of Abdab's in the Vampire queue is good... It provides something extra to look at and they are dressed in a way to fit the theme... Though it would be good if they moved, considering the lack of budget Chessie have, a decent addition for a small cost is always a plus...However, I have seen too many times where kids are jumping through the fencing to play on the the trailer one... Dunno about the other two but I guess it's the same...The Vamp queue does need more work done onto it, preferably including some gothic fencing and some other things...But I don't think Chessie did anything wrong with adding them into the queue, and the revamping of Tomb Blaster is perhaps the most successful thing by redoing and old unpopular ride and making it excessively rerideable and popular attraction...

Yep. ;)Well, how "realistic" it looks is down to opinion, but the thing about having effects in a particular theatrical environment is always true on every dark ride. That is the main point of every dark ride - to be an enclosed building in which theatrical effects take place with lighting and all the rest. Not necessarily "dark", but usually dark, hence the term "dark ride".And, Tomb Blaster is far more believable than Abdab outside. Just look at him, his paint is coming off and his face is made of hard plastic that has no life in it. Whereas in Tomb Blaster it takes a more careful eye than usual (or flash photography ;) ) to find the edges of sets or mechanisms for the effects. Hope that makes sense.And, good point Benin. Personally I think that Tomb Blaster was one of the better quality rethemes of that time, and the giant snake, for example, is actually nicely impressive. So, it isn't all that bad...

My opinion? Of course it has a future at Chessington. You just need to glance at the queues it got last year, especially for Halloween & Summer. It was almost right up to the Bubbleworks entrance, the park can see how popular it is. However, I think from an objective point of view, it does need some work done. Granted whenever the park does actually do work on it, it never seems to be enough, and just spending a few weeks/months giving it some TLC. Repaints/Cobwebs/Maybe using the old entrance as the Express Pass entrance, so at least it can still be integrated onto the ride. I like the idea of painting the track black, and adding strobe/smoke to the tunnel. All very expensive yes, but I think this would only enhance the riders experience, and maybe at least SOME of this can be included in the future as the ride becomes older, needing more attention. I can see it easily lasting another 5-10 years if the park inject a little money into it every now and again.