The Future Of Vampire

^^^Nice.It was a change of the lift drive system. Erik was out there for a few days in early 2010 (you probably know when better than I do!) to install and reprogram. He said they're doing it to quite a few of the older rides, I honestly can't remember the advantages but there were a few listed ;)DaveEDIT: Guys, you don't have to delete TPR related posts. I have thick skin :rolleyes:

^^^Nice.It was a change of the lift drive system. Erik was out there for a few days in early 2010 (you probably know when better than I do!) to install and reprogram. He said they're doing it to quite a few of the older rides, I honestly can't remember the advantages but there were a few listed ;)DaveEDIT: Guys, you don't have to delete TPR related posts. I have thick skin :rolleyes:

Hate to pick apart posts but..It was by Sprint! Moving on!

Look, I'm not getting into a game of "I know people in the industry". It's a little immature and stupid.My basic point is that Chessie are continuing to invest in this ride and clearly have a view to the future with it, which is a great thing as I'm sure most people here grew up loving the Vampire like me and would like it to stay ;)Dave

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I can believe I'm even saying this, but backwards Vampire. :angry2:

It's a rumour, it's a stupid one. But that is how The Swarm started.

Surely not? Discuss...

PLEASE I hope this does NOT happen. When I heard about the possibility of Swarm going backwards I thought "well that's naff" - mainly because I hate going backwards on rides but it has worked out well for the Swarm and the back row queues reflect the popularity of this.

However if they make The Vampire go backwards I will probably cry :ph34r: - it was my first proper roller coaster and I am still a bit miffed that the old bat cars have gone. I could maybe forgive them a tad if they did " a Swarm" and just switched the last 2 rows backwards but I hope they keep it as it is.....or bring back some funky new bat cars :clapping:

No. Yes I'd like to try it once (maybe) but the queuing is already dire! To work in terms of queue it would either have to be all turned backwards so there's no separation of queuing or not messed with. Turning the last two rows would mess everything up. The capacity would be worst than Swarm backwards, the best rows on Vampire would be ruined, and where would the disabled queue be seated because having to make them move a further two rows down would be awful.

Maybe they could turn it backwards for Halloween? I know a few Six Flags parks turn their wooden coasters around but I don't know how long it would take.

Best solution is no. Don't waste the money.

Swarm backwards kinda, sorta, maybe makes sense when you think about it. It helps draw in more people, which was the trouble with the ride, and can theoretically handle it (though, in practice, the operational side has been a bit mixed). Also, with rumours floating about that B&M are considering a 4D coaster and that this was one way of them advancing in that direction, it makes sense there.

Vampire backwards though. It would be highly difficult for a good queueing system to be implemented. It won't be able to handle it throughput-wise, especially when two rows are almost always used for disabled guests. It makes sense in one respect, as changing the park's icon coaster could draw people in, but surely bringing in more new stuff would be better?

Whilst I was a disbeliever of Swarm backwards, and probably said this about that as well - this 100% ain't gonna happen.

Go back to my post on 1990 Chessington/Vampire, have the Organ blasting music out, the speakers on the organ don't even work now. I also remember when queuing in the station the music was loud, there was so much atmosphere, trains going in and out quickly.

Now the music is turned down, the stupid ride ops blasting out "Sit back hold tight...." Please stop them doing this, get a good recording.

And the loading / unloading, lets wait for the train to go out of the station then start batching. Wait until the previous train comes back in and is waiting. Then realise you have two empty seats, then do a check. Somebody wants to take off their shoes, restraints up, and re-check the restraints....

One member of staff said on Saturday while I was in the Fast Track queue (Priority Pass) "Did you know the queue is 2 hours long and your jumping it"

Well I was so tempted to say they should pull their finger out and get the trains out faster, but I didn't.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's one idea I possibly have when the Vampire is removed from the park whether that be in a few years time or another 23 years. The idea likely has big flaws but here goes.

The ride is replaced by a B&M wing rider which uses the same station which to cater for this is completely stripped out and the structure tampered with for expansion of the building.

The ride will have one or two lift hills with the first concealed by a housing building to enable this. The ride will fly around much like vampire but with a few inversions and depending on length will have a second lift where it will fly through Transylvania again but then enter more exciting loops as well as going through a dark tunnel with effects.

The ride will also have a Transylvanian theme with a ride plot against how an angry vampire wanted revenge or something.

To reduce noise, the track will be filled with lots of sand with possible barriers around the area blended in to conceal further remaining noise as well as a green and brown track colour to blend in also.

I'm sure it's a heavily flawed idea but how's that sound?

The main thing for the Vampire is that it has no loops and is an ideal Junior coaster or a coaster for people who don't like coasters.

I have lost count of the number of people who have said to me "The Vampire is my limit" when talking about coasters. So to add some inversions and this would prevent many of the rides target audience from riding it. Most people do not like going upside down

I would like to see the original bat cars installed and I still feel that the tunnel needs to be longer so it looks like you are going into a bat cave, maybe add some bat sounds when you go in.