The Future Of Vampire

Of course its posible, every ride has a limited life span, based on popularity and reliability. It's those two reasons which convinces me that Vampire will not be removed. Even with Fury which is significantly better, Vampire still gains the larger queues. Also it is technically a more reliable ride then Fury with very small downtime ever since its systems were redone by Vekoma. Not many people will remember how shocking the original Vampire's reliability was and how dangerous it potentially was. Vampire won't be removed for a long time as theres simpy no reason in removing a very popular rollercoaster.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Peter, I'm pretty certain the TL you know is the TL I know....So yeh, a few more years, look at the ride, it pleases everyone, looks great, nothing wrong with it (par the apparent H&S problems), it's too much effort for them to remove it any time soon anyway.Btw, a Vekoma Launched would fit nicely in that space.

I honestly can't see the Vampire going for a few years yet! It's reliable, it gets big queues in the summer, they can't really put anything else in its place and Chessington need to keep rides like vampire because it has a low height limit unlike Rameses, Dragons Fury & Rattlesnake.

Vampire won't go for another good few years IMO. It's a great ride, at peak it always pulls in queue of an hour, more than some other rides in park. It's incredibly reliable, and the ride and theming and general (what is left) is in tip top condition. And Rich, please stop spamming the thread by telling others to stop spamming :o

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to enjoy The Vampire, but it has become rather too much of the same thing. My estimation is that they'll improve and revamp the ride, for health and safety reasons, and keep it at Chessington for another few years.Rides like The Vampire, Dragon's Fury, Rattlesnake and Ramises Revenge are all that Chessington has left, if they were to remove The Vampire, the park would start to become rather dull.

• 4 weeks later...