The Future Of Vampire

I used to enjoy The Vampire, but it has become rather too much of the same thing.

Yeah that happens to rides when you ride them more than once, they do tend to be the same thing.. same layout, same trains.. same boring tree to pass. Same station etc. Only real difference is the change of staff. Therefore I think they will revamp vampire also.

I think with a bit of TLC with Vampire would be welcome. The station could do with a refurbishment in my opinion, get rid of all the crappy old speakers and stick some new Bose ones on that side of the track. Perhaps add some new lighting effects, give the Vampire organist guy a good old clean and maybe some new motors so he doesn't look so robotic? The queueline could do with a good clean up too, just looks so shabby. Maybe some new scenery, new fencing and some music or sound effects. I know its quite cheesy but things like the talking gravestones and the interactive bits in the Haunted Hollow would perhaps make the queueline slighty more amusing and kill time a bit.

• 2 months later...

A lot of people will disagree with me when I say this but The Vampire is very old and is becoming quite unreliable. I can't stress how many customers complain that the ride always happen to be down when they're at the park.The Vampire is quite a memorable ride which also contains a lot of sentimental value, also being my first rollercoaster. Times are changing and despite the rides team being supernaturally awesome with loading/unloading times of I think 15 seconds (correct me if I'm wrong) the ride needs to go.They could have a B&M Family Inverted Coaster utilizing the 4-person per car to make thoroughput good. It could have either maybe one or two inversions or none at all but have air-time hills, over-banked turns/immelmann turns, helixes, downwards curve (the curved drop into Vampire tunnel).Whatever it will be B&M Inverted (inversion/no inversion), Vekoma Suspended-swinging/non-swinging, w/e something even more fantastic needs to come there. I think The Vampire will last a good 3-5 years at the most. I personally would love to see a Suspended Coaster of some sort Vekoma/B&M that exceeds the previous Vampire.

Edited by Will

It will stay as long as it possibly can in some form or another. It'd be too hard to get planning permission for a replacement ride on that section of land to warrant getting rid of it because of a few breakdowns here and there.

Exactly, and all rides break down, it's a fact of life.The Vampire won't go, it's got too many tthings going for it.1:. It's a great ride and gets big queues2:. The concept is awsome, and so is the music.3:. It's had an area themed after it, Transelvania. Would be a bit difficult to replace thatoh, and did I mention the staff do the best job and that it's got lots of air time?

1:. It's a great ride and gets big queues

It's big queues are- in my opinion down to low capacity- inverted coasters need 4 seats per row

3:. It's had an area themed after it, Transylvania. Would be a bit difficult to replace that

If they demolished Vampire they could theme the area around Bubbleworks which doesn't really fit in with the "Transylvania" theme :(

It's big queues are- in my opinion down to low capacity- inverted coasters need 4 seats per row

No.... During busy times it has 3 trains out. possible of 24 per train, to put that into perspective, Nemesis Inferno holds up to 28 per train but I haven't seen a fully loaded train in ages with the odd seat left as there are groups of 3.Yes Ok, Nemesis Inferno can get through a lot more people due to the shorter track.I don't know Vampires capacity an hour but it must be close to 1000?

Vampires is about 1000 yeah. The track wouldn't be able to support four seats in a row and besides there wouldn't be the clearance for that. It was built in a time when 2 a row was the norm. I think a major problem with Vampire is that when it goes it will be very hard for Chessington to replace. It upset the locals something chronic with the old trains which is why CWOA has lacked so much investment of late. Its hard to get anything built so rides that are there are, well built to last.

Vampire two trains is around 800, vampire three trains is supposedly 1100pph. Best I've seen us get was 1082 in summer 07, was a happy bunny that day! (and that was with a clicker rather than relying on turnstyles).Vampire will be difficult to replace because of noise controls etc due to it being incredibly close to the hotel and beefeater (regardless that they're actually on chessingtons land). Gar.

• 3 months later...

there have been alot of rumours flying around that The Vampire ride is soon to be leaving Chessington WOA.

Where have you heard these rumours?

I expect it will go... just like samurai went back to cwoa this year.... 8-)

This year? And removing Samurai from a park is very different to removing the Vamp.

Expect a few changes around the Vampire when the park opens this year!

Oh yeah? Do tell.

Changes?It would break my heart if Vampire was removed

He said "around the Vampire", so it'll still be there. You only have to drive past the Monkey Puzzle on the Leatherhead Road and look behind it to see the first lift hill and track. It was there the other day...strangely. :):P

Like I got off and there was a tree branch impaled through my skull.

Did you get any bubblegum with that? :D

I'm sure vampire will depart soon, I mean...if corkscrew can go so can vampire.

Soon, you say. Well, the Vamp may be kept until it gets very old and out of date like Corkscrew was.People forget that Transylvania is literally moulded to the Vampire. Don't forget that it's supports do partially hide behind walls of Burger King, and how it flocks round the corner between the 2 buildings. Can you imagine walking through Transylvania without it there? Especially drop and right-hand bend after the second lift hill. It just wouldn't look right.When the Vampire goes, so does Transylvania, and possibly Bubbleworks. It would mean a totally new beginning for that area of the park, especially in groundwork terms, as they'd have to dig so much up to remove it's giant supports. Transylvania would be flattened and be no more.

• 4 weeks later...

Vampire needs to be refurbished! It has got a slight rattle to it, but it would be pointless to remove such a great coaster! They wont be able to put anything there really. The whole part of the vampire being placed there is because of the themeing of that part of the park (Transylvania).These are just rumours.