Th13teen

Sheepie

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Altons Next Secret Weapon NO NOT NEXT TRY A BRAND NEW LAND for 2010 the Dark Forest with a tilting roller coaster through an eerie forest and derelict building scene. This theme also featured some very well designed robo-arms (a ride on a robot similar to those that manufacture cars) which appeared to form part of the undergrowth of the forest, with sprawling tree roots and rocky waterfalls

• 1 month later...

I believe the Secret Weapon idea is now dead.. however I'm still holding out for that B&M floorless, Alton stylee

I dont believe the Secret Weapon idea is dead, but I think it's probably gonna be a good few years before we get the next one. Personally I think the way things are going a B&M floorless is more likely at Thorpe Park, but I'd luv it if they did build one at Alton Towers, I would imagine they'd build it in a canyon just like Nemmy which would be sweet! :D:D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

the way things are going at alton I don't think they really need a new amazing ride. I mean if they did make a coaster lets say of for the first first few weeks they'd get lots of thrill seekers checking it out but really they wouldn't get the additional money to pay for the investment completely... although some people think without a new secret weapon thorpe might challenge alton for the no.1 spot but really evan after the new coaster in 2009 thorpe still wont be the same as the shire... well everything that alton has it just gives you that unprecedented feeling felling unique to alton!!! I would love to see that Woodie actually happen LOL NO CHANCE!!! :mellow:

I'm hoping for something quite new and different, not really seen in any park before. When you think of the other secret weapons they were all the first of the their kind and brought something new to the industry, SW3- first inverted looping coaster, SW4- first vertcal drop coaster, SW5- first flying coaster. At the time these coasters were revoloutinary so lets hope the same can be said about SW6.

I get chills down my spine whenever I read the words: Secret Weapon 6. I have such a good feeling that I've never felt about any development before. I honestly don't care what type of attraction it's going to be.... I know for sure that it's going to be something utterly amazing.I think this could be Alton's first steps into something truely, amazingly themed. A complete psychological, and physiological journey- much like the Thrill Lab mentions in their research. John Wardley is involved.... even better, it's going to ooze quality and we should have even more faith in Alton's management with the aid of Merlin (who afterall, want Alton to be their main attraction).Some exciting times ahead of us here! :)

^ When Merlin bought out Tussauds, there was something in the press release about Alton being the main focous of investment. Correct me if I'm wrong obviously.And I think I have to disaggree with you about the money comment. DIC wanted money, they didn't really care about the parks, and yes whilst promarily they are a business and make s**tloads of profit that's not all they care about. The company is made up of some of the most passionate people within the industry. Some of the atractions that'll come into fruition in the next few years will no doubt showcase that.

• 2 months later...

According to Towers Almanac, it could have a castle theme, with a run-down tower looking like the actual towers themselves.So, by the looks of this layout (if it is real) it is unlikely it will be manufactured by B&M. I think Premier is the most likely manufacturer.How is this a world first though? (We were told this would be a world first).

There's loads to look forward to at Alton Towers next year:

• Ug Swinger will be in Cred Street
  • The new Sea Life Centre in Mutiny Bay
  • The new cable car gondolas (about time!)
And now I've heard that both KFC and Pizza Hut in Katanga Canyon and X Sector are to be replaced by "pasta bars", anyone have any more info on this? If so, I wonder if Thorpe and Chessington will follow.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm guessing the train is winched up the dead-end part of track, and a piece of track switches position, like a railway does, so when the train is dropped, it will run onto the helix-looking thing and around the rest of the course. Don't know what that long straight part is for though.